"Read all pages" mode implementation

Working on a new template and need help? Come here for support.

Moderator: Help Desk Team

"Read all pages" mode implementation

Postby Zarzaliel » July 2nd, 2019, 3:36 pm

So, let's say you are reading my comic.

The comic has one panel per page, so when you are reading it you have to click next for every panel. Which gets tiring really fast.
I want to know if it's possible to put some sort of "all pages" mode, in which all pages from a chapter are displayed at once.

My knowledge of programming is rather nonexistent, so please have patience.
Zarzaliel

Re: "Read all pages" mode implementation

Postby eishiya » July 2nd, 2019, 3:51 pm

This is not currently possible, comic pages display only one page at a time, with comments and all that. Currently the way to go with comics like this is either to put up with the clicking, or to upload "pages" consisting of several panels, e.g. grouping them into scenes. Another alternative is to make Custom Pages for each "chapter" that people can go to binge read everything instead of using the page archive. This will make it more of a hassle for people to comment though, since the best you can do in that case is have each page image link to its proper comic webpage. Moreover, this would require manual work with each update, it's far from ideal.

There have been a couple of Suggestion threads asking for the option to display multiple pages at once (e.g. a full chapter at once, or some fixed number of pages), so perhaps we'll get that as a feature one day. That probably won't be for a long time though ):
eishiya

Re: "Read all pages" mode implementation

Postby Zarzaliel » July 3rd, 2019, 6:51 am

Shame. Thank you anyway.
Zarzaliel

Return to Template Development & Support