Pokemon: Radiant Sagas
Add to Favorites
1 Year Ago
PMD: Adventures of Might & Magic
PMD: Bridge of Invention
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon: Team Red Rescue
[PMD] Choosing Our Fate
On The Wing
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Bonds of Hope
PMD : Beyond The Horizon
Milos from Home
Pokemon: Radiant Sagas
April 13th, 2018
I wish ya the best of luck! I really hope that this’ll be good!
(Yes, I read the comment fully, I hope it succeeds its purpose)
P.S. remember me on some comics?
(If not, ok.......
*tiny violin plays in the background*)
April 2nd, 2018
So, what is PRSaga? Well, in short- it's going to be a collection of one-shot comics based in the PRS world. When I first started PRS I had big plans, lots of characters, and a lot of ideas. However, as I've continued through PRS I realized my ideas were getting a bit much for a single story. Naya was hardly the main character and covering the backstories of other characters was making the main plot move in a pace so sluggish a snail could circle the earth before I'd finish the comic. I had to start making cuts. At first it was a few scenes here and there- like one where I had Miah trying to talk Cero out of doing something stupid or an extended battle in the temple where more than just Cero comes to the rescue. Then I started cutting more. Story arcs that I deemed non-essential to the plot. Character stories that would eat up too much time for too little payoff. The goal was to get PRS down to a length that wouldn't take me 20 years to complete.
It was no secret in the discord server that I was cutting things. A member of the server- Runesage- asked if anyone was interested in a collab project. He's a great friend and an active member of the discord server with a strong interest in writing. I took up the offer on the condition it was a short story- not a full blown project. We bounced ideas around and eventually settled on the idea of creating a one-shot about Reggie since he's one of the characters with a less solid backstory that wouldn't have made it into the main comic. Lots of ideas were bounced around and we now have a solid outline for a 22 page comic featuring Reggie and his first adventure. Why stop there? There are plenty of stories in the PRS world that won't fit in the main comic that could be told- so we decided on Pokemon Radiant Sagas (keeping that PRS acronym) to be a series of short stories featuring various cast members. These stories will all be considered canon to the PRS world but not essential reading to understand the main PRS story. They may however connect to the main story somehow.
Q: When will PRSaga start/update?
- Unknown. We're currently in the scripting phase of the first story. Patrons will get exclusive concept art, WIP shots, etc. as we go through scripting and layouts. Once a suitable buffer of pages is made I will start posting pages on patreon for those of the $5+ tiers. These updates will take place on the bonus Tuesday updates instead of extra PRS updates when the comic is updating. Once the entire comic is complete the posts will begin to be put up for the public on a once a week basis.
Q: Why release on Patreon first?
- Imagine that you're a comic writer. Now imagine that every time you miss an update or take a break you get about 10 messages asking "When's the next page?!?!?!?!" Now picture how annoying that gets. Multiply that by two. It's bad enough being pestered over main PRS when missing an update that I'd rather have each story of PRSaga complete before beginning updates for it. I also sorta want to give the Patrons a special treat for their amazing support over the last two years. Without them I wouldn't even be considering working on another comic on top of PRS. Don't worry though- any and all comics will go public as soon as they're ready. I would never create a patreon-only comic. It'll just be less stressful for me not to worry as much about missed updates.
Q: Will this effect the main PRS comic production?
- Yes and no. The goal is to still have PRS update on a weekly basis when not on hiatus. PRS will only lose the bonus Tuesday patreon updates whenever PRSaga is updating. However, the main story will take priority over PRSaga. If I don't have time to complete a PRSaga page I will upload a PRS page on the Tuesday update. Hopefully I'll have enough of a buffer of both comics that this never becomes a problem.
Q: How long will each PRSaga story be and how many will there be?
- Each story will be no more than 22 pages. Right now, we only have a short based around Reggie planned. We'll focus on scripting out this one before we start brainstorming another. Right now I do not expect to have more than one of these a year.
Q: Will I need to read PRSaga to understand events in main PRS?
- No. The stories are canon and may be relevant to the main PRS plot, but anything incredibly relevant to the main PRS plot will be shown or explained in main PRS in some form or another. This is mostly an excuse for me to cover things that would not make it into the main comic for pacing reasons.
Q: Who is working on PRSaga?
- Runesage and myself. Both of us are brainstorming, outlining, and scripting the stories as a team. I will be in charge of all art stuff.
©2005-2019 NHN Global, Inc.