Reigan's Really Radical Roadshow

Showcase your artistic works here for all to admire and critique. All forms of art are welcome.
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to allow individuals to post their artwork for admiration and critique; it is NOT for promoting your comic (see Self-Promotion). It is strictly forbidden to create a topic with the sole purpose of linking to your comic.

Re: The Big Thread of Ugly Things + Writing

Postby eishiya » January 7th, 2011, 9:00 pm

Edit the first post of the thread, you can change the title there.
eishiya

Re: Reigan's Super-tastic Adventure-filled 35.6 minutes!

Postby Reigan » January 7th, 2011, 9:08 pm

Oh, thanks! I have a feeling I knew that... a long, long, time ago, when the river-

Problem fixed!
Reigan

Location: The land or fairy tales, gum drops, and all that good stuff.

Postby Reigan » January 16th, 2011, 2:24 pm

Haven't uploaded here in a looooong time, sorry! D: I've been drawing, but too lazy to scan anything.

Spoiler! :

The black dots are paint splatters that I accidentally got on it.

Spoiler! :

No comment.

Spoiler! :

My thing for the SJ collab thing. Still picking at it though, and I DO realize that the table is screwed. Do you know how long it took for me to add those... things at the bottom of it?!
Reigan

Postby Tomete » January 16th, 2011, 4:21 pm

Reigan wrote:
Spoiler! :

No comment.

I Lol'd.

For the first picture, the arms look slightly out of proportion. I tried the pose myself, and realized that the hand clutching the arm should be slightly lower, or it wouldn't be completely horizontal like that. (Or maybe it's just my Slowpoke hormones acting up again, considering fact that I develop like a snail stuck in molasses)

For the last picture, table reference does help. Google image stuff, use any table that you have on hand, (School ones are particularly easy to draw, I find. However, that's merely me) and if you're stuck, then give it a thought process. Plan it out. Unless you're lazy like me and just don't draw the stuff and jump straight into whatever it is. (Have you seen my trees? Those aren't trees.)
Tomete

Postby Reigan » January 21st, 2011, 3:20 pm

I said I'd upload the day after the last update... BUT ALAS, I (unintentionally) LIED D:

So to make up for it, here's a bunch of crap that's been building up for the past couple of weeks xD
(These are huge, by the way, so BE WARNED)

Spoiler! :

I rarely do fan art, so huzzah for Nabari no Ou! This is Yoite! /sobs

Spoiler! :

More Nabari no Ou fanart!Raimei this time :3

Spoiler! :

A new idea I have... might make it into a comic? I have no idea, but I really like it C: I'm not confident in his left arm. At all.
Sorry for the bad quality... D:

And just to let you know, I have a bunch of decent doodles from my (crappy) art class, and I'll have all of them soon enough... so prepare for A LOT of spam ;D

Tomete wrote:For the first picture, the arms look slightly out of proportion. I tried the pose myself, and realized that the hand clutching the arm should be slightly lower, or it wouldn't be completely horizontal like that. (Or maybe it's just my Slowpoke hormones acting up again, considering fact that I develop like a snail stuck in molasses)

How did I not notice this?! D: Thank you for pointing it out!

