Reigan's Really Radical Roadshow

Showcase your artistic works here for all to admire and critique. All forms of art are welcome.
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to allow individuals to post their artwork for admiration and critique; it is NOT for promoting your comic (see Self-Promotion). It is strictly forbidden to create a topic with the sole purpose of linking to your comic.

Reigan's Really Radical Roadshow

Postby Reigan » November 11th, 2010, 5:41 pm

These things are called a sketchbook, right? Oh well. IT IS NOW 8D

Lot of these are big, sorry about that... and most of them are pencil sketches since my inking pens are DEAD. (R.I.P)

But I hope you somewhat enjoy it anyways...! (*cough* and that you don't melt your eyeballs *cough*) critiques/suggestions are always welcome :)

COMMENCING WITH THE SPAMMMMMMMM!

Spoiler! :

Just a sketch that I molested my prismas with... then altered them using Picnik (though that isn't a texture... those are all just my mistakes that surfaced...)

Spoiler! :

I think her hand is too stuff... CURSES.

Spoiler! :

First time using a pen to do anything... ignore her right leg xD

Spoiler! :

My 29384723947th go at an art trade. BAH.

Spoiler! :

Random bird xD
Last edited by Reigan on December 18th, 2011, 3:28 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Reigan

Location: The land or fairy tales, gum drops, and all that good stuff.

Re: Reigan's sketchbook of DOOM

Postby Reigan » November 16th, 2010, 2:24 pm

Spoiler! :

Trying out something new with my eyes ^^ I swear to god I DON'T have an eyelash fetish. LIES.

Spoiler! :

My black pen ran out of ink halfway through this, and I was running around the house for what must've been at least 10 minutes looking for a new one. But the best I could find was a purple-ish one D<
Reigan

Postby Ddraigeneth » November 16th, 2010, 3:01 pm

Reigan wrote:
Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Random bird xD

Spiffy. I like those two particularly. ^
Personally, I would make the more realistic eyes a bit smaller; but if you like them, that's all that really matters.
Ddraigeneth

Postby Reigan » November 16th, 2010, 3:17 pm

Ddraigeneth wrote:
Reigan wrote:
Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Random bird xD

Spiffy. I like those two particularly. ^
Personally, I would make the more realistic eyes a bit smaller; but if you like them, that's all that really matters.

Thank you so much for the input! It makes me incredibly happy!!! (really, it's kinda creepy...) I'll try to draw my eyes smaller and see how it looks! ^^
Reigan

Postby Reigan » November 21st, 2010, 7:16 pm

More sketches & stuff~

I am proud of those boobs. Was originally drawn to see how I liked the eyes being smaller, but they're the only thing I really dislike about this sketch. Damn.

Tried something new with this, and I really like it ^^

More tomorrow!!

By the way, I'm planning on taking requests soon, for more info, go here ^^
Reigan

Postby Reigan » November 22nd, 2010, 8:40 pm

Spoiler! :

Request I got today, and finished today. You can tell it was kind of rushed, but they said it was better than they had been expecting (which I'm taking as a compliment). Found out a screwed it over, though, and I have to find a way to fix it *DRAMATIC SIGH*

I hate this, but I posting it here anyways xD

Spoiler! :

Was bored, so I drew a bunch of eyes the other day...

Gave this thread a more appealing name.
Reigan

Re: The Big Thread of Ugly Things.

Postby Reigan » November 27th, 2010, 12:30 pm

Another request, which has a lot more detail than the last one (which I kinda feel bad about when I think of the first one ^^; )

A bunch of sketches I did after watching the music video Breaking the Habit by Linkin Park, because that art style is amazing and I love it. I need to work on more dynamic poses...
Reigan

Postby ninjies » November 27th, 2010, 12:56 pm

nice stuff! looks really great, and you have a huuuge amount of potential *v* i think you're in a really good place to play and experiment with style, so be sure to keep up with that!
one thing i would suggest is to work on your anatomy. your limbs have a tendency to look not really "attached" to the body, and disproportionate to each other. also watch your facial anatomy. do you use guide lines when laying out the features? i would recommend that, just so that you can get a hang on how things are arranged on the face correctly.
if you build up your foundations, then you'll have a muuuuch easier time applying a style to your work. i'll be watching this thread ;>
ninjies

Postby Tomete » November 27th, 2010, 10:18 pm

Have I ever told you that I love your art? No? Well, I love your art. I will camp here until I run out of food.

