Seven Rain Drawin' Thangs! (2016 EDITION!)

Showcase your artistic works here for all to admire and critique. All forms of art are welcome.
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to allow individuals to post their artwork for admiration and critique; it is NOT for promoting your comic (see Self-Promotion). It is strictly forbidden to create a topic with the sole purpose of linking to your comic.

Re: SR's Weeabootorium: "Learning to Walk Again" Edition

Postby Seven Rain » February 1st, 2013, 12:20 pm

ApaFox wrote:Interesting. So, you've been planning a facelift I see.

You mean the new site? Nah, it's not a facelift, it'll be it's own individual comic. It's basically going to serve as a central site for people to fave if they're interested in keeping up with ALL of the EthereaVerse comics I have planned. WOE's site will remain where and what it is.
Seven Rain

Re: SR's Weeabootorium: "Under Construction" Edition

Postby Seven Rain » February 5th, 2013, 10:53 am

Bah, if only I could take up the Feb Challenge again this year... Next year I'll hopefully be able to try again, though.
Anyways, since I finished a nice chunk of remake pages recently I decided it'd be okay to go back and finish these Godzilla characterizations I started doing for no reason, as well as upload 'em.

I don't know if I misheard it, if it was a translation error, or if Godzilla was really meant to be a female in Final Wars, but I still remember hearing Gordon refer to Big G as "she" at more than one point and finding the idea of Godzilla being an ass-kicking mother to be interesting.
Although now that I've grown into this affinity for equal badassery between genders, I don't just find the idea interesting, I find it awesome, and just couldn't help but draw Big G as such, along with "her" son Minya;
Spoiler! :
Yeah. I know. I drew a Godzilla MILF. It was a real stop-and-realize-what-I'm-doing-in-life moment.

Naturally, I couldn't let it stop there, so I did Rodan next;

This is addicting for some reason, but I'm gonna wait until getting more pages done to do more.
Spoiler! :
MAYBE I CAN TAKE REQUESTS IF THERE ARE ANY RESIDENT KAIJU FANS.

Spoiler! :
Gamera is inevitable, though.
Seven Rain

Postby ApaFox » February 5th, 2013, 1:23 pm

Seven Rain wrote:
Spoiler! :
Yeah. I know. I drew a Godzilla MILF. It was a real stop-and-realize-what-I'm-doing-in-life moment.

It's a Mass Effect reference. I've been playing it again.

Curse you, Rain. What are you turning me into!

I don't watch as much Godzilla as much as I used to, saw some bits of the last one.
The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby Seven Rain » February 5th, 2013, 1:42 pm

ApaFox wrote:
Spoiler! :

It's a Mass Effect reference. I've been playing it again.

Haha, had to go to the link directly since FJ doesn't allow hotlinking but I got the joke just fine.

ApaFox wrote:I don't watch as much Godzilla as much as I used to, saw some bits of the last one.

Duuude, you gotta at least watch Final Wars. It's so... Just, like... I'm just gonna quote some gushing;
Seven Rain wrote:IT HAD TONS OF MOSNTERS AND AWESOME MONSTER FIGHTS AND AWESOME HUMAN FIGHTS AND AWESOME MUSIC AND DON FRYE AND THOSE CRAZY GIGANS AND MONSTER X AND AMERICAN CG ZILLA GOT HIS ASS KICKED AND HOW IS THIS NOT MORE LOVED!?

Seriously. Awesome Gamera levels of over-the-top action in the monster fights with crazy over-the-top human fights choreographed by the dude from Death Trance and Versus.
AND THIS PROFESSIONAL MUHFUGGUH;
Greatest.
Human character.
In a Godzilla movie.
Ever.
Played by Don Frye, AKA: The most interesting man in the world AKA: My hero AKA: Real life Mike Haggar.

Just... Lemme, like... Give you some homework. Head over to Crackle.
They've got Final Wars and most of the Heisei films, free to watch other than some random but bearable advertisement breaks.
DO IT. WATCH FINAL WARS. NOT JUST FOR ME BUT FOR ALL OF JAPAN. WE NEED YOU, APAAA. No pressure.
Seven Rain

Postby ApaFox » February 5th, 2013, 10:09 pm

Seven Rain wrote:DO IT. WATCH FINAL WARS. NOT JUST FOR ME BUT FOR ALL OF JAPAN. WE NEED YOU, APAAA. No pressure.

A whole country is depending on me to watch a movie?!