EDIT:
YOU GUYS.
READ THIS SHORT STORY I WROTE LAST NIGHT.
RIGHT NOW.
Spoiler! :
"So. It's come to this".
In Luke's bedroom, Jenn and Chat were glaring at each other intensely, as if trying to decipher the others thoughts, a chessboard between them. Though instead of playing the traditional way, most of the pieces had been replaced with checkers, coins, and even a couple of dice, and no matter how hard Rasputin tried to understand it, he couldn't comprehend the rules of the game.
Dramatically, Jenn slid one of her paperclips to the centre of the checkered board while making weird sound-effects, and cried: "Ha, I win! Abruptly, she stood, and would have knocked over the board if Rasputin hadn't been there for a last-minute save.
"No!" Chat shouted, standing up as well "you never circled around that button from Luke's shirt that we found under his bed three times!"
"Yes I did!"
"No you didn't!"
And the argument continued untill Luke stormed into the room, and bellowed: "Shut up!", then left again, slamming the door behind him.
"... Is he... mad?" Rasputin whispered, his voice having been stolen by fright.
"Probably" Chat said casually, completely waving off the frightened boys worries.
"You'd think that since that he's the best cook in the family, he'd have a better temper..." Jenn sighed.
"Uh... I don't think that's for cooking..." Rasputin tried to say, but gave up since no one appeared to be listening.
"Yeah, he's making macaroni and cheese, right? My favourite!" Chat said excitedly, clapping his hands together.
Remembering that they were still standing, they both plopped back down into their beanbags, which caused the chessboard to fly into the air, and land on Rasputin's head, shortly followed by dice, paperclips, and other circular objects that he'd rather not talk about.
"I'm... going to check on Luke" Rasputin said timidly, standing up from the hard floor, since Chat claimed that Luke would kill him if he sat anywhere else.
"Okay! You two lovebirds have fun!" Jenn squealed.
"It's not like that!" he shouted, slamming the door in their faces. Would they always think like that, ever since he needed of those photos of Luke half-naked?
He leaned on the door, and sighed. Through the block of wood, he could hear Chat suggesting that they pretend to be Pirates, and kidnap him and Luke, then throw them overboard by pouring large buckets of water over their heads when they weren't looking.
Not wanting to hear any more, Rasputin hurriedly went to the kitchen, and saw Luke in front of the stove, his back turned to him.
Having an idea, Rasputin stealthily tip-toed towards him, in hopes of catching him off-guard. But as soon as he was about to poke him in the shoulder, Luke's head turned around to glare at him.
"What do you want?" he asked nastily.
Yelping, Rasputin fell over, and scrambled back as far as he could on the cold ceramic floor.
"N-n-nothing, L-Luke, why d-d-do you a-ask?" he stammered uncontrollably.
"Whatever. Want to try the macaroni? It's pretty much finished".
Feeling the awkwardness ebb away, Rasputin slowly lifted himself off the floor and said, "Ah... okay?".
Cautiously, making sure not to invade the dangerous persons personal space, Rasputin gazed into the small pot on the stove.
Inside, was something that made him wretch at the mere sight of it.
Was it alive? No, surely not even Luke could do that to the poor pasta. But why did it look to be trying to bite him? The fact that it was black as tar and had the consistency of glue didn't help. Slowly, bubbles rose from the bottom, and popped as soon as they reached the surface, giving off a smell that reminded him of a mixture of a cats litter-box, and sour milk. Rasputin turned away and gagged, but before he could make a run for it, Luke had already grabbed his shoulder, spun him around, and stuffed a spoon-full of the disgusting substance into his mouth.
Chocking, he fell on his knees, and tried to spit out whatever it was that was inside of his mouth.
Just then, the large window in Luke's living room shattered, and something with a horses backside, the top of a T-rex with a horn jutting out from its forehead, and giant, feathered, wings, appeared, with Ron Weasly on it's back.
It had trouble getting around, due to the fact the having a horses backside made it difficult for it to balance. So instead it hobbled towards them clumsily, roaring ferociously at them. Ron was barely able to hold on without falling off.
It was kind of late, and Rasputin's cheeks were bulging like a chipmunks by then, but he finally did a spit-take at that moment, spewing the black substance over anything and everything within a five-foot radius, including Luke.
"What the hell is Ron Weasly doing here?!" Rasputin cried.
Luke would have beaten him up right there, despite the whole flying-dinosaur-unicorn that occupied his living room, and the fictional character, if it hadn't been for Jenn and Chat, who had decided to make their appearance at this time.
"Arrrrg, me matey's!" Chat growled, a pair of underpants (probably Luke's) strapped onto his head, covering up one of his eyes to make some sort of eye-patch, and a thick black belt was tied around his waist to hold his pants up ridiculously high. Holding a wooden toy sword in his hands, and a pillow from a sheild, he charged.
Jenn followed him eagerly, wearing a red and white bandana that covered up the lower half of her face, and a large pirate hat with a toy parrot attached. Bellowing out some sort of battle cry, she also swung her toy sword and pillow into the air.
As soon as they hit him with their wooden swords, the creature immediately sat down on the floor (which looked very awkward for it), and began to bawl (which also didn't look quite normal), Ron being thrown ten feet away on the floor.
"Bloody beast!" he spat, picking himself up.
"Aww..." Jenn cried, dropping her weapons to hug the strange thing "there, there... we didn't mean to hurt you!"
Chat followed suit, and it was safe to say that both Rasputin and Luke were very confused.
"What's that?" Chat asked suspiciously, cupping his ear and leaning closer to hear "you want us to ride you? I thought you'd never ask!"
Quickly, before anyone could stop them, they climbed onto the creatures back, and Jenn called out: "giddy up!", digging her heels into the things backside.
Rearing up, the flying-dinosaur-unicorn turned around, and smashed through the wall, which was right next to the broken window, leaving a giant, gaping, hole. Behind him the creature left a trail of rainbow light that sparkled, looking almost like a pathway into the sky.
Flying away, the last thing they could hear was the sound of Chat and Jenn's screams of joy, along with the flapping of wings.
"Wait— what?" Rasputin cried, rushing to the hole just in time to see the tiny dot in the sky disappear "they... they tamed that thing?!"
"Those gits! Do you know how hard it is to find one of those?!" Ron sighed. Just as he was about to fly off on his brand new Firebolt, Rasputin gasped, and scrambled to him.
"Please, please, pleeeaaase give me your autograph!" he begged, clutching to the hem of his robes as if his life depended on it.
Flustered and confused, Ron's ears quickly burnt a bright cherry red, and he began to stammer incoherently. While he did that, Rasputin had already pulled out a pen and a piece of scrap paper from his back pocket, and was shoving it in his face eagerly.
"A-a-alright" Ron obliged, scribbling his name on the paper quickly, before jumping on his broomstick, and zooming away as quickly as possible.
Rasputin was left kneeling on the floor, and after a few moments of silence, began to squeal really loudly in excitement, rubbing the paper against his face affectionately.
Luke knelt down by the rainbow-trail, and gingerly ran his finger through it. It caused it to ripple, like water, but it quickly reformed again. Seeing his, Rasputin crawled over, and began to widely run his hands through it, watching in wonder as it disappeared, and reformed again.
"Hey, Luke, what do you think-" Rasputin began, but as soon as he looked to the side at the boy, he saw something that was scary enough to top even the crazy flying-dinosaur-unicorn.
Luke; he was smiling.
Even so, Rasputin doubted it was due to happiness, because it seemed to cause him a great deal of pain. It made his face contort and form unexplainable wrinkles all over, and Rasputin felt as if he was staring at the ninety-year-old version of Luke instead of the present one he knew.
"Oh my God... I've time-travelled, haven't I?!" Rasputin shouted, pointing at Luke accusingly.
Silently, the smiling Luke made no move, but instead continued to stare at him creepily.
Not even thinking about it, Rasputin screamed rather girlishly, just like he had a moment ago, though this time it was out of fear.

