Cover Vs Cover

Showcase your artistic works here for all to admire and critique. All forms of art are welcome.
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to allow individuals to post their artwork for admiration and critique; it is NOT for promoting your comic (see Self-Promotion). It is strictly forbidden to create a topic with the sole purpose of linking to your comic.

Pets vs dragons what cover looks best

Poll ended at May 11th, 2019, 4:49 am

100%
No votes
Neither/other/they need fixes (comment)
No votes

Total votes : 2

Cover Vs Cover

Postby Pidgeot Slayer » May 4th, 2019, 4:49 am

I have made a cover for my story Pets Vs Dragons.
The current cover is not complete becouse it did not have the title on it and I have made two covers for it to see what one looks better.

Number one: the current one but with the title.
Number two: some characters sitting on the letters of the title.
Attachments
IMG_4269.PNG
(230 KiB) Not downloaded yet
IMG_4270.PNG
(218.51 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Pidgeot Slayer

Re: Cover Vs Cover

Postby eishiya » May 4th, 2019, 6:14 am

I much prefer the current one but with the title. It's colourful and attractive. The other one looks boring because it's basically text on a white background, the characters are hard to read, especially at a small size.

The text is hard to read on that colourful background though, perhaps give it an outline? Or, make use of the huge empty spaces you have by breaking the text up between them, e.g. "Pets" in the grey of the mountain, "Dragons" in the green of the grass, and "vs" in the flame.
It would also be more readable if you put "Pets" and "Dragons" in the same text size, and only changed it for the "vs", I think.
eishiya

Return to Creative Showcase