How to include donate button?

Working on a new template and need help? Come here for support.

Moderator: Help Desk Team

How to include donate button?

Postby annaf » May 7th, 2019, 2:21 pm

I want to put a ko-fi donation button at the bottom of each comic page but I'm not sure where in the code it goes or which code? Is it Appearance -> Overall Layout? Would really appreciate some help! :)
annaf

Re: How to include donate button?

Postby eishiya » May 7th, 2019, 2:34 pm

That depends on where exactly you want to put it. In most cases though, it should be somewhere in Overall Layout, yes.
eishiya

Postby annaf » May 7th, 2019, 2:53 pm

eishiya wrote:That depends on where exactly you want to put it. In most cases though, it should be somewhere in Overall Layout, yes.

I was thinking below the comic pages and below the comments section? Kind of in the same place where yours is placed.
annaf

Postby ryoshockwave » May 7th, 2019, 3:03 pm

Mine's a paypal link but it's placed in the 'Comic Page' template right above the comments container, so it shows up below the page but above the comments.

To put below the comments, I'd guess you'd still put it in Comic Page, but under the comments container instead?
ryoshockwave

Postby eishiya » May 7th, 2019, 3:55 pm

ryoshockwave wrote:Mine's a paypal link but it's placed in the 'Comic Page' template right above the comments container, so it shows up below the page but above the comments.

To put below the comments, I'd guess you'd still put it in Comic Page, but under the comments container instead?

This is correct. If you only want it to show up under comic pages, then you want it to be in Comic Page, under the comments section, so somewhere under
Code: Select all
<!-- END switch_user_comments -->

I put mine at the very end of Comic Page, but the appropriate place depends on your specific layout. If you get it wrong, you can always move it though!
eishiya

Return to Template Development & Support