Reigan's Really Radical Roadshow

Showcase your artistic works here for all to admire and critique. All forms of art are welcome.
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to allow individuals to post their artwork for admiration and critique; it is NOT for promoting your comic (see Self-Promotion). It is strictly forbidden to create a topic with the sole purpose of linking to your comic.

Re: The Big Thread of Ugly Things + Writing

Postby Sonic-ock » December 14th, 2010, 7:50 pm

Sad mouse pad D:
ImageImageImageImage
Sonic-ock

Postby Reigan » December 16th, 2010, 8:59 pm

A fail attempt an a comic page, There was another, but YOU WILL NEVER SEE IT.
Spoiler! :

I saw an insurance commercial the other day with a cartoon dog. Shows that you can get inspiration from anywhere.
Spoiler! :

I would explain this to you, down to even what they're wearing, but I have a feeling nobody would read it, nor care xD Just know what pretty much every single little detail has a meaning.

Spoiler! :

Sonic-ock wrote:Sad mouse pad D:

Indeed. I should stop abusing it.

EDIT
If you're wondering about the dark edges. MY SCANNER IS SMALL AND IT SUCKS. /shot
Reigan

Location: The land or fairy tales, gum drops, and all that good stuff.

Postby Tomete » December 16th, 2010, 9:18 pm

Reigan wrote:I would explain this to you, down to even what they're wearing, but I have a feeling nobody would read it, nor care xD Just know what pretty much every single little detail has a meaning.

Spoiler! :

Screw you. I'd read that. Definitely. Although a description of the plot couldn't hurt.
Tomete

Postby Reigan » December 17th, 2010, 12:10 pm

Spoiler! :

I don't like her shirt, or how I coloured her face.
BUT OTHERWISE I LOVE IT TO PIECES :D

This is an OC of mine, Nina. She doesn't appear untill the third/fourth book of the one I'm currently writing now. Even though she has a short appearance, she is very vital to the story in many ways, right up untill the end, where she sacrifices herself in order to save Illia.
She's one of my favorite characters, so I'm going to bawl my eyes out when I'm writing that scene.

Speaking of my novel.
(Part 2 of) Chapter 3:

Spoiler! :
“I… I’m fine” I whispered.
No, I’m not fine. How can you think somebody who killed three people all because she forgot to look both ways before she crossed the street is okay?
“I guess we’ll have to take her back…” said the girl.
Please don’t talk like I’m not hear.
“Come on” said the boy with black hair, not seeming to like the situation any more than I did.
“But what about the people?” I asked weakly.
“They’re dead” he said as if there was nothing else to it. As if he didn’t care at all.
I gritted my teeth, trying my best to not shout at him, and dug my fingernails into the palm of my hand untill my knuckles were white.
Those people probably had lives, people who cared about them, people who will miss them. I took all that away. I can’t ever compensate for that, or for the people who lost their loved ones. So don’t tell me to “Deal with it” when I’ve done something so-
I wished I could say it. But I never had to courage. The worlds boiled in my throat, but I couldn’t let them slip through my lips.
I hated myself.
The tears I had been holding in began to fall reluctantly down my face. I held in my breath, not wanting to cry in front of these people, but I couldn’t bear it anymore. So I took a big breath, and sobbed.
My knees buckled under me, and I splashed into the cold pool of blood again, but I barely noticed.
I refuse to cry in front of these people.
I bit my lip so hard, a bland, metallic, taste filled my mouth. Then I sniffed, pushing back my hair with my bloodied hand. I could smell the blood, and I wondered how I never had before.
It was a rotten smell, one that made me think of death.

Tomete wrote:
Reigan wrote:I would explain this to you, down to even what they're wearing, but I have a feeling nobody would read it, nor care xD Just know what pretty much every single little detail has a meaning.

Spoiler! :

Screw you. I'd read that. Definitely. Although a description of the plot couldn't hurt.

*Takes a deep breath*

First girl: She is an innocent, young girl who has many dreams and goals in her life (this explains why she's turned away from the others). But then she meets an older man, and unknowingly falls in love with him (this is why her hand reaches out towards the man, and her head is also turned towards him). Since she doesn't know that the man is already with another, she averts her eyes from the two.

The guy: He also falls in love with the younger woman, but knows that he must stay with the woman he is bound to. So he unintentionally leads the young woman on (this is why he also reaches out to the young woman, but the wall is blocking his way. He is also halfway through the right side of the wall because it shows how he is bound to another). His eyes are closed because he is too ignorant to acknowledge what he is doing.

The second girl: She knows of the mans feelings for the younger woman, and tries to desperately cling to him, but fails (this is why she cannot penetrate the wall separating them). Because she is the most beautiful of the two woman, she tries to seduce him back to her by wearing more revealing clothes (this explains why she's exposing more skin than the other woman). When this doesn't work, she falls into a pit of despair, doing all she can to keep the man with her.

While the wind draws the man and the younger woman together, another tries to pull the older one away.

