Alexis Posts Picture Things

Showcase your artistic works here for all to admire and critique. All forms of art are welcome.
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to allow individuals to post their artwork for admiration and critique; it is NOT for promoting your comic (see Self-Promotion). It is strictly forbidden to create a topic with the sole purpose of linking to your comic.

Re: Alexis Posts Picture Things

Postby Alexis_Royce » November 16th, 2018, 9:37 am

Hey all! It's been a while, but I'm pretty pleased with how art's been going this year. Been focusing a lot more on traditional stuff.

Inkwork has been a blast:

Spoiler! :

But I've also still been working on my watercolors. Having a color commission option at the table has proved to be an important move.

Spoiler! :

I also tried my hand at a little music-video animatic earlier this year: here's a short clip:

You can watch the rest of it over here, it's just shy of 40 seconds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BVnPa_q9rU I'd love to work on more, but the trial for the program I was using expired. I've been trying to also use other free ones, but they either don't sync properly with the music, or don't sync with the music at all. I messed around with a short dialogue animation in one of the programs that didn't sync: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVbv9qUmKo8 And I'm sure if I wanted to be an animator, it would be time to double down on it, sync be damned. But I just want to do it as a hobby. So I'm probably gonna wait until the shareware programs are a little bit better.

And I've been feeling a lot better about my character design work this year:

Spoiler! :

Comics continue to fall under the eternal struggle: Do I work to make them more complex and look better, or do I work to get them out at a faster rate? I always try for both and worry that I always fail at both.

Spoiler! :

Anyway, there's a big ol roundup! Looking back on it, I think I need to get back in the swing of working digitally, and on bigger pieces. I've been struggling to make noew prints for the past year and a half, and that needs to stop. Also, when my computer crashed, I lost all my Hot Fuzz screenshots, so I stopped work on that project. That was really good practice, though. I need to start again.
Alexis_Royce

Postby Alexis_Royce » January 21st, 2019, 12:20 pm

Gonna do a quick grab bag, because procrastination is easy and fun! One character design to start us off, then everyone else under the cuts!

Watercolors!

Spoiler! :

And I'm doing a lot of composition practice. This is my life now. I want everything to have a sexy thumbnail by the end of the year.

Spoiler! :
Image Image

Alexis_Royce

Postby Alexis_Royce » May 14th, 2019, 1:02 pm

Quick depressed grab bag, because postin' anything gives me a quick dopamine hit.

Recent Commissions:

Spoiler! :

Traditional:

Spoiler! :

Tabletop character I drew for my wife:

Spoiler! :

And his persona.

Alexis_Royce

Previous

Return to Creative Showcase