He opened his eyes.
He found himself on the floor, flailing his arms around wildly as if trying to fend off some sort of invisible beast, and he was screaming.
Arms, feet, hands; they were all trying to pin him down to the ceramic floor beneath him, but for whatever reason, it wasn't working. Immediately, he came to his senses, and froze, clamping his mouth shut.
Above him he saw Luke, who was sitting on his stomach, with his fist raised high in the air, Jenn, who was holding down his feet, and once he tilted his head up, he saw Chat, who was pinning his wrists to the floor.
"Whass goin' onn?" Rasputin tried to ask, but for some reason, his voice sounded funny.
"You started spazzing out after you ate the macaroni, so I had to beat you up to stop" Luke explained blandly, getting off his stomache.
"Yeah, it was real funny how you kept on screaming 'flying dinosaurs!' and stuff" Chat added, releasing his hands, Jenn doing the same.
"Yoou mea'... no fwying-binosaar-oo-nicorns?" Rasputin asked, sitting up.
"What are you talking about?" Luke snapped, going back to tend to his black concoction that had started all this mess.
"Yoou're still goin' tooo cook dat?"
"Yeah, why?"
"N-noo reasoon".
Then the image of Luke smiling popped inside of Rasputin's head, and his blood ran cold.
"I-I'm 'dust goin' to leave noow... bye".
"Bye!" Jenn called out enthusiastically, waving at him on his way out.
Once he was gone, Chat casually walked over to where the hole in the wall would've been, and pulled on something that you couldn't see.
A tapestry designed to look just like the whole and healthy wall fell to the floor, revealing the giant hole, which was actually there, and the fading rainbow streaming from it, which was also very much real.
"What are we going to do about this? You know Mom and Dad will freak, especially since last time".
When Luke didn't reply, Jenn sighed "I hope Micky's okay... he hadn't flown that far of a distance in a long time..."
"Meh, who cares" Chat sighed "but guess what I scored~!" like a flash, he produced a small sheet of paper from his pocket, and held it up for Jenn to see.
"Ohmegosh! Is that Ron's autograph?! Did you steal it from Rasputin?"
"Yup! Wanna go sell it on Ebay?"
Nodding vigorously, they both skipped off into Luke's room, as happy as could be.

(Click the link above for the better-looking version!

This is for Rasputin's Contest!
It was so fun 8D
lolfail at the last-minute addition of Ron, though. xD
Reigan

Postby Reigan » January 22nd, 2011, 6:34 pm

BEHOLD. MY OWN PONY, BUTTERBERRY.
Spoiler! :
She's a pony... with a ponytail... GET IT?! 8D /shot

Some fail watercolour... and it's really bad quality :C
Spoiler! :
Reigan

Postby Reigan » January 27th, 2011, 1:03 pm

Spoiler! :

My entry for the SJ Collab... that I slaughtered /sob
I seriously suck at these sorts of things, so FORGIVE ME, BLANKD D:

Spoiler! :

I love drawing perspective <3 but alas, it seems that I'm incapable...
I have no idea what happened to that arm.

