ipod touch app???is it possible?

What would you like to see on Smack Jeeves? What are we doing well? Could we improve? Let us know!
Forum rules
Suggestions & Feedback Posting Guidelines
The purpose of this board is to allow community members to suggest new features or changes to be added to Smack Jeeves. Even if you aren't sure of a specific solution, but you recognize the need for an improvement, point it out!

Before Posting
Please browse/search the forum to make sure your suggestion hasn't already been made by someone else. If you find an idea similar to yours, post your contributing thoughts to that thread. Don't start a new thread unless your idea is significantly different from existing suggestions.

Rules

1) Use a descriptive title when making a suggestion or pointing out the need for improvement.

2) Describe the problem / solution in detail. First, explain why there is a problem or a need for a new feature to begin with. Then, describe your proposed solution (if you have one) clearly and effectively.

3) Respect others' ideas. If you disagree with someone else's ideas or suggestions, respectfully and factually state why. While debate over different solutions is fine, insults or personal attacks will not be tolerated.

Sticky System
Suggestions that have been approved and chosen for implementation by the development team will be stickied. When development begins on an idea, that topic will be moved to the New Features & Changes in Progress board.

ipod touch app???is it possible?

Postby cooldude27af » December 27th, 2009, 1:12 am

well i was just playing around with my ipod touch and i noticed i needed a smack Jeeves app!!! That would be nice!!anyone up for the idea??
coolbeans wrote:In this universe, I'm a teenage girl sitting in front of her computer. In another, I might be queen of the planet. In another, I might be a world famous monster truck driver/dragon slayer, and so on.
cooldude27af

Re: ipod touch app???is it possible?

Postby trenton_dawn » December 27th, 2009, 1:14 am

Uh...what exactly would such an app do?
Gaia, a fantasy comic
Ghost, an online novel — Sketchbook thread — deviantArt
Need assistance with anything? Feel free to PM me.
Seven Rain wrote:Trenton speaks words of wisdom.
trenton_dawn

Postby cooldude27af » December 27th, 2009, 1:16 am

i don't know,maybe show latest comic,lets you manage your comic stuff like that..any more ideas?
coolbeans wrote:In this universe, I'm a teenage girl sitting in front of her computer. In another, I might be queen of the planet. In another, I might be a world famous monster truck driver/dragon slayer, and so on.
cooldude27af

Postby ninjies » December 27th, 2009, 1:19 am

you can already do that if you have a phone. i check SJ on my phone all the time.
ninjies

Postby cooldude27af » December 27th, 2009, 1:20 am

i mean an actual app that you can download and stuff like that!!
cooldude27af

Postby cooldude27af » December 27th, 2009, 1:24 am

more than an app,just something you can easily click on and instantly be on smackjeeves!!! i would love that!! and i bet many ppl would to
cooldude27af

Postby cooldude27af » December 27th, 2009, 1:28 am

Anyone else for the idea??
cooldude27af

Postby cooldude27af » December 27th, 2009, 1:33 am

anyone??
cooldude27af

Postby Seven Rain » December 27th, 2009, 1:49 am

Look, buddy, first off we all know you're the same "cooldude" who was already banned a while back for... Well pretty much for doing exactly what you're doing now.
Smack Jeeves Forum rules wrote:1.3) Do not spam. We encourage you to make meaningful contributions to the community. The creation of meaningless threads and excessive nonsensical or one-liner posts will not be tolerated.

Smack Jeeves Forum rules wrote:2.3) Do not make multiple posts. Do not post a new topic and then re-post your topic again in other forums. Also, we ask that you refrain from double-posting: making multiple posts in-a-row in the same topic.
Seven Rain

Postby cooldude27af » December 27th, 2009, 2:07 am

Seven Rain wrote:Look, buddy, first off we all know you're the same "cooldude" who was already banned a while back for... Well pretty much for doing exactly what you're doing now.
Smack Jeeves Forum rules wrote:1.3) Do not spam. We encourage you to make meaningful contributions to the community. The creation of meaningless threads and excessive nonsensical or one-liner posts will not be tolerated.

Smack Jeeves Forum rules wrote:2.3) Do not make multiple posts. Do not post a new topic and then re-post your topic again in other forums. Also, we ask that you refrain from double-posting: making multiple posts in-a-row in the same topic.

thank you for your concer,but i forgot the rules,and im not this other "cooldude" thank you!!
cooldude27af

Postby Czar Squid » December 27th, 2009, 2:19 am

cooldude27af wrote:thank you for your concer,but i forgot the rules,and im not this other "cooldude" thank you!!

Ignorance is not an excuse. When you sign up for smack jeeves, you agreed to the terms and polices that came with it. It is your responsibility to read and follow the rules.

As far as I know, you can check smack jeeves through the browser, but it would be up to admin to program an app. That can take a very long time because he would have to write out the code, test it, and publish it. The code itself might be in a programming language he may not even be familiar with (Although most of programming languages are similar in functionality). On top of that, he already has numerous things to take care of around the site.

So yes it be nice to see an app for the itouch for smackjeeves, but it may not happen anytime soon (or at all).
Someone causing problems on the forum? Then use this Image
Czar Squid

Postby cooldude27af » December 27th, 2009, 2:22 am

Thanks for your reply!! and im sorry about not checking the rules recently,i looked at it a LONG!!! time ago,ill check it out again !! i hope they find the time to make an app!
cooldude27af

Postby Pyroman » December 27th, 2009, 3:14 am

I...I just don't get what you want this app to do. You can open safari and just look at any SJ site you want already, so I'm not sure what you hope it would achieve to have a separate SJ app.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Pyroman

Postby trenton_dawn » December 27th, 2009, 3:54 am

Even if such an app were to be created, it would represent such a small improvement over simply viewing SJ on a web browser that it would hardly be worth the effort.
Gaia, a fantasy comic
Ghost, an online novel — Sketchbook thread — deviantArt
Need assistance with anything? Feel free to PM me.
Seven Rain wrote:Trenton speaks words of wisdom.
trenton_dawn

Postby granmastern » December 27th, 2009, 5:14 am

I check Smackjeeves from my phone too.

Having an app for your device would be the same way in having a SJ app for pc or whatever platform, it isn't really necessary (convenient yes, but not necessary) when you have a browser next to you and really just takes a few clicks.
granmastern

Next

Return to Suggestions & Feedback