Kirby's Sketchopolis

Showcase your artistic works here for all to admire and critique. All forms of art are welcome.
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to allow individuals to post their artwork for admiration and critique; it is NOT for promoting your comic (see Self-Promotion). It is strictly forbidden to create a topic with the sole purpose of linking to your comic.

Re: Kirby's Sketchopolis

Postby SkyWithFluffyclouds » November 19th, 2012, 10:37 am

I don't think I've said it before but I really dig your style <3
SkyWithFluffyclouds

Postby AlkseeyaKC » November 19th, 2012, 2:39 pm

OOOO I see some new hot Jack Frost fan art action going on! I can't wait to see it done! =3
AlkseeyaKC

Postby Varethane » February 13th, 2013, 12:06 am

Wow, your painting technique is lovely! That Motorcity piece looks so crisp, it's great!
Varethane

Postby KirbyHead » February 16th, 2013, 3:09 am

@Varethane: Thank you! I'm still not quite where I want to be with painting, but I don't know if anyone's ever really satisfied with their own stuff, so that's probably normal.
@AlkseeyaKC: Done... hahahahaha..... I wish.... much like the Motorcity picture, it probably isn't getting finished any time soon.
@SkywithFluffyClouds: Thanks so much! (Also, I like your username, heh.)

72.) I participated in a gift exchange for Valentine's Day on 4chan and I got pretty much the best gift ever. So I drew my gift-giver's favorite character, and I'm sending it back as a thank you package along with some candy. He's from Hatoful Boyfriend, an otome game that's apparently pretty awesome that I need to play. (All of the boys you try to romance are pidgeons, hahahaha.)
Last edited by KirbyHead on February 16th, 2013, 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
KirbyHead

Postby ApaFox » February 16th, 2013, 3:39 am

KirbyHead wrote:72.) I participated in a gift exchange for Valentine's Day on 4chan and I got pretty much the best gift ever. So I drew my gift-giver's favorite character, and I'm sending it back as a thank you package along with some candy. He's from [urll=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatoful_Boyfriend]Hatoful Boyfriend[/url], an otome game that's apparently pretty awesome that I need to play. (All of the boys you try to romance are pidgeons, hahahaha.)

I remember that episode of Peanutbuttergamer. That dialog montage, hilarity.
The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby KirbyHead » February 16th, 2013, 3:50 am

ApaFox wrote:I remember that episode of Peanutbuttergamer. That dialog montage, hilarity.

I haven't seen that either, but everyone was raving about, and the idea of trying to romance pigeons is downright hilarious (plus it's only $5) so I think I'm obligated to buy it at this point. There's one frame I've seen where the pigeons are discussing rifle ownership or something that gets me every time.
KirbyHead

Postby AlkseeyaKC » February 16th, 2013, 9:44 am

Woah! Your picture there is awesome! I love seeing your work. X3
AlkseeyaKC

Postby KirbyHead » June 10th, 2013, 12:02 am

AlkseeyaKC wrote:Woah! Your picture there is awesome! I love seeing your work. X3

Thanks! I just wish I could actually finish more things...

73.) Drew up some quick fanart for somebody's game. My eyes still kind of hurt from staring at the colors.

74.) Putting down roughs and trying more dynamic poses. Two original characters duking it out. Spoiler: Blondie loses.
Last edited by KirbyHead on July 15th, 2016, 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KirbyHead

Postby Falconer » June 10th, 2013, 12:03 pm

Damn Kirby, you've got some great stuff! I really like 72 & 73
Falconer

Postby KirbyHead » October 15th, 2013, 12:12 am

Thank you, Falconer! I really like skull dude, too. Too bad the game developer just kind of disappeared off the face of the Earth.

74.) This is fanart of a show that's on this anime season, Kyousougiga. It reminds me of FLCL a lot: fast-paced action interspersed with a few quieter, introspective moments, with a somewhat confusing plot to boot. And an awesome soundtrack. FLCL is my favorite anime so those are all good qualities, to me. There's some stuff that I'm too lazy to clean up now. Maybe when I rustle up the courage to open up the Photoshop file. The star field in the back made it like 200mb and it takes forever to open, thus I'm putting it off.
KirbyHead

Postby three » October 16th, 2013, 10:13 pm

Golly your lines are so clean! There's something about the way you draw your hands that I really enjoy... they have a sort of square look to them that's quite expressive!

The thing that's bothering me about your latest piece is the near leg of the girl in the center. The bend of the knee seems to suggest that the lower half of the leg should be facing inward, but the foot appears to be pointing outwards, so it looks contorted. If you were to move the knee more towards the viewer it would look fine!
three

Postby KirbyHead » October 18th, 2013, 1:53 am

My subscription to this thread didn't alert me at all! Anyway, thank you! Sadly, my lines only look clean because I draw everything really big (this is originally 3500x3000). For the hands, I've been trying to draw them looking more handlike for years, but they persist in looking all blocky and what-have-you. But if that looks good, then score! As for her leg, I see exactly what you're saying. I'll fix that up as soon as I stop putting off opening that huge file. Thank you for pointing it out. :)
KirbyHead

Postby Tacbot Unit-89 » October 18th, 2013, 2:11 am

KirbyHead wrote:Image

I need this as a poster, or have this paint on my wall.
Sonic-ock wrote:good euphemisms for taking a poop I've heard recently, Busting a Nugget and Making Bears.
Tacbot Unit-89

Postby Sonic-ock » October 18th, 2013, 6:17 pm

Kirb... Kirbster... KIRBOPTIMUS PRIME!... You rock so hard.
ImageImageImageImage
Sonic-ock

Previous

Return to Creative Showcase