Confusing? Sorry ^^;

EDIT:

Played around with my earlier post a bit more on Photoshop, and I like it :D Though I think her hair is too blue for my liking... >.>

Spoiler! :
Reigan

Postby Reigan » December 20th, 2010, 8:31 pm

Spoiler! :

Another (& the last) Request :D I'm actually really pleased with it because I had no inspiration for it before, and BAM! this things pops up on my page. It's a good feeling.

(Part of) Chapter 4:
Spoiler! :
Surprisingly, we didn’t walk that far.
A girl covered in blood, being led by three suspicious-looking people. Not strange at all.
The three abruptly stopped, causing me to bump into the girl, smearing blood into her white hair.
“Sorry” I grumbled, but I didn’t receive any reply.
I turned to look at the building that we stood before, and started. It was a large concrete square, with large, rectangular windows covering every inch of it, with the exception of large double-doors in the front.
Without a word, they marched towards the building, and I had to jog to catch up, despite the cries of pain from my legs. The boy with brown hair pushed open the front doors with care, and I couldn't help but gasp.
I was now inside of a large circular room, with large, stone walls that had to be at least fifty feet high. Every few feet around the room there was a wooden door with a black doorknocker instead of a knob. Above them there were multicolored signs that were labeled things like “lavatory” or “Chambers”. Some were as tall as my foot, while others reached higher than I could see, and were as wide as three buses lined up front to back.
Oh God. What have I gotten myself into?
I followed as the trio walked up to what looked like a ticket booth that sat in the center, which was labeled with a beat-up sign that read "Information booth".
Sitting behind the Plexiglas was a frail-looking woman with frizzy long hair. Her left eye was closed, while the right one remained wide, although I wished she had kept them both shut. Her one eye didn’t have a pupil, or Iris; it was completely white. But I could still see it move around restlessly inside it’s socket, as if it was desperately looking for something. When it finally fixed on us, she flinched, as if she hadn't seen us coming.
“Blood!” She yelped, pointing at me accusingly. The sudden shout caused me to jump and cry out, which in turn she screeched so shrilly that I thought my ears would burst.
“Yes, Amelia. Blood” sighed the girl “that’s why we need to get her to the infirmary. She’s hurt”.
The woman nodded so vigorously that I was afraid that her head would fall off. She lifted a trembling finger, and I heard a door swing open, smacking harshly against the wall. I spun around, expecting to see someone behind the door, but there was nobody.

Does anyone want me to post the full chapters? Would anybody read it? I wrote this a while ago, and it's horrendous, so I have to edit it each time before I post. Lazy me is lazy, I know, but I'm still in the process of writing it.
Reigan

Postby coconutkittycat » December 23rd, 2010, 5:57 pm

This stuff is really neat...in a morbid kinda way.
coconutkittycat

Postby Reigan » December 25th, 2010, 1:39 pm

Spoiler! :

This is the closest I'll ever get to digitally colouring something, and I'm actually quiet proud of it! *A*

Spoiler! :

This is so ugly, it's almost comical D: but sadly, it's just really ugly. I think I might be getting the hang of shading...(?)

Spoiler! :

Don't you want her? Sorry, but she's too sexy for you. You're lucky you got a picture to stare at. I mean, large blue eyes, big boobs, small waist, wide hips, and long, blonde, hair. What else could you ask for in a woman?

I feel like I've been getting worse and worse quality-wise as of late D: I'm sorry if you think that's the case as well! I'll try to work on that...

coconutkittycat wrote:This stuff is really neat...in a morbid kinda way.

Haha, thanks! ^^
Reigan

Postby Tomete » December 25th, 2010, 2:56 pm

Shiiiiit. I haven't commented on here in so long. Forgive me. I've been busy. But I have seen everything you've posted, I can assure you, and it all looks marvelous.

About your Christmas picture, perhaps downsizing it would lessen your dislike of it? I've heard that downsizing a picture will make the art itself appear better. It's hard to explain right now, but if you feel like trying it, you're free to.

Reigan wrote:
Tomete wrote:

Spoiler! :

*Takes a deep breath*

First girl: She is an innocent, young girl who has many dreams and goals in her life (this explains why she's turned away from the others). But then she meets an older man, and unknowingly falls in love with him (this is why her hand reaches out towards the man, and her head is also turned towards him). Since she doesn't know that the man is already with another, she averts her eyes from the two.

The guy: He also falls in love with the younger woman, but knows that he must stay with the woman he is bound to. So he unintentionally leads the young woman on (this is why he also reaches out to the young woman, but the wall is blocking his way. He is also halfway through the right side of the wall because it shows how he is bound to another). His eyes are closed because he is too ignorant to acknowledge what he is doing.

The second girl: She knows of the mans feelings for the younger woman, and tries to desperately cling to him, but fails (this is why she cannot penetrate the wall separating them). Because she is the most beautiful of the two woman, she tries to seduce him back to her by wearing more revealing clothes (this explains why she's exposing more skin than the other woman). When this doesn't work, she falls into a pit of despair, doing all she can to keep the man with her.

While the wind draws the man and the younger woman together, another tries to pull the older one away.

