LoP's Sketchbook

Showcase your artistic works here for all to admire and critique. All forms of art are welcome.
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to allow individuals to post their artwork for admiration and critique; it is NOT for promoting your comic (see Self-Promotion). It is strictly forbidden to create a topic with the sole purpose of linking to your comic.

LoP's Sketchbook

Postby Loverofpiggies » February 24th, 2010, 8:25 am

I was very iffy about creating a sketchbook on here (Why I have no clue, perhaps I'm just a paranoid person) but I finally went "What the heck" and started one. :D Luckily I have three decent pictures to post today.

My character Dmitri. I wanted to play with rain and such, along with mechanics.
He probably should have used that umbrella earlier. :P

This was a commission from the creator of a webcomic "After Lily" which you can read here http://after-lily.smackjeeves.com/
Lately I've really gotten interested in having large amounts of color used for shading and highlights, that usually don't fit in to the picture normally.

Just an amusing sketch of my version of the god Hades.
Last edited by Loverofpiggies on March 17th, 2010, 2:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Vitotamito wrote:Wait, are you sayin that Princess Celestia and Nightmare Moon lezzed out and made Twilight Sparkle?

Loverofpiggies

Re: Loverofpiggies Sketchbook

Postby tecko » February 24th, 2010, 9:31 am

Nice work. I realy like the first one.
tecko

Postby ninjies » February 24th, 2010, 12:47 pm

i'm really glad that you decided to start a sketchbook! *U* i really like the fluidity of your art.
ninjies

Postby Loverofpiggies » February 24th, 2010, 2:08 pm

tecko wrote:Nice work. I realy like the first one.
Thank you! ^^ That one took quite a while. XD

ninjies wrote:i'm really glad that you decided to start a sketchbook! *U* i really like the fluidity of your art.
:0! That means alot to hear! Really it does! I try to make my coloring really smooth, luckily Paint Tool SAI has done loads of help with my coloring process.

Okay I was bored in painting class and did this to waste time. Only thing that came out interesting was this girl...bee.... thing.

And I like Snow white so.... Snow White! :D
Vitotamito wrote:Wait, are you sayin that Princess Celestia and Nightmare Moon lezzed out and made Twilight Sparkle?

Loverofpiggies

Postby Hunterkirizaki » February 24th, 2010, 3:01 pm

I love your work. One thing I dislike about it is the sheer lack of Axe Cop fanart. (Just kidding, but I think you'd like it. axecop.com is the link, in case you want to check it out and do fanart. :3)

Also, that Bee wants to sting me. I'm scared.
ImageImageImage
Hunterkirizaki

Postby Loverofpiggies » February 25th, 2010, 7:16 pm

Hunterkirizaki wrote:I love your work. One thing I dislike about it is the sheer lack of Axe Cop fanart. (Just kidding, but I think you'd like it. axecop.com is the link, in case you want to check it out and do fanart. :3)

Also, that Bee wants to sting me. I'm scared.
er, well I've already read Axe Cop before. Ironically I did do fanart of it today. :P Also: That bee wants to sting everyone. EVERYONE.

But first! My math class is incredibly boring, so I did random doodles. For some reason I chose to draw my regular style instead of some weird as heck thing I usually sketch in class. This first one is Joey, but with a bit of a design tweak.

My character Dmitri again.

And a cool mess of characters, along with Axe Cop. My favorite part though, is Zebi and Cyrus dressed up like bunnymen. Probably not that far from the truth, concerning those two.

Man this really IS a sketchbook. XD I should get to working on commissions or something. :P

Loverofpiggies

Postby trenton_dawn » February 25th, 2010, 7:18 pm

I like your hatching. Also Axe Cop.
Gaia, a fantasy comic
Ghost, an online novel — Sketchbook thread — deviantArt
Need assistance with anything? Feel free to PM me.
Seven Rain wrote:Trenton speaks words of wisdom.
trenton_dawn

Postby Loverofpiggies » February 25th, 2010, 11:12 pm

trenton_dawn wrote:I like your hatching. Also Axe Cop.
:D! Thank you! ^^ Who CANT Love axe cop anyway. XD

Loverofpiggies

Postby Supertoad » February 26th, 2010, 7:07 am

The face shading on Hades is very nicely done -- he looks haggard and gaunt. Disney's Hercules Hades went WAY over the top on the eyeliner:
Whereas yours makes him look, y'know, sickly and dead. Not like a cross dresser.

Bee girl is totally going to fuck you up for going near her hive. Take heed, Honey Nut Cheerios bee: Your kind ain't welcome around the daffodils anymore.
Supertoad

Postby Loverofpiggies » February 26th, 2010, 9:08 am

Supertoad wrote:The face shading on Hades is very nicely done -- he looks haggard and gaunt. Disney's Hercules Hades went WAY over the top on the eyeliner:
Whereas yours makes him look, y'know, sickly and dead. Not like a cross dresser.

Bee girl is totally going to fuck you up for going near her hive. Take heed, Honey Nut Cheerios bee: Your kind ain't welcome around the daffodils anymore.
Thinking about it, yeah they really did do that with Hades, I never thought about it before. :P

That honey nut cherrio bee aint got NOTHIN in this. She is a gansta and she gonna STING THAT MOFO. BD

Loverofpiggies

Postby tRickityHouses » February 26th, 2010, 3:16 pm

Pretty colors. Im sucker for nice colors
tRickityHouses

Postby Loverofpiggies » February 27th, 2010, 11:07 am

I dont know why but its so much fun drawing myself as a chibi. XD I also did this because I wanted a new image to change my icon to. I'm not to into having the badly drawn fairy anymore. XD

Also probably going to change my DA ID to the colored one as well.

EDIT: Actually, I should have done the lineart better. Its too thin, I like thick lineart. XD

Loverofpiggies

Postby Sonic-ock » February 28th, 2010, 3:04 pm

LoP, You're awesome and I feel ashamed for not the time out of my day to say so, as everyone should.
ImageImageImageImage
Sonic-ock

Postby Loverofpiggies » March 2nd, 2010, 9:31 pm

Sonic-ock wrote:LoP, You're awesome and I feel ashamed for not the time out of my day to say so, as everyone should.
Oh snap, this compliment just boosted my self esteem points by like, 30. CRAZY CRAZY. :D I mean, thank you very much. XD

Here I did some sketches during Math class, my interest fields are REALLY EFFIN WILD. But overall, I LOVE drawing expressions, there is nothing more fun in art then that for me, and depending on the story type, I realize, depends on the style. One of these days I need to do a comic that isnt following my more 'dark psychological horror' interests that follows my more.... wtf interests. Who knows if I explain that right, so anyway HERE~

Loverofpiggies

Postby blackmoongirl2424 » March 2nd, 2010, 9:57 pm

I love your chibis XDDD Your Hades is <3~ in a...dead...scuicidal way...XD;;;;
blackmoongirl2424

Next

Return to Creative Showcase