Spoiler! :

this is what I draw when I'm being uncreative xD

Spoiler! :

I draw this boy too much, and he still doesn't have a name...
Reigan

Postby Reigan » January 28th, 2011, 3:16 pm

I'm bad. I'm updating with only one thing to post...

But I'm really excited about this fanart for the FABULOUS Demiseman.
I know it's really busy and cluttered, but I think that I just got excited that this is the first finished piece I did in SO LONG.

I vow to stop posting so many sketches and actually FINISH SOME STUFF D< /scolds self
Reigan

Postby Reigan » February 1st, 2011, 8:46 pm

Sorry, this is kind of big.
Spoiler! :

EDIT
WTF
HER HEAD... IT'S SLANTED.

WHY DO I NOT NOTICE THESE THINGS UNTILL THE SKETCH IS SCANNED?!

==
AND THUS COMMENCES THIS FEBRUARY MADNESS.

I have no idea what I'm working on this month. I was going to go for more diverse expressions, but after a long while of jus trying to draw a mouth, I got so frustrated that I scribbled it roughly, ripping tiny holes in the paper... ^^;

So maybe I'll try again tomorrow.

Spoiler! :

Did I already post this? I have no idea *is too lazy to go check*

Spoiler! :

I DISCOVERED THE SMUDGE/BLUR TOOL THAT DAY. AND WHAT A GLORIOUS DAY THAT WAS.

Spoiler! :

I really had fun with that hair :3
Reigan

Postby Ddraigeneth » February 1st, 2011, 9:03 pm

Reigan wrote:
Spoiler! :

Her neck kind of disappears into the background...unless you meant it to look like her head is floating. Nice work, though.
Ddraigeneth

Re: Reigan's [Feb]Super-tastic Adventure-filled 35.6 minutes!

Postby Reigan » February 3rd, 2011, 2:08 pm

OH GOD ONLY A DAY IN AND I ALREADY SCREWED IT UP D<

BUT I HAVE A LEGIT REASON, I SWEAR.
I wont go into details, but I was SOO sick yesterday. VOMIT EVERYWHERE, MAN D: /sobs
I'm actually still a little sick today, but I can at least draw :3

To make up for yesterday, I have two sketches! (They're big, sorry)
Spoiler! :

You don't want me to write your story. EVERYONE DIES.
Her hair is too fluffy. And I used a reference. If you read the comic, you'll see it /shot

Spoiler! :

My version of snow white. Who was a mermaid as a child.
HER EYES ARE FUCKING HUUUGE.

Spoiler! :

And here's something extra :D
Ddraigeneth wrote:
Reigan wrote:
Spoiler! :

Her neck kind of disappears into the background...unless you meant it to look like her head is floating. Nice work, though.

PSH. Never saw that.

I repositioned the background... is this better?
Spoiler! :
Reigan

Postby Ddraigeneth » February 3rd, 2011, 6:21 pm

Reigan wrote:
Spoiler! :

You don't want me to write your story. EVERYONE DIES.
Her hair is too fluffy. And I used a reference. If you read the comic, you'll see it /shot

I repositioned the background... is this better?
Spoiler! :

References are handy for practice. And that does help a bit.
Ddraigeneth

Postby Reigan » February 4th, 2011, 8:43 pm

Spoiler! :

*Copypaste from dA*
My dAID
I really do have all those moles on my body... but they're more like big freckles... even that one smack center of my neck.
And just in case you're wondering. Yes, I do indeed have a horn jutting out from the left side of my skull.
THIS IS SO UGLY I CAN'T DRAW CHIBIS.
AndIShouldReallyBurnThoseFeet.

Spoiler! :

This is ugly. I hate it. But I had to post it because it's for an Art Trade. Which makes me want to burn it to the ground.
ANDICANNOTKEEPTRACKOFNINETAILS.

DUN DUN DUN DUUUUUUUNNNN

MAY I KNOW INTRODUCE YOU TO-- MANLYMAN. THE MAN THAT CANNOT JUST WALK ON WATER, HE RUNS ON IT. AND PAINTS HIS TOENAILS.

And I know his foot is backwards D<
Reigan

Postby Sonic-ock » February 4th, 2011, 9:04 pm

Manly man is good people.
ImageImageImageImage
Sonic-ock

Postby Reigan » February 5th, 2011, 10:30 pm

LSKDGFSDJLGFLSDF JUST MADE IT AT EXACTLY 12AM-- I'M GOLDEN.

Spoiler! :

EDIT:
This is ALMOST LATE. Sorry. I was having too much fun fooling around with my tablet and I lost track of time xD

SO YEAH I STILL MADE IT.

AND YES. Her fingers are supposed to be unnaturally long. And she can bend her ankle like that because SHE WANTS TOO D<
Reigan

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Showcase