Confusing? Sorry ^^;

I still stand firm in my decision that I would read that if possible. Love triangles are the one cliche that I don't hate to pieces. I'm crazy and nonsensical like that.

Reigan wrote:
Spoiler! :

Don't you want her? Sorry, but she's too sexy for you. You're lucky you got a picture to stare at. I mean, large blue eyes, big boobs, small waist, wide hips, and long, blonde, hair. What else could you ask for in a woman?

No clothes.
Tomete

Postby Reigan » December 27th, 2010, 7:29 pm

Spoiler! :

Herp a Derp. Havn't drawn a lot, so have some doodles instead |D I tried at perspective, and I think I did surprisingly well <D
OH MY GOD IS THAT A MALE?! NO IT'S TWO MALES!!!! *legasp*

Tomete wrote:Shiiiiit. I haven't commented on here in so long. Forgive me. I've been busy. But I have seen everything you've posted, I can assure you, and it all looks marvelous.

You are forgiven THIS TIME. And marvelous, you say? I love words like that :D

Tomete wrote:
Reigan wrote:
Spoiler! :

No clothes.

Touché.
Reigan

Postby Guest » December 27th, 2010, 7:37 pm

misleading name for a thread i don't see any big ugly things

Postby Reigan » December 31st, 2010, 10:01 pm

Happy 2011 guys!
This is what you expected to get for the new years, right, a Psychopath bunny-person-thing |D /shot

This screwed up on me, I'll try to fix it as soon as possible! ^^
My OC, Anita ^^
I don't like this! So many things are wrong with it TT^TT but OH WELL.

Spoiler! :

Tried to get the same effect I got from this, but failed. But I still like the end result! ^^ Except for all those ripples. Don't know where they came from...

d2k wrote:misleading name for a thread i don't see any big ugly things

Oh thank you! That means a lot, you have no idea! >.<
Last edited by Reigan on December 31st, 2010, 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reigan

Postby ButteredShark » December 31st, 2010, 10:15 pm

Reigan wrote:
Spoiler! :

This is the closest I'll ever get to digitally colouring something, and I'm actually quiet proud of it! *A*

This is so so so gorgeous, I'm in love with it *_* I hope you don't mind if I use it as my desktop picture?

And I, too, am disappointed in the lack of ugly. All I see is cute art. :<
ButteredShark

Postby Reigan » January 4th, 2011, 3:43 pm

Spoiler! :
I LEAVE YOU ALONE FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS AND YOU SCREW UP AGAIN /sobs

That thing that didn't work in my previous post, just thought I'd out it here where most people would see it ^^

Spoiler! :

One of my maybe-entries for White Noises contest. THOSE. ROSES. KILLED. ME. D:

OR

Spoiler! :

I don't know which one to submit (If I submit either at all), which one do you think?

I sooooooo fucked up that shading. Kill me now? /sobs

ButteredShark wrote:
Reigan wrote:
Spoiler! :

This is so so so gorgeous, I'm in love with it *_* I hope you don't mind if I use it as my desktop picture?

And I, too, am disappointed in the lack of ugly. All I see is cute art. :<

I would've replied earlier, but it felt wrong posting when I didn't have any... art to go along with it. But I'm honored that you'd ask! *shiney eyes* Of course you can! And think you for the compliment! But sadly, I'm nowhere near where I want to be, so untill then I shall be forever unsatisfied... (I doubt I ever will be to the point where I want to be, but whatever xD)

EDIT:
I almost forgot this!
Spoiler! :

Everybody started to do alternate outfits, and I wodner if I missed out on that memo... oh well... I might do one and stick it in there when I have the time...
Last edited by Reigan on January 4th, 2011, 10:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reigan

Postby Amante » January 4th, 2011, 3:48 pm

Between the two submissions, I would say submit the top one. The colors on the skin look a lot better on the top one. At least IMO.
Any SJ related questions? Feel free to look around, and if you can't find an answer, make a topic here and we'll get to you as fast as we can! :D

BlackBlade Rising revamp COMING SOON!
Amante

Postby Reigan » January 7th, 2011, 8:24 pm

(these are kind of big...)
Spoiler! :
ImageImage

I spent several hours on these (there's more, don't worry). I HAVE NO LIFE. You can use as stock, go here for more info.

Spoiler! :

I told myself that I wasn't going to post any more emo/depressing/sad stuff! D< But I'm trying out different ways to cry tears... still failing~ 8D

Spoiler! :

I CAN'T DRAW ORGANS |D I tried to look at a reference, but after a few minutes, I just said "SCREW THIS!" and scribbled random stuff.

Amante wrote:Between the two submissions, I would say submit the top one. The colors on the skin look a lot better on the top one. At least IMO.

Oh, thanks! Actually, glad you said it, since I think I like the first one better as well...

EDIT
Anyone know how to change the thread name? I don't like this one anymore, because it feels as if I'm begging for compliments. So if anyone could help, it'd be grate appreciated. (I'm so lame xD)
Reigan

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Showcase