Kirby's Sketchopolis

Showcase your artistic works here for all to admire and critique. All forms of art are welcome.
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to allow individuals to post their artwork for admiration and critique; it is NOT for promoting your comic (see Self-Promotion). It is strictly forbidden to create a topic with the sole purpose of linking to your comic.

Re: Kirby's Sketchopolis

Postby Yolin » January 21st, 2012, 3:55 am

The pooosssess *__* love how dynamic they look and it's neat to see your work proces :D Keep up the good work!
Yolin

Postby KirbyHead » January 30th, 2012, 11:25 pm

You guys are too cool for school. Thank you so much! :D

61.) Here's some quick character studies. I wanted to base characters off of shapes instead of sticking to the default build that I draw. I also wanted to experiment with different face shapes and body types. The girl isn't as cartoony as I'd hoped she'd turn out, but she was fun to draw nonetheless.
KirbyHead

Re: Kirby's Sketchopolis [FEB]

Postby KirbyHead » February 1st, 2012, 9:59 pm

February Challenge Time! [FEB] colors are in green because February seems like a green month. Right? Right.

62.) Testing out a style for a potential comic. This is one of the kids from 51. I'm going to try to draw them a million different times so that they look more consistent. 10:00 PM.
KirbyHead

Postby AlkseeyaKC » February 2nd, 2012, 9:01 am

I like him he looks cute! x3
AlkseeyaKC

Postby KirbyHead » February 2nd, 2012, 11:53 pm

Thanks AlkseeyaKC! :D

63.) Really quick anatomically-incorrect sketch because I wanted to get something in before midnight. Spent all day watching Avatar with friends, haha. 11:55 PM.
KirbyHead

Postby AlkseeyaKC » February 3rd, 2012, 9:02 am

I love her expression. X3
AlkseeyaKC

Postby KirbyHead » February 4th, 2012, 11:01 pm

64.) I actually drew this yesterday but didn't get to post it because I went to a senior year party at Dave and Busters! It was fun, but I got back after midnight I hope it still counts if I didn't get to post it the same day it was drawn. Anyway, it's part of a storyboard for a game project that I'm working on with three other people for school.

65.) Quick coloring sketch today. He's an old character that I haven't drawn in a while.
KirbyHead

Postby AlkseeyaKC » February 5th, 2012, 12:13 am

I love how you color. It looks so good! *studies it*
AlkseeyaKC

Postby KirbyHead » March 21st, 2012, 5:31 pm

Totally failed at that February Challenge, haha. Too much stuff to do at school, I guess. Here's some sketches I completed during February and up to this date that I was too lazy to post.

65.) Glenn form the Walking Dead, which I was really into for about two weeks. The second season was kind of lagging, though, so I've waited for it to end before getting back to it. I'd been hoping the characters are acting less dumb than they were when I stopped watching, but according to some of the reactions I've seen from fans, that was just wishful thinking.

66.) Some kid for an animation idea.

67.) Sketches of a character for a possible webcomic idea. I think I've gotten slightly more consistent in character designs. Less consistent in finishing things, though.
KirbyHead

Postby AlkseeyaKC » March 21st, 2012, 8:57 pm

I love the last character there! he looks awesome! O 3 O
AlkseeyaKC

Postby Guest » June 5th, 2012, 11:26 pm

Ohman, I'm still really liking your stuff, as usual!
I don't think I've ever said this, but man, do I ever like the way you do noses and mouths!

Postby KirbyHead » June 11th, 2012, 3:02 am

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I graduated from college! Now I'm back home and looking for a job. Had to mail all my stuff back and whatnot, as well as finish up one more class at a school here during the summer.

Erdgeist wrote:Ohman, I'm still really liking your stuff, as usual!
I don't think I've ever said this, but man, do I ever like the way you do noses and mouths!

Thanks a lot! Noses are actually my favorite part of the face to color. Trying to get better at mouths, though: I always have problems with making the form the correct expressions.

AlkseeyaKC wrote:I love the last character there! he looks awesome! O 3 O

Yay, thanks! I'm always flip-flopping between which comic that I want to try to start. Gets to the point where I haven't started one at all. Alas.

66.) Here are a bunch of sketches that have yet to be finished.

I watched the Avengers, and it was awesome. So I saw it again. And again. And again. Still not the most times I've seen a movie in theaters, though!

And in that vein, I wanted to try some anatomy practice, so here's a skull and Robert Downey Jr.!

And here are some characters from another webcomic idea. I think they've shown up earlier, probably.

67.) Here's a speedpaint of Nicki Minaj, because I unabashedly love Superbass.

68.) Here's some test game art for a personal game project.
KirbyHead

Postby KirbyHead » July 8th, 2012, 9:24 pm

69. (Heh.) Finally finished something for the first time in a while. I've been watching Motorcity and Gravity Falls and wow, Disney's really stepping it up in the animation department. I heard from someone on /co/ that it's because Pixar's started to take over some of the development, but I'm not too sure about the truth of that. Anyway, Gravity Falls is freakin' adorable. And it's so nice to have some siblings on TV who aren't antagonistic toward each other, for once. You guys should check it out if you like family-oriented cartoons.

KirbyHead

Postby KirbyHead » July 10th, 2012, 9:24 am

70.) Like I said, Ive been watching Motorcity, so I decided to do some fanart. The first one I was working on wasn't working out, so I figured I'd start over again and probably do cel-shading instead of painting because of reasons. So here's the first attempt:

And here's the sketch for the current one:
KirbyHead

Postby KirbyHead » November 19th, 2012, 6:18 am

Well, it's certainly been a while, hasn't it? I have more stuff, but I think I'll post that tomorrow. Or, rather, later today. It's late/early!

71.) Obligatory Legend of the... er, Rise of the Guardians fanart wip. Haven't blended yet. Santa's fur is going to kill me.
Some progress:
KirbyHead

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Showcase