ipod touch app???is it possible?

What would you like to see on Smack Jeeves? What are we doing well? Could we improve? Let us know!
Forum rules
Suggestions & Feedback Posting Guidelines
The purpose of this board is to allow community members to suggest new features or changes to be added to Smack Jeeves. Even if you aren't sure of a specific solution, but you recognize the need for an improvement, point it out!

Before Posting
Please browse/search the forum to make sure your suggestion hasn't already been made by someone else. If you find an idea similar to yours, post your contributing thoughts to that thread. Don't start a new thread unless your idea is significantly different from existing suggestions.

Rules

1) Use a descriptive title when making a suggestion or pointing out the need for improvement.

2) Describe the problem / solution in detail. First, explain why there is a problem or a need for a new feature to begin with. Then, describe your proposed solution (if you have one) clearly and effectively.

3) Respect others' ideas. If you disagree with someone else's ideas or suggestions, respectfully and factually state why. While debate over different solutions is fine, insults or personal attacks will not be tolerated.

Sticky System
Suggestions that have been approved and chosen for implementation by the development team will be stickied. When development begins on an idea, that topic will be moved to the New Features & Changes in Progress board.

Re: ipod touch app???is it possible?

Postby WolfieBoy » December 27th, 2009, 5:18 am

Well, to do that, you would need the internet and if you already have it then you can check that kinda crap like latest comics and stuff like that on SmackJeeves, and you can see comics really good too and you can zoom in.
LOOK AT HALONIC
WolfieBoy

Postby avian-reader » December 27th, 2009, 5:21 am

So you want it so that you can jump straight to the site when you like? I thought that's what favourites ans bookmarks are for...
Got questions about autism? Feel free to ask :)
avian-reader

Postby Guest » December 27th, 2009, 5:39 am

Maybe he meant that the app would allow it to store certain information locally, for example being able to see the comic's statistic for when you are offline, and then that information would update when you are online again (or maybe that's just me giving suggestions)
I am actually curious if this sort of thing would be possible, but I wouldn't put it as a top priority.

Edit: RSS readers work well too, I'm sure iphones have those

Postby Pyroman » December 27th, 2009, 7:11 am

granmastern wrote:Edit: RSS readers work well too, I'm sure iphones have those

There's one on the main page, in fact.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Pyroman

Postby Phoenix of Chaos » December 27th, 2009, 7:41 am

It's an okay idea, but there are too many comics for the current suggestion to work efficiently. What would be useful is, as well as the Favourites, there could also be a High Favourites (only about ten of them) that the application would be able to use and show. Then you have to consider that some comics are too darn big for the DSi (as an example, I remember using it a lot) so there's the question of data size. Among other stuff which I'm unaware of.
Phoenix of Chaos

Postby Guest » December 28th, 2009, 10:22 am

Pyroman wrote:

Do you mean RSS feeds in smackjeeves or a native reader app in the iphone's main... home launcher thing, because I meant the latter, safari might have it though.

Postby Pyroman » December 28th, 2009, 10:32 am

granmastern wrote:
Pyroman wrote:

Do you mean RSS feeds in smackjeeves or a native reader app in the iphone's main... home launcher thing, because I meant the latter, safari might have it though.

I mean the iPhone has an RSS feed reader. I have several friends with iPhones or iPod Touches and each has had the RSS feed icon on the main page, so unless it is an app they all downloaded, it's on there standard.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Pyroman

Postby AnarchyKitty » April 22nd, 2013, 1:30 pm

I would totally support a smackjeeves app! Not for uploading but just to view and read!
AnarchyKitty

Postby Clockwork-aqua-regia » August 10th, 2013, 12:40 am

The Ipod app might be a good idea. Or at least there can be a mobile version to make this easier to use on an ipod or phone. The app could make it easier to read comics and message other users.
Clockwork-aqua-regia

Postby Steampunk King » October 25th, 2016, 8:06 pm

It would definitely be nice to have a SJ app, notifications and all. I forget about this site way too much.
Steampunk King

Postby Bean-Bun » November 18th, 2017, 11:06 pm

hi. I think this would be a good idea. :D I would love to have a phone app for Smackjeeves. Yes, it would take a lot of work, but it would broaden the brand that is Smackjeeves. It would provide more revenue from the ads and such. Also, having an app is a matter of convenience! It is more convenient for people to open an app on their phone and have their account already signed in than to use a browser app to open SmackJeeves. I would totally download a SmackJeeves phone app. An app for an iPhone would probably be difficult because of all the regulations, but I believe an app for Google Play is plausible and would be a great accomplishment for the SmackJeeves creator(s).
Bean-Bun

Postby Bean-Bun » November 18th, 2017, 11:07 pm

Steampunk King wrote:It would definitely be nice to have a SJ app, notifications and all. I forget about this site way too much.

I completely agree!
Bean-Bun

Previous

Return to Suggestions & Feedback