Kirby's Sketchopolis

Showcase your artistic works here for all to admire and critique. All forms of art are welcome.
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to allow individuals to post their artwork for admiration and critique; it is NOT for promoting your comic (see Self-Promotion). It is strictly forbidden to create a topic with the sole purpose of linking to your comic.

Re: Kirby's Sketchopolis

Postby KirbyHead » April 11th, 2011, 1:20 pm

Gibson Twist wrote:So, why is it you're not doing sequential art?

I do, actually! But much shorter stuff than most comics on SJ, and usually for school. If I can muster up the willpower needed to do it, I'll post the one-hundred page book I did for a class two years ago. (One panel a page and in black and white, but it was still kind of a bitch to do, hahaha.) And soon enough I''ll be posting the one-shot work I've done for my Sequential Art class this semester. :)

I haven't done a lot of long-term stuff yet because of a lot of random excuses, but it mostly boils down to the fact that I don't have a lot of time to keep a comic schedule, and also I am a massive procrastinator so if I did have said time, the schedule would probably be broken anyway.
KirbyHead

Postby Gibson Twist » April 11th, 2011, 1:47 pm

Shame then. You have a nice illustrative posture style, I would think it would lend really well to sequence.
Gibson Twist

Postby KirbyHead » April 12th, 2011, 6:15 pm

Wow, thank you! That means a lot to me. (And truthfully my secret ambition is to be a story artist at some animation company somewhere... I need to work a lot harder for that to have a chance of happening, though.) I've really wanted to start something for a while; I just need to plan things out and rework the plot before attempting it over the summer.
KirbyHead

Postby KirbyHead » April 19th, 2011, 3:08 am

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON

Also, actual art:
38.) Livestreamed the other day, practicing some painting stuff. This kid has appeared previously in this thread-- several times, in fact! But I'm too lazy to find and link to them all so if you go through it you can probably pick out quite a few and win a special prize but not really.
KirbyHead

Postby ApaFox » April 19th, 2011, 3:43 am

KirbyHead wrote:WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON

IT WILL NEVER LEAVE!! IT WILL NEVER LEAVE!!!

KirbyHead wrote:Also, actual art:

Awesome chips dipped in awesome-sauce.
The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby AlkseeyaKC » April 19th, 2011, 9:55 am

OMG a Poptart cat. thats too funny! XD

The guy is cute! I like his hair. X3
AlkseeyaKC

Postby KirbyHead » April 22nd, 2011, 9:20 am

@ApaFox: Thanks! Also, IT NEVER LEFT. And I got my friends into it, too. That picture is now my Facebook profile pic, hahaha.

@AlkseeyaKC: Thank you! I like his hair, too. ;D One of my favorite parts of him to draw.

39.) What's this, more fanart? I started to draw the Kids from Homestuck, and then suddenly school uniforms came out of nowhere. Here's Dave, John I'm currently inking, and the girls will be soon to follow.
KirbyHead

Postby KirbyHead » April 27th, 2011, 10:03 pm

40.) So I decided to start drawing busts of characters to get rid of my Only Six Faces problem. Here's the first one, and then a second which was a request from a friend on Tumblr.
KirbyHead

Postby Sonic-ock » April 27th, 2011, 10:17 pm

KirbyHead wrote:
Spoiler! :
40.) So I decided to start drawing busts of characters to get rid of my Only Six Faces problem. Here's the first one, and then a second which was a request from a friend on Tumblr.

Now draw a bust with exposed busts.
ImageImageImageImage
Sonic-ock

Postby AlkseeyaKC » April 28th, 2011, 8:48 am

you are so good at drawing faces. I love the Bust Guy hair. XD
AlkseeyaKC

Postby KirbyHead » April 28th, 2011, 5:19 pm

@Sonic-ock: LOL! But that's actually a good idea. I don't draw women nearly as much as I should. Although perhaps this next one might count as an exposed bust...
@AlkseeyaKC: Thanks a lot! His hair is my favorite part, too. :D I feel like I could do a lot better with variety, though, which is why I'm undertaking this project thing.

I'm Livestreaming the next one (Rose Lalonde from Homestuck) now. :)

41.) Here's another one (another request of someone's character on Tumblr), which I don't like nearly as much as the last one. It's too similar in in facial structure to the first bust, and in general I just kind of was not good with it. :[ But I like the hair, I guess.
KirbyHead

Postby Veggie » April 28th, 2011, 6:05 pm

I like your art style :O its just so.. i unno i just like it lol.. sorrie for fail reply :P
Veggie

Postby KirbyHead » April 28th, 2011, 11:01 pm

LOL, thanks Veggie! You don't have to apologize!

42.) Livestreamed this Rose. Thanks to eishiya for all of the tips! <3 I think her eyes are the same shape now, but is she looking in the right direction? IDK I CAN'T TELL. Looking at it too long, I guess?

Also, this post number obviously means that Rose Lalonde is the meaning of life.
KirbyHead

Postby eishiya » April 28th, 2011, 11:10 pm

Looks good! I'm sad I didn't get to see the rest of the stream.
I always imagined Rose being on the chubby side myself ;D
eishiya

Postby KirbyHead » April 28th, 2011, 11:35 pm

Thanks! :D And it's all good! I kept disconnecting anyway thanks to bad internet, so I ended the stream a little bit later and got it done fairly quickly afterward. (LOL, it takes me longer in a stream but I just love to chat away, haha. It's too much fun.)

And, yeah, Rose probably still has some baby fat: she is thirteen, after all! I like seeing all of the different interpretations of her and the other kids in fanart.
KirbyHead

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Showcase