Damatris arts

Showcase your artistic works here for all to admire and critique. All forms of art are welcome.
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to allow individuals to post their artwork for admiration and critique; it is NOT for promoting your comic (see Self-Promotion). It is strictly forbidden to create a topic with the sole purpose of linking to your comic.

Re: Damatris arts

Postby Fukairi » January 3rd, 2017, 1:32 pm

Your colouring is looking a lot better since the last time I peeked around your thread. Well done! <3
Fukairi

Postby Damatris » January 13th, 2017, 11:15 am

Thank you! Your comments were super helpful and I'm really glad you took time to give advice. <3

8th chapter's cover. I'm really trying to fix my continuous trouble with values. >__>
Damatris

Postby Fukairi » January 17th, 2017, 9:52 pm

I think the main issue with your values is that the shadows are very small in size, yet they go to extreme colours (black - v dark blue) relatively fast. While I think the colour balance is much better now, I feel like you could benefit from some simple value exersices. For example, just importing RL photos into your preferred painting program of different light situations and then colouring all of the shaded areas black, leaving only the highlights open. That won't give you any art, for sure, but it's one of those eye opening exercises, it'll help you see just how big the shaded areas actually are. I'd also suggest staying a little bit further away from black when you shade, it's better to add light colours on top of each other than to go straight for the darkest colours (same principle as when you work with colour pencils - shade by layers, not pressure).

I hope this made some sense / was relatively helpful.
Fukairi

Postby Damatris » March 27th, 2017, 3:16 am

Ooh, that makes a lot of sense! And that value exercise sounds like really useful thing to do. it would definitely help getting a better grasp on the shadows.

Finished this yesterday and right afterwards I wanted to change some things but eh, gonna work on those with the next piece.
Damatris

Postby Damatris » May 28th, 2017, 1:12 pm

Friend-shaped giant fox made with watercolors.
Damatris

Postby Damatris » June 25th, 2017, 7:44 am

Damatris

Postby Damatris » July 4th, 2017, 11:44 am

No idea what I did but I kinda like it.
Damatris

Postby Damatris » July 22nd, 2017, 6:40 am

Damatris

Postby Damatris » November 18th, 2017, 4:15 am

Been ages since last posting so here's 2 of the newer ones. Wanted to do some cell shading and fan art for a change.

Lup from The Adventure Zone

Tokoyami & Dark shadow from Boku no hero academia which I drew yesterday
Damatris

Postby thelordbaeron » November 28th, 2017, 12:07 am

Really liked what you posted on here! Coloring is an extremely weak point of mine, so I wish I could give more constructive feedback. But what you've got is overall pleasing to look at and I love your style!
thelordbaeron

Previous

Return to Creative Showcase