Ddraigeneth's Colouring Book and Craftbox

Showcase your artistic works here for all to admire and critique. All forms of art are welcome.
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to allow individuals to post their artwork for admiration and critique; it is NOT for promoting your comic (see Self-Promotion). It is strictly forbidden to create a topic with the sole purpose of linking to your comic.

Ddraigeneth's Colouring Book and Craftbox

Postby Ddraigeneth » November 17th, 2010, 12:07 am

I'm thinking that if I have people to show them to, I might actually sketch more. Let's give it a try.

First off, have some pirates. For a few years, I was very active in the "Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates" community, and gained most of my digital art experience doing avatars and contests.

Image Image Image
Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :
Image Image

I also did a set of Peanuts-themed avatars for me and my friends.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Let's see what else I have available...
Spoiler! :
My art teacher in high school wanted me to try to sketch more, so I came out with this:

Which led to the next three months, working in class on this:
Biggest version I have on the computer, unfortunately. That's acrylics on an 18x24" canvas board.

Also, this:
Same size, acrylics and papier-mache for the claw. I did the Starry Night mock-up at home, and everyone was going crazy when I took it into class. Then I started ripping it.

And...
Spoiler! :
Did this from reference, just for the practice. Jane Fonda as Barbarella, Queen of the Galaxy:

Um...
Spoiler! :
This was a wedding gift for my cousins (they've been together 7 years, they both count as cousins)

Also...

Click it for the full size, it's rather large. This one was particularly interesting, because I wasn't allowed to touch the paper, and my colours were limited to red, black, and brown. The brown is coffee, drizzled on with a paper towel inside of a plastic bag with the corner cut off; the black is India ink, from an eyedropper; and the red is catsup, dripped on with a spoon. I baked the whole thing to help it dry out. That was a fun one.

I'll have to scan some of my newer sketches later. Most of this is older, so I can see a lot of the flaws, but constructive criticism is always welcome.
Last edited by Ddraigeneth on August 17th, 2012, 2:06 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Ddraigeneth

Re: These forums clearly need more art.

Postby Ddraigeneth » November 17th, 2010, 12:14 am

Oh hey, I have my D&D character. I drew it while my friend was explaining the basic rules for me, probably 5 minutes, colouring included.

And this was a special commission, while I was over at Puzzle Pirates. Only thing I've ever used photo textures on. =o
Clickable:
Ddraigeneth

Postby YakkitySax » November 18th, 2010, 11:18 pm

I like your Trogdor. <3
I love you, spam bots.
jan83fry wrote:It's my pleasure to get an opportunity to discuss in this reputed forum. I love seeing people thrive online. It's such a great opportunity I have today.

My Sketchbook
YakkitySax

Postby Ddraigeneth » November 18th, 2010, 11:46 pm

Haha, thanks. My friend's screenname is Burninator.
Ddraigeneth

Postby Ddraigeneth » November 21st, 2010, 4:45 pm

Image Image

Trees! I bought a small sketchbook, so I could toss it in my purse. The first one, I just started drawing random lines, and about halfway through thought, "Huh. That kind of looks like a tree." I liked the general effect, so the second one was actually intended to be a tree. I started with a bunch of circles, then did squiggly firework-kinda-doodles over all of them, and darkened certain areas, and so on. Just playing around.
Ddraigeneth

Postby YakkitySax » November 22nd, 2010, 2:15 am

The first one kind of reminds me of a childrens story illustration. It's neat.
I love you, spam bots.
jan83fry wrote:It's my pleasure to get an opportunity to discuss in this reputed forum. I love seeing people thrive online. It's such a great opportunity I have today.

My Sketchbook
YakkitySax

Postby Ddraigeneth » December 17th, 2010, 3:32 pm

ImageImage

I was going to scan the hand, then I remembered that I still had the digital file from the project. I've drawn so many four-fingered hands, it often looks more natural to me than when I try to draw five fingers (4 fingers and a thumb, yaddayadda). This one was a fun challenge, though.
Ddraigeneth

Postby Ddraigeneth » January 4th, 2011, 2:42 pm

I was walking home from a job interview when I decided I had to stop and watch the pond full of ducks and geese.
Unfortunately, my model decided to go for a swim before I could get to the feet, and most of the others were sleeping.

Ddraigeneth

Postby Ddraigeneth » January 7th, 2011, 10:31 pm

I finally got around to finishing this. Sort of slipped my mind for the last few months.

Think I'm going to put up a wallpaper gallery on my comic, soon.
Ddraigeneth

Postby Mr Aids » January 8th, 2011, 8:31 am

That picture makes me happy.

Does that dragon have a name?
kevansevans wrote:
robybang wrote:Also, it's the internet, people always argue over dumb stuff.

Nuh uh
Mr Aids

Postby Ddraigeneth » January 8th, 2011, 2:35 pm

You know, I never thought about naming him. I started drawing it just after I finished this page, so you can see just how far my procrastination stretches.
I'm usually more inclined towards western dragons, but he just came out so perty.
Ddraigeneth

Postby Chibilisous » January 9th, 2011, 6:18 pm

Ddraigeneth wrote:ImageImage

I have no idea why, but that picture you drew, the hand with 4 fingers, reminds me of a wrestler showing off his biceps or something like that XD;
Chibilisous

Postby Ddraigeneth » January 17th, 2011, 5:33 am

So, a couple of days ago, my fiancé and I were discussing Dragon Age. Specifically, lyrium. Specifically, the fact that every source of information goes on about how dangerous lyrium is, and that in its unprocessed form, it's more or less instantly fatal to mages. Yet, during certain fights, you can run up to it and give it a quick rub to regain some mana.

This inspired a certain drawing concept. Which I told YakkitySax about yesterday, and her response was "Doitdoitdoit!" followed by "Now!" So, I obeyed, and spent two hours last night drawing it out. And then pretty much all of today colouring it.

Not safe for work--not really explicit, but rather more than suggestive.

Spoiler! :
Ddraigeneth

Postby Mr Aids » January 17th, 2011, 5:52 am

Ddraigeneth wrote:
Spoiler! :

Oh god, this makes me laugh so much.
kevansevans wrote:
robybang wrote:Also, it's the internet, people always argue over dumb stuff.

Nuh uh
Mr Aids

Re: Ddraigeneth's Colouring Book

Postby NewColossus » January 22nd, 2011, 2:53 am

They're all really great. You're very talented, and the tentacles are way funny. Thanks for letting me see 'em.
NewColossus

Next

Return to Creative Showcase