Maybe, I don't watch a lotta movies to be honest. I'll think about it.
The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Re: SR's Weeabootorium: "GOJIRAAAAA!" Edition

Postby SpiralPen » February 20th, 2013, 1:04 pm

RAAAAAINNNNN!! I emerge from my slumber to see kickass Kaijuu gijinka!! ; 7 ;
HELL YES!
Now, since you drew Minya already, you're practically entitled to draw an older version because I'm pretty sure he gets like... radiation-grown-up in one of the movies.
Or maybe I'm just thinking of him getting killed by Destroyah ; A ;

I think I'll casually slip in the requests for my favorites~
Space Godzilla, Battra, Biolante, Gigan, Baragon, and Iris (from Gamera)
Take 'em or leave 'em, but I wanna see 'em ;D
Jesus Christ wrote:Knuckles, I gave My life for you and I love you. Blessed are you, My child, because you have confessed of your wrongdoing. Go and sin no more.
SpiralPen

Re: SR's Weeabootorium: "GOJIRAAAAA!" Edition

Postby Seven Rain » February 20th, 2013, 4:03 pm

SpiralPen wrote:RAAAAAINNNNN!! I emerge from my slumber to see kickass Kaijuu gijinka!! ; 7 ;
HELL YES!
Now, since you drew Minya already, you're practically entitled to draw an older version because I'm pretty sure he gets like... radiation-grown-up in one of the movies.
Or maybe I'm just thinking of him getting killed by Destroyah ; A ;

I think I'll casually slip in the requests for my favorites~
Space Godzilla, Battra, Biolante, Gigan, Baragon, and Iris (from Gamera)
Take 'em or leave 'em, but I wanna see 'em ;D

Ahahaha, it'll be a while before I get to more, (been neglecting remake pages for too long,) but I'll definitely keep those in mind when I'm ready to do more.
Spoiler! :
And welcome baaaaack, I was just wondering the past couple days when you'd be back. ; u ;
Seven Rain

Re: SR's Weeabootorium: Sazabi-ing some Sazabi

Postby Seven Rain » March 12th, 2013, 9:41 am

Okay, haven't gotten to anymore Kaiju caricatures yet, but I have a couple things to share. I've gotten back to work on pages, albeit slowly, but still found spare time to whip this up. I guess this could be considered a late V-Day pic;
Spoiler! :
Those bedtime shirts are gonna be canon.

And then there's this, something I wouldn't usually do, but I've been groovin' on all of SDGO's March Events, one of which is called "Art Box" and involves drawing something Gundam-related and posting it on their forums for some in-game currency. So I went ahead and drew up the custom Sazabi I often pilot in the game;
Seven Rain

Re: SR's Weeabootorium: "I should learn how to Tumblr" Edition

Postby Seven Rain » April 7th, 2013, 6:10 pm

Okaaay, still dragging my feet in the remaking, and as much as it shames me to say it I can't guarantee getting it done before WOE's 5th Anniversary, but if it isn't done by then I'll be sure to put remaking on hold for some more L-7071 pages.

And I tried to avoid doing more of this but since some fans tend to enjoy the comparisons here are a few more shots of the remake pages;
Spoiler! :

Actually more like previews than comparisons.
Despite how long it's taking and how much better some shots are, I hope people don't set their expectations super high for all of it... Not that I dislike how it's turning out, but with how long it's taking it'd be a shame for fans to be disappointed with the outcome... Hope I'm just being paranoid.

Anywho here's a random pic of Lumm and Melty I threw together;
A little wonky and background-less but I love drawing these two. My guilt over drawing non-WOE stuff keeps me from doing so more often but I really can't wait to get a chance to start a comic for them.
Spoiler! :
The only thing that really sucks is having to buckle down and draw New Gaia City for said comic, something that will make drawing the new Ethereal seem like a joke. ;___;

And here's another Kaiju!
Went with an older Minya, because drawing Godzilla and Minya before was too damn fun. I need more variety though, whenever I get back to doing these I'll try something different.

And then there's this... Not much of a serious pic and more of something I doodled for fun to mess with my LightxHope-criticizing buddies, I even shamelessly re-used the heads from my last LightxHope pic, but whatevs, I still feel it's worth tossing into the thread;

*Sips drink*
*Leaves thread*
Seven Rain

Re: SR's Weeabootorium: "I should learn how to Tumblr" Edition

Postby Seven Rain » May 13th, 2013, 3:20 am

Haven't posted here in a while, so what the hell. Might as well show a new Lumm and Melty character I've been drawing here and there.
Introducing Candy Kiss, an immortal fellow whom dances at a club known as Curvy Sweets, (that's right, Candy Kiss and Curvy Sweets. Come at me.) and the EthereaVerse's premier playboy;
I'm hoping he'll make for some humorous stuff but I won't lie; Funny or not he's basically the epitome of all Etherean fanservice, haha. He's fun to draw, and so are his "regular" immortal gals;
These four are among the girls that shack up with Candy and never really stop hanging around him. From left to right we have;
Alina, (she's a fun one to draw and write. A woman with past MMA experience and Candy's de-facto bodyguard,) Melty's younger cousin Mixie, in the middle is Candy himself in his casual attire, the plump girl to his right is Pumka and the Etherean girl on the far right is Xerene.

Unlike the other fanservice-y males I've drawn, while still a bit of a trap Candy's not a shota. His physical age, (while still young-looking, as he's still Etherean,) is 24, while his true age is 26. I'm hoping it'll be a bit more okay to show him in scrum-diddly-umptous R34 stuff, but I can always take pics out and censor them if the mods don't think it's okay. Regardless, the first one I plan on posting is softcore anyway (Warning: Still NSFW, and contains cheesy ahegao;)
Spoiler! :

... Yep. This is what I do with my spare time. I'm sorry/you're welcome.

