Mobile compatibility? Page layout not working.

Is something wonky on the site? Describe the problem to us, and we'll fix it ASAP.
Forum rules
Bug Reporting Guidelines

Before Posting
Please make sure someone hasn't already reported the problem you're experiencing before creating a new topic. Confirmed issues have been stickied in this forum.

Rules

1) Use a descriptive title when starting a bug topic. Example: "Comic images not showing up" Do not use vague titles like, "problem" or "uh ohh"

2) Describe your problem in detail. Explain exactly what is wrong. Post images, screen shots, links, code snippets - whatever is relevant. The better the information you provide, the better the solution you will receive.

3) Be polite and patient. We fix these issues as fast as we can. Please be patient with us as we work toward a solution.

Mobile compatibility? Page layout not working.

Postby Marzipanda » December 24th, 2016, 10:26 pm

I had no issues when I was using the site yesterday so I don't know if there was an update to the website? I load the site on an iPhone and am now having issues loading pages. The most notable is when searching comics. The comics come up in a grid pattern but I can only see two or three from the left. I can see the edge of another going offscreen on the right but scrolling to the side or zooming out don't work. Even rotating my phone sideways doesn't work. Any thoughts?
Marzipanda

Re: Mobile compatibility? Page layout not working.

Postby Darkstripe AF » December 25th, 2016, 10:11 am

Marzipanda wrote:I had no issues when I was using the site yesterday so I don't know if there was an update to the website? I load the site on an iPhone and am now having issues loading pages. The most notable is when searching comics. The comics come up in a grid pattern but I can only see two or three from the left. I can see the edge of another going offscreen on the right but scrolling to the side or zooming out don't work. Even rotating my phone sideways doesn't work. Any thoughts?

I Also seem to have the same problem,I can't load/submit any comics anymore since the "My Account" bar sits smack-dab in the middle of the screen and it can't be moved,it's blocks the submit button.I used a regualar cellphone.

I also fear that this will disturb users who have to log in via smartphone/tab/or regular cellphone.
Darkstripe AF

Postby Admin » December 25th, 2016, 12:47 pm

Are you guys able to provide screenshots?

I tested the site on iPhone and Android. What phone and browser are you using?
Admin
Site Admin

Postby portisHeart » December 25th, 2016, 2:58 pm

hi, the new layout breaks on my tablet, while it was perfect before.
the profile page and the one where you can see many comics, probably the main, is too broad and doesn't fit entirely.
also, the side panel with the tags etc is not stable, it almost can't be get hold of.
the comic pages seemed ok, not much time to test in the train tho'.
using samsung galaxy tab 2 with android 4.4 i think - which can't be updated to marshmallow since discontinued.

besides - not a bug but since i'm here - independently of my device, i'd appreciate my favorites on top and comments much smaller somewhere at the bottom, since i'm less interested in reading my own comments than reading the new pages of my fav comics.
EDIT: and this concerns other people's profiles too, since i'm really interested in what they READ, and don't care much about whatever comments they wrote. guess what, i despise facebarf and all its clones, selfies, and stats.
also, on the profile where the favs are listed, before you could see at once there when last updated, now you can't, you have to click your way through to the favorite page.
maybe i should change my bookmark to my faves instead of my profile then i guess..
EDIT part 2: and since the creators who didn't keep up with the change, e.g. submitted a cover or something, for whatever reasons maybe because they have been absent a long while, are not complying to new rules, their comics are not appearing under the faves in the profile page, only on the private fav page - which means that with a lot of clicking i can still find my "old" or not complying faves - but i can't see other people's since i have no access to their private fav page :/

not personal, but i generally find that all sites i use frequently that changed their layout in the last 5 years or so for this white, probably bootstrap-ish, new so-called mobile friendly style (which for some sites made mobile reading absolutely impossible while it was bearable before) have fixed something that wasn't broken somehow... and while i enjoyed visiting them before and liked the layout, i kinda wasn't happy with the changes after... livejournal, 2 sims sites, renderosity (took a while until they fixed stuff but now it's ok), daz forums, and some others that don't come to mind. at least you, unless some of above mentioned sites, didn't add a panel with a flurry of (personally despised) social media buttons/icons as many did (or my ad blocker works awesomely) - please don't do, i find it positive.

i'm sorry i can't say anything nicer since "your" smackjeeves is awesome and i know you worked very hard for this site update/change, it's just my honest opinion...
Last edited by portisHeart on December 26th, 2016, 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
portisHeart

Postby JoKeR » December 25th, 2016, 3:23 pm

Quote myself from the "New Butler" thread.
JoKeR wrote:Sooooo ...
Only bugs I noticed so far when I use my iPod-touch 4G:
(1) The menu doesn't show up. Therefore I can't search stuff or log in or what ever else.
(2) If I click on Comics on the start page, the left side is blank (no list) only blue space and the comic-covers are outside the window to the right (nearly unreachable) and informations are clinched vertically to the right side under those cut covers.

Oh and Safari crashes very often ...nearly 5 times in 4 minutes.

I'm not a fan of this clean mobile look everywhere on the internet. But it fit very well for a page with many art content.
I miss a little bit the preview function of the old design, but that's the job of the covers now.

I try to get some screenshots ...my data cable went kaput so I have to borrow some other to submit the pictures.
JoKeR

Postby Kotav » December 27th, 2016, 9:19 pm

pls allow us to request to view on old layout with the banner style.
Trying to use search, does not display all comics, just some in the middle. Trying this on iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2 both running latest software on safari.

Y are the images cropped when using [img]
Kotav

Postby JoKeR » January 27th, 2017, 2:28 pm

Bump! Because the errors still persist.
JoKeR

Postby Admin » January 27th, 2017, 4:01 pm

This is an issue with Safari that apparently has yet to be fixed on mobile devices, but it should be soon, because it was recently fixed on desktop Safari.

In the meantime, the site should display correctly in Chrome.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby smilysarah » March 15th, 2017, 8:42 pm

Hi, I just wanted to say that I'm having this issue as well. I use Google Chrome on my iPad.
smilysarah

Return to Bugs & Glitches