Kirby's Sketchopolis

Showcase your artistic works here for all to admire and critique. All forms of art are welcome.
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to allow individuals to post their artwork for admiration and critique; it is NOT for promoting your comic (see Self-Promotion). It is strictly forbidden to create a topic with the sole purpose of linking to your comic.

Re: Kirby's Sketchopolis

Postby KirbyHead » May 31st, 2011, 5:24 pm

Aww, Reigan! <3 I don't think I'm very deserving of any fan girls just yet. But the moment I am, I will ring you up and hold you to that offer!

And drawing the fanart is just too much fun. I haven't done much of the trolls, yet; I suppose I should get to them, too.
KirbyHead

Postby AlkseeyaKC » June 1st, 2011, 2:34 pm

I love your coloring job. O w O

I love the poses!
AlkseeyaKC

Postby KirbyHead » June 2nd, 2011, 5:09 am

Thank you, AlkseeyaKC! I think I'm getting better at posing: I don't need a mirror very much any more. Still need to go study anatomy and do some life drawings, though. Especially important for my portfolio. :>

49.) I'm almost to 100 followers on Tumblr, so as a sort of commemoration (only time I've hit a benchmark like this) I started drawing this picture. Homestuck spoilers through Act 5 Part II abound in this explanation:
Spoiler! :
It's Karkat gearing up to go against shithive!Gamzee. Or at least posing like a badass, I guess.

Closer up. Working big is a double-edged sword: lots of room to do detail work, but it's almost negated when you have to resize the picture for easier viewing. Karkat just refused to work for me for the longest time. I like his face now (his mouth still bothers me a little), but it took a while to get there. I'm experimenting with better lighting this time, as opposed to my usual "whatever, whatever, I'll shade where I want" approach. And a slightly more dynamic picture composition, but not all of that is seen because I haven't quite gotten there yet. Also, changed my avatar to this picture because I've had the other one for a while.
KirbyHead

Postby KirbyHead » June 3rd, 2011, 8:53 am

Updatinggg. Spoilers below.

Karkat's pretty much done, just need to do his sickles. Gamzee is giving me trouble, so I need to study some lighting examples for that one. (If anyone comes across a similar bottom-lit picture, feel free to shoot it my way!) Also, his arm is too long: making a note to fix that now.
KirbyHead

Postby AlkseeyaKC » June 3rd, 2011, 9:56 am

Your picture is looking freaking awesome! O 3 O
I love the big crazy face. =3
AlkseeyaKC

Postby Sonic-ock » June 5th, 2011, 9:22 pm

KirbyHead wrote:I don't think I'm very deserving of any fan girls just yet. But the moment I am, I will ring you up and hold you to that offer!

I don't think that's your decision to make, SQUEEEEEE <3 ^.^
ImageImageImageImage
Sonic-ock

Postby Guest » June 8th, 2011, 9:51 pm

Sexy. I like your painterly style so hard. *__*
Gamzee's so scary lolsob

Postby KirbyHead » June 12th, 2011, 2:39 am

AlkseeyaKC wrote:Your picture is looking freaking awesome! O 3 O
I love the big crazy face. =3

Thank youuuu! The big scary face kept giving me problems, augh. XD

Sonic-ock wrote:
KirbyHead wrote:I don't think I'm very deserving of any fan girls just yet. But the moment I am, I will ring you up and hold you to that offer!

I don't think that's your decision to make, SQUEEEEEE <3 ^.^

I read that post with a scary-sinister tint to the tone. Suddenly I'm looking over my shoulder, feeling rather paranoid.

Erdgeist wrote:Sexy. I like your painterly style so hard. *__*
Gamzee's so scary lolsob

Thanks! Still working on improving it, little by little. Also, Gamzee is going to eat you.

Finished the picture. Less like "finished" and more like "I was tired of working on it". If any of you wanted to follow my Tumblr, the link is listed on the picture because I'm too lazy to save a version without the tiny watermark.
KirbyHead

Postby KirbyHead » November 23rd, 2011, 1:35 am

Wow, I haven't updated in a while. School has seriously been killing me. My ability to draw kind of died for a few months. Still not quite sure if it's resurrected itself yet. Anyway, here's a dump from me trying to draw since July:

50.) I was really into Teen Wolf during the summer. (Don't ask.) I tried my hand at a group picture but I kind of gave up.

51.) Some character designs for an animation I want to work on. Eventually.

52.) I really got into the Clone Wars earlier this year. Obi-Wan is my favorite Jedi (I know, ugh, I'm so mainstream), so naturally I had to draw him a lot.

53.) More Clone Wars fanart that was never finished.

54.) I asked for suggestions because art block, and someone told me to draw a hot babe. I started but with Starfire but I guess it was just meant to be Blackfire. And so it was.

55.) What I'm working on now. I started rewatching this series from the second season last week, and remembered how much I loved it. I feel like it sort of peaked at the end of the fifth season, but I haven't watched enough of the sixth or seventh to make that judgement, I guess. Ten internet points if you can actually recognize my terrible rendition of the characters.
Last edited by KirbyHead on November 23rd, 2011, 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
KirbyHead

Postby AlkseeyaKC » November 23rd, 2011, 1:51 am

YAY Art dumps! =D Looking at them all I just love how you shade and pose people in such a fun way. =3
AlkseeyaKC

Postby KirbyHead » December 25th, 2011, 3:10 pm

Thanks AlkseeyaKC! Posing is just fun. It gives me excuse to stand around in front of my mirror and look silly. :D

56.) Just some animation tests. Same character with the glasses 51. I don't actually know how to animate, so I'm just winging it right now, haha. Also, Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it!
KirbyHead

Postby KirbyHead » January 18th, 2012, 6:37 pm

57.) Sherlock fan art. The Reichenbach Fall was awesome. I can never really finish pieces past painting the bust.

58.) Color key stuff. I don't actually know how to do a color key, though, but these were just tests for scenes in that imaginary animation that I'm always thinking about.Image

59.) There's a 31 Day Challenge going on over on /co/, and Day 6 was to draw a superhero aged up or down.

60.) Tintin fan art which I will finish eventually. Someday.
KirbyHead

Postby Guest » January 19th, 2012, 1:51 pm

Ohman
Excuse me as I fall hopelessly in love all over again with the way you draw and colour--

Postby AlkseeyaKC » January 19th, 2012, 9:48 pm

The first one amazes me! I love it! O 3 O

I like how you draw its so awesome all the time. XD
AlkseeyaKC

Postby Sonic-ock » January 19th, 2012, 11:11 pm

Kirb, Kirbster, Kirbomonopia! You're awesome.
ImageImageImageImage
Sonic-ock

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Showcase