Seven Rain Drawin' Thangs! (2016 EDITION!)

Showcase your artistic works here for all to admire and critique. All forms of art are welcome.
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to allow individuals to post their artwork for admiration and critique; it is NOT for promoting your comic (see Self-Promotion). It is strictly forbidden to create a topic with the sole purpose of linking to your comic.

Re: SR's Weeabootorium

Postby melaredblu » November 29th, 2012, 2:00 am

Funnily enough it was Lackadaisy Cats that set me on the path of being increasingly annoyed by that habit of mine, driving me to change it, haha.

Huh, that's why I stopped doing that too. That expressions tutorial was a major turning point that made me try to actually develop an art style instead of just aping anime.
Spoiler! :
You just couldn't help yourself, could you?
melaredblu

Re: SR's Weeabootorium: Needs more Booty Butt Cheeks edition.

Postby Seven Rain » November 29th, 2012, 8:32 am

There are still some things from it I want to take better note of in the future, but yeah. That's exactly the page I'm talking about, haha.

*EDIT*
Okay, new stuff this time. Starting with something I've wanted to revisit every since the February Challenge;
Took me a better part of the day, but I like how it turned out.
*EDIT*
Here's a dialogue version for shits and giggles.

This one was the result of me buckling down and doing a non-WOE-related character for once. Although knowing me I'll end up trying to use her in something, and there's no doubt I'll be pairing her up with a shota, comic appearance or not.
I also tried to draw it to Booty Butt Cheeks but couldn't concentrate because I was laughing too hard.
Spoiler! :
*EDIT*
Changed her skin tone a bit. I feel having her tone be a bit paler makes for a nicer contrast with the red hair.

Aaand, one I was reluctant to upload, because it's a spoiler-ific Ancient pic. Meaning anyone wanting to be surprised by all of Ancient's stuff better resist the temptation to check it out.
I decided it couldn't hurt to upload it, I mainly did it as a bit of perspective practice, but I might end up using it in-comic depending on how soon I get to it, but the way things are going now the L-7071 Crisis probably won't pick back up until WOE's 5th b-day.
Spoiler! :
Last edited by Seven Rain on December 5th, 2012, 3:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
Seven Rain

SR's Weeabootorium: Needs more Booty Butt Cheeks edition.

Postby Seven Rain » November 29th, 2012, 10:31 pm

So umm... Hanging out with friends. Listening to Booty Butt Cheeks. Laughing. Decided to draw something dumb. This happened;
Watch it while listening to this;

I win.

Everything.

I also forgot how to edit my thread title for a bit there. I'm tired.
Seven Rain

Re: SR's Weeabootorium: Needs more Booty Butt Cheeks edition

Postby Seven Rain » December 1st, 2012, 3:29 pm

More stuff because I've been in a surprisingly big drawing mood lately!

Alright, that gal from earlier now has a boy toy and they both have names. Say hello to Lumm and Melty;

I wanted to go for a bit of a 90's Pop rock/post-grunge look with Lumm. Like the kind of boy who'd listen to Goo Goo Dolls and stuff.

In fact it makes me want to create some pseudo-1990's world to insert these two in, haha. I almost feel like I could do it with Time Land. I've sort of cultivated that into some over-the-top world of frozen time and mixing eras to the point where it could become a dumping ground for stuff I want to do for fun but can't fit anywhere else.

Yet at the same time I enjoy the Earth I've crafted for Project Guardian so much I'm tempted to have a 90's reversion in the future Earth, but I want to keep these two at frozen ages... Maybe I could make a whole cast of immortals who just happen to be inconsequential to the grand scheme stuff going on in Project Guardian. Just go for a slice of life thing if I could keep such a comic interesting.
Spoiler! :
Does this sound weird? Well that's normal. I'm semi-referencing a lot of stuff regarding the Universe that hasn't been touched on yet.

The short version is immortality is going to be fairly common place in the EthereaVerse due to the rules I have set up. To the point where small communities/circles of immortals is plausible on future Earth.
I can elaborate more if anyone wants me to, otherwise I'll leave the immortality thing alone until later.

And yeah. I wanted to make Melty more on the... Voluptuous side. Definitely my favorite kind of gal to pair up with a shota. (NSFW because boobs.)
Spoiler! :
*EDIT*
Edited to swap it with the fixed legs version.
*EDIT*
And again for other tweaks. I'm sorry, I know I should leave the old version be so people can see improvements and whatnot but it's like nails on a chalkboard to me not to replace it. Might be some OCD thing...

I've been trying to get some general anatomy practice going on with her. This might be my first serious attempt at drawing exposed breasts.

In other news, I was feeling bored and decided to pay tribute to one of my fave memes by making an Etherean version.
(I'm sure everyone here is cool enough to not be offended by something this silly, but uhh... Yeah, disclaimer: DON'T TAKE IT SERIOUSLY IT'S A JOKE.)
Spoiler! :

Oh also Needles got a redesign;
His old hairdo was all over the place due to being a failed attempt at a mohawk, and when going back to it recently I figured "Gee, I've improved a lot, so maybe now I can make a mohawk that looks like a mohawk!"
... Buuut no matter what I did it just looks too awkward on an Etherean. So I went with something new, while still trying to give him a bit of a "punk" look.
Last edited by Seven Rain on December 5th, 2012, 4:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
Seven Rain

Postby Sonic-ock » December 1st, 2012, 3:36 pm

Booty butt CHEEKS!
ImageImageImageImage
Sonic-ock

Postby Vitotamito » December 1st, 2012, 3:45 pm

Seven Rain wrote:And yeah. I wanted to make Melty more on the... Voluptuous side. Definitely my favorite kind of gal to pair up with a shota. (NSFW because boobs.)
Spoiler! :

I've been trying to get some general anatomy practice going on with her. This might be my first serious attempt at drawing exposed breasts.