Also, like ninjies said, you have a ridiculous amount of potential. I can't wait to see more from you.
Tomete

Postby Reigan » November 27th, 2010, 10:59 pm

Spoiler! :

Her face looked squashed, so I altered it in ps, but it feels like cheating so I'll probably post the original when I get around to it.
And I discovered my habit for covering a single eye each time I draw a face. I gotta learn how to not do that...

Spoiler! :

It was drastically tilted from the hips down, so I tried to fix it with photoshop, but I failed... it's painfully obvious... D; and I dislike her hands. Very much.

Spoiler! :

I don't know if I like this or not... I had trouble with the shape of the face, but I think I did okay... and the teeth, I don't think I did those right either, also the wrinkles by the mouth. The nose is too pointy for my liking, and I'm worried about those eyes...
Oh well, I think it's half-decent... ;D

ninjies wrote:nice stuff! looks really great, and you have a huuuge amount of potential *v* i think you're in a really good place to play and experiment with style, so be sure to keep up with that!
one thing i would suggest is to work on your anatomy. your limbs have a tendency to look not really "attached" to the body, and disproportionate to each other. also watch your facial anatomy. do you use guide lines when laying out the features? i would recommend that, just so that you can get a hang on how things are arranged on the face correctly.
if you build up your foundations, then you'll have a muuuuch easier time applying a style to your work. i'll be watching this thread ;>

Thank you so much! I've been drawing for about 1 1/2 - 2 years, so I hope you're right... :D
And no, I don't draw guidelines anymore. I used to, but they became too tedious and troublesome, so I gave up on them... but It'll try and pick them again, because I know what you're talking about ^^;

Tomete wrote:Have I ever told you that I love your art? No? Well, I love your art. I will camp here until I run out of food.

Also, like ninjies said, you have a ridiculous amount of potential. I can't wait to see more from you.

Thank you so much! You made me blush, which really looks strange since my whole body flushes red. Was that information necessary? No, but I felt the need to say it anyways.

*hands out cookies* don't starve D;

Thank you both for your comments, they make me so happy I could go through the roof from jumping for joy! They are the kindest, most informative words I've heard about my art, especially about me having potential. I never thought about it before, but it makes me really excited, and it makes me want to grab and pencil and draw untill my hand breaks... too bad I've run out of leads for my mechanical pencils. I'm going to have to get more tomorrow.

Oh yeah, the only reason I'm not posting every day, is because I don't want to spam my dA. But I did today because I felt really happy about what you guys said *melts into a puddle*
Last edited by Reigan on December 11th, 2010, 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reigan

Postby Reigan » November 29th, 2010, 3:16 pm

Just something I did just then, because I was bored.

BUT I CLEARLY NEED TO PRACTICE USING THE TABLET, AS I SUCK. Even thought I don't need it.
Reigan

Postby YakkitySax » November 29th, 2010, 8:23 pm

Hey, tablets take a little while to get used to. When you are naturally looking down at a piece of paper and drawing, it's hard to shift from that position to forward on to a computer screen. Seriously you'll do just fine. Maybe try changing your pen settings in the program you're using for better results. At least for the lines.

Also I always wanna do meme's but I forget about them. :<
I love you, spam bots.
jan83fry wrote:It's my pleasure to get an opportunity to discuss in this reputed forum. I love seeing people thrive online. It's such a great opportunity I have today.

My Sketchbook
YakkitySax

Postby Nym.Katharina » November 29th, 2010, 8:39 pm

Your drawings have sorta Tim Burtonish feel. Its really cool, and you pick colors well.
Nym.Katharina

Postby Tomete » December 1st, 2010, 8:58 pm

Tablets take time. Don't get discouraged. And draw more. I absolutely love your work and your attention to detail. You pick out things that I have trouble noticing.

(Although, perhaps that's my fault and I'm just being ignorant)
Tomete

Postby fancykosher » December 1st, 2010, 11:12 pm

Reigan wrote:
Spoiler! :

Just a sketch that I molested my prismas with... then altered them using Picnik (though that isn't a texture... those are all just my mistakes that surfaced...)

ooooooh love this one, reminds me whenever i were sewing the dolls i'm going to give this x-mas... feels murdered... but cute lolol
Pansikoser short stories! COME AND READ TO YOUR SILENT HEARTS CONTENT!
fancykosher

Next

Return to Creative Showcase