And if you want something less fanservice/pervy, here's some more stuff that'll be appearing on the new project of mine;
These are shots for Planet Earth, and another world that any of my fans should be somewhat familiar with by now~
Spoiler! :
You might also notice some varying shape and extra islands/regions on Earth, there's a reason for that.

Even if I can't finish WOE remaking before the 5th Anniversary, I'm at least looking forward to revealing this site. It's still got some work to do, but it should be ready to open up within the next month.
Seven Rain

Re: EthereaVerse Nonsense (Crickets Chirping Edition)

Postby Seven Rain » June 3rd, 2013, 12:37 am

Haha, between the EthereaVerse's slow start in terms of readers and this thread's inactivity aside from my posts, sharing stuff has felt a bit awkward lately but to hell with it! I've been drawing lately and I feel like sharing.
Sooo, here's some stuff from another side project. (Yeah yeah, another one, groany groan groan, I can't help myself. ;___;)

So here's a quick little run-down: After experimenting with RPG Maker VX Ace, a title in the franchise I didn't spend much time with in the past, I realized how fantastic it is and realized that unlike the older titles, VX allows for .png files to be used for the graphics!
What does this mean? It means I don't have to use built-in sprites, (which I had always been stuck with before due to my inability to make custom sprites,) and can now start using artwork of my own, right outta Flash!

I'll still use the built-in tilesets for maps as well as a bunch of the music, but for the first time in my life I'll be making an RPG with my own characters, enemies, items, etc.
Now this is going to take a long time to get anywhere. It takes a surprising amount of work just getting all the characters I have in the story so far drawn in full-shot form, then in sprite form consisting of 9 shots for the walking animations in different directions and whatnot. Drawing the many, many items will be time consuming as well.

All that said, it'll be canon to the EthereaVerse and take place on Chrona many generations after WOE. Lengthy talking about things no one will read out of the way, here's some stuff from this little project;
Not the best sprite work in the world, but I like how it's turned out. Still might do some tweaking to the head in the side view, though.

Aaand how about some characters?
Spoiler! :
First up is the first artwork for a light-hearted young man named Vanill, the central protagonist of the game;

And a fellow by the name of Malve'erta, who's role in the story will remain unknown at this point in time;

This is artwork for a creature you'll be able to ride around in the game called a "Dakka Rider," which I must say was especially fun to draw;

And then we have a few enemies;
Spoiler! :

I can already tell enemies will be some of the funnest stuff to draw, haha.

As for ambitions I'm really trying to aim for a bit of a mix between tugging nostalgic JRPG strings while stuffing the game full of extras and content like many WRPGs do so well.
Stuff like property buying and furnishing, alternate costumes, tons of extra dungeons and bosses, tasty rewards like Tokens and Cards to turn in for special gear, etc.

Again, this isn't going to happen anytime soon, my comics still take priority, but I've been drawing so much stuff lately I just had to share, even if this thread isn't visited anymore, haha.
Seven Rain

Postby SpiralPen » June 3rd, 2013, 3:06 pm

Okay well first of all, Candy Kiss.

What can really be said about the man that hasn't already been said?

I really love his little ex-MMA friend, her design is great! o u o
Great to see some more variety in your female designs, particularly the more earth-oriented ones~

AND AS FOR THE RPG HOLY HELL THAT IS AWESOME
I understand the massive undertaking with the small base of interest, I've been there, but color me thrilled! You've done an excellent job so far and even if you run into bumps along the road, your overwhelming passion for your projects always shines through somehow. I think its very apparent and it lends a lot of worth and enjoyment to your projects.
I particularly like that last enemy and the MYSTERIOUS MALVE'ERTA, hehe his face is wonderful. It reminds me of classic FF, LoZ, and Kirby.

I'll see if I can whip up any fan art of the Dakka Rider and Vanill because that picture is wonderful <3
Jesus Christ wrote:Knuckles, I gave My life for you and I love you. Blessed are you, My child, because you have confessed of your wrongdoing. Go and sin no more.
SpiralPen

Postby Seven Rain » June 3rd, 2013, 4:45 pm

You always put a smile on my face, Spiral~
Seven Rain

Postby redandblack64 » June 4th, 2013, 9:52 pm

That rpg looks very impressive. I love the visual style you have. Seriously.

And actually, you seem to have a certain passion for your work that a few of us are a bit envious of.
redandblack64

Postby Seven Rain » June 5th, 2013, 12:39 am

redandblack64 wrote:That rpg looks very impressive. I love the visual style you have. Seriously.

Well thanks, that sort of thing always means a lot to hear, especially since so much of it has looked awkward so far, being my first venture into custom content in an RPGM game. I've had to go back and rework stuff quite a bit.

redandblack64 wrote:And actually, you seem to have a certain passion for your work that a few of us are a bit envious of.

'Sat so? Well that's flattering to hear, haha. I just wish I could find the motivation to match my passion more often. Lately I've been managing to get myself drawing on a daily basis, though, so hopefully I can keep that up.

And I'll be sure to be here to share any new stuff I whip up outside of comic pages.
Seven Rain

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Showcase