BOOBS! Boobies! Boobie boobie boobs!
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Postby Seven Rain » December 1st, 2012, 5:28 pm

<3 you guys.
Seven Rain

Postby ApaFox » December 1st, 2012, 5:44 pm

Seven Rain wrote:I've been trying to get some general anatomy practice going on with her. This might be my first serious attempt at drawing exposed breasts.

I gotta say, not bad. Legs seem a lil long ta me, but dat figure.

Datass.png

I donno if I could get myself to make some cheesecake.
Might be worth a try though.
The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby Seven Rain » December 1st, 2012, 5:59 pm

ApaFox wrote:Legs seem a lil long ta me,

Yeah, now that you mention it they kind of are. Nothing a quick tweak can't fix, though.
Spoiler! :
Seven Rain

Postby marchen de lune » December 1st, 2012, 7:54 pm

Your art has definitely improved. o3o Keep it up!
yo
marchen de lune

Postby ApaFox » December 1st, 2012, 8:48 pm

Seven Rain wrote:
ApaFox wrote:Legs seem a lil long ta me,

Yeah, now that you mention it they kind of are. Nothing a quick tweak can't fix, though.
Spoiler! :

Seven Rain wrote:In fact it makes me want to create some pseudo-1990's world to insert these two in, haha. I almost feel like I could do it with Time Land. I've sort of cultivated that into some over-the-top world of frozen time and mixing eras to the point where it could become a dumping ground for stuff I want to do for fun but can't fit anywhere else.

Ah, the "Fallout" method of world building.
The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby Seven Rain » December 1st, 2012, 8:54 pm

marchen de lune wrote:Your art has definitely improved. o3o Keep it up!

Why thank ya, and will do. ;D

ApaFox wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:In fact it makes me want to create some pseudo-1990's world to insert these two in, haha. I almost feel like I could do it with Time Land. I've sort of cultivated that into some over-the-top world of frozen time and mixing eras to the point where it could become a dumping ground for stuff I want to do for fun but can't fit anywhere else.

Ah, the "Fallout" method of world building.

Preeetty much.
And seeing as how Project Guardian is largely a DBZ/90's love letter anyway I think it'd be pretty fitting for that era to be the second coming of the 90's, haha.
Seven Rain

Postby SpiralPen » December 1st, 2012, 9:39 pm

I'm gonna have to ask for a moment to go back, fully absorb everything posted when I have a little more time, then return and post about it all.
Thank you!
Jesus Christ wrote:Knuckles, I gave My life for you and I love you. Blessed are you, My child, because you have confessed of your wrongdoing. Go and sin no more.
SpiralPen

Postby Seven Rain » December 1st, 2012, 10:38 pm

SpiralPen wrote:I'm gonna have to ask for a moment to go back, fully absorb everything posted when I have a little more time, then return and post about it all.
Thank you!

I'll await patiently, haha.
Seven Rain

Re: SR's Weeabootorium: Needs more Booty Butt Cheeks edition.

Postby SpiralPen » December 2nd, 2012, 4:06 am

Seven Rain wrote:Image
Spoiler! :
[spoiler]Image

Let me say that I love Ixal's expression in the crossover picture, as I usually do. He's got the perfect smug villain or antihero expression at all times. I do love that you opted for a Toriyama-esque background as well, but if I may impart some criticism, I think it's somewhat jagged! D:
I get that it's just for fun, but the round, rolling, smooth and flowing style of Toriyama's landscapes is also so charming to me. It'd be cool to see you do your take on it!

Seven Rain wrote:Image

I don't even know what to say. It's beautiful.... Thugnificent, almost.

I'm also not going to include any pictures of Melty or Lumm because I need the space to accurately describe how much I love their designs. While I'm not the biggest proponent of shota myself, I think Lumm has a cute design and Melty. MELTY. DANG GURL. DAT NAME. You have a penchant for really good names and this is no exception.

She's a honey. Lumm's a lucky dog.

They seem like interesting side characters, actually. I think it's always fun to flesh out one-time faces and supporting cast in my larger stories. It can be kind of overwhelming, but it's fun and simple world-building.

Speaking of which, I'm down for hearing more about the Project Guardian-verse.

ALSO! I challenge you to draw Melty in full nude! You've taken the first step into nude practice and the waters are welcoming and rewarding! Once you've become comfortable drawing naked figures, it helps the rest of anatomy fall into place very well, in my experience!

Awesome to see so many updates, bro, keep those creative muscles SWOLE AS SHIT.
Jesus Christ wrote:Knuckles, I gave My life for you and I love you. Blessed are you, My child, because you have confessed of your wrongdoing. Go and sin no more.
SpiralPen

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Showcase