What sketch is better?

Showcase your artistic works here for all to admire and critique. All forms of art are welcome.
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to allow individuals to post their artwork for admiration and critique; it is NOT for promoting your comic (see Self-Promotion). It is strictly forbidden to create a topic with the sole purpose of linking to your comic.

What sketch is better?

Postby Pidgeot Slayer » January 27th, 2019, 6:14 am

I sketched a picture of a ferret, I wanted to make it unique (not using color) i am thinking of keeping it as the sketch becouse she looks fluffy! :D

I made three versions (more like after I made the sketch I added some stuff on it to make it more unique/fun):
And maybe a way I could fix up them
(I won't follow anatomy for this one becouse she's based on an old imaginary friend that would be cute as an icon and oc )
Attachments
IMG_4019.PNG
Bandana/scarf
IMG_4019.PNG (54.68 KiB) Viewed 2387 times
IMG_4018.PNG
Made up markings
IMG_4018.PNG (58.4 KiB) Viewed 2387 times
IMG_4017.PNG
Ferret markings
IMG_4017.PNG (57.17 KiB) Viewed 2387 times
Pidgeot Slayer

Re: What sketch is better?

Postby Hungie » January 27th, 2019, 7:27 am

I'm liking the little scarf and the second fur pattern. How about combining the two? The scarf helps give a bit more of a distinct silhouette while a fur pattern can help differentiate it from similar body types. Messing with the silhouette a bit more might help in making the character more memorable (i.e adding a hair quirk or wearing a hat. Maybe making the tail a bit more unique etc).
Hungie

Re: What sketch is better?

Postby Pidgeot Slayer » January 27th, 2019, 5:31 pm

Okay I changed it a bit
Attachments
IMG_4020.PNG
Is it good?
IMG_4020.PNG (56.64 KiB) Viewed 2340 times
Pidgeot Slayer

Return to Creative Showcase