Problems with Modified Modern Template

Working on a new template and need help? Come here for support.

Moderator: Help Desk Team

Problems with Modified Modern Template

Postby YunikoYokai » February 27th, 2018, 3:56 am

Hi all, sorry for jumping back in here again.

I've modified my icon set (the one with Patreon, facebook etc) so it'll link to my deviantart and artstation profiles, but when I throw the links in the section it says to, nothing appears on my page. I decided to try the defaul Modern templete just in case something screwed up on my end, put a facebook link in the facebook link area and still nothing appeared. I went through the CSS and other code but couldn't see anything else related to these icons other than setting them. Am I missing some really obvious? (Most likely am!)
Last edited by YunikoYokai on March 4th, 2018, 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
YunikoYokai

Re: Facebook/Twitter Icons not showing (Modern Template)

Postby eishiya » February 27th, 2018, 9:08 am

They're not showing up because they're commented out. Remove the <!-- at the start and --> at the end of the lines, those are HTML comment markers. The examples were commented out so that they could be there without actually showing up.

Also, are you sure it's a good idea to use the Facebook icon for Artstation? People looking for your Artstation aren't going to click that, and people who click it expecting Facebook will probably be surprised and possibly disappointed.
eishiya

Re: Facebook/Twitter Icons not showing (Modern Template)

Postby YunikoYokai » February 27th, 2018, 11:03 am

Goddam it, I knew it would be something like that! Thank you

And I've changed the icons to an Artstation and deviantart logo instead so it won't be a facebook/twitter icon. I may be an idiot, but I'm not that much of an idiot XD

Thanks again!
YunikoYokai

Return to Template Development & Support