The SmackJeeves Emporium of Avatars

Showcase your artistic works here for all to admire and critique. All forms of art are welcome.
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to allow individuals to post their artwork for admiration and critique; it is NOT for promoting your comic (see Self-Promotion). It is strictly forbidden to create a topic with the sole purpose of linking to your comic.

The SmackJeeves Emporium of Avatars

Postby Wander Tones » April 25th, 2011, 1:22 pm

Emporium Status: Open
PhotoBucket Status: Limited

A small note on the PhotoBucket Status: With this there are three options, each based upon the availability of premium membership of the service. If it is "Affordable" (green), then the following month is able to be paid for. If it is "Available" (orange), then the following month is not able to be paid for and you should consider saving your avatars to your own profiles. If it is "Limited" (red), then the account is not in premium, and it is only a matter of time until the bandwidth limit is exceeded.

Welcome to the wonderful world of avatars, a place where any avatar can be used by anyone on the SmackJeeves site. Guided by owner and primary worker Wander Tones, you can find an avatar you like or have one created for you based on any existing image.

Below this introductory section you will find the gallery, within which contains multiple categories in alphabetical order. For the sake of space, there will be a "Spoiler Door" in front of each, in order to focus your attention onto the whole post until needed. If you do not find an image here that you would like to use as your avatar, feel free to request one based on an existing image, and we will be sure to include it into the gallery.

Current Team:
  • Wander Tones - owner/layout/editor
  • Cazbah - artist/animator
  • kevansevans - visual effects/animated text (depends on the request)
  • theawesomepizzaman - general
If you would like to join the Emporium Team, feel free to leave a PM for the owner expressing your interest. It is preferable that you either have GIMP or have an idea for an alternate role, so we can fit you in ASAP. We are happy to accept new team members at any time.

This emporium is run by volunteer workers, who utilise a paid online gallery to host the creations without bandwidth limitations. To keep this place running at maximum efficiency, and not require re-saving of avatars, please donate any amount you desire. All donations will be used towards motivation and payment purposes, and any excess will be saved for future use. The donate button is below.

Notable Donators:
  • Ddraigeneth: First donator, who gave money for three months worth of PhotoBucket membership.
  • The_Hankerchief: More as a reward for providing him with a Layton Pony (which ended up being a Layton Rarity), but still appreciated greatly.
  • YakkitySax: Another donator who gave three months worth of PhotoBucket membership.
A big thank you to all the people above, and anyone not listed who donated, for your support. Another thank you to all the people who use this service, for making this service worth the cost to maintain.

- - - - - - - - - -

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Developed by Lauren Faust, this "The Hub" children's show has been popular over the internet. The main characters - and plenty of the more minor and repeated characters - are often used in avatars on here and around the internet. This gallery features most of the characters from the show, from the booksmart Twilight Sparkle to the fan-named Derpy Hooves. It also includes fan-ponies or ponies based off of characters from popular culture (or anywhere, really).
Spoiler! :
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

My Little Pony - Pinkie Pie
The most used and requested of the ponies in My Little Pony, Pinkie Pie is full of random. It is this randomness that makes her so popular, and so appropriate for avatars. The sheer number of Pinkie Pie avatars are the primary reason why she is in her own gallery.
Spoiler! :
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Popular Culture
As this pales in comparison to the sheer number of My Little Pony avatars, this holds host to many other avatars from other facets of popular culture. Games, movies, TV, music; all of these - and much more - can be found here.
Spoiler! :
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Misc.
What doesn't fit elsewhere goes in here. That's all I have to say about this, really.
Spoiler! :
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Posts of Cazbah
Posts of Cazbah...
This is the location in which Cazbah's custom avatars will be placed. As he is an artist for the Emporium, there will be more original stuff here, particularly requests. Feel free to request your own avatar from him; after all, we can't all have manipulated images or edited gifs.
Spoiler! :
Image Image Image Image

Chelsea and Kitty
Straight from the "Upload" button come some great new avatars based upon the webcomic everyone's (and when I say "Everyone", I mean everyone with a clear interest in it) talking about: Chelsea and Kitty. Vito, the author and artist of Chelsea and Kitty, generously gave us these avatars for people to use.
Spoiler! :
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

From the Shadows
These avatars have been generously donated by the user "Your Shadow", much like the above Kitty and Chelsea avatars.
Spoiler! :
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Unusual Interests
Tucked at the bottom, in a more private gallery, is a small box of avatars involving more... unusual stuff. These are more because of the number of avatars Wander Tones has created on this topic, and his willingness to share them. A word of warning: watch out for the spiders, it's been a little bit since it was last touched.
Spoiler! :
Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image

Disclaimer: All avatars currently on the site, unless stated, are not made by their original creators (entirely or partially). These are to be used as an identifier and to pay one's respect to the subject/s in the avatar and its source. Please ask before using any avatar outside SmackJeeves, even though the general response will be "Sure, why not."
Also, please note that (as previously stated) this is a VOLUNTEER avatar emporium. Any people here do this of their own will, and any money requested for donations is strictly used in the furthering of the PhotoBucket account.
Last edited by Wander Tones on April 22nd, 2012, 7:53 am, edited 81 times in total.
Q wrote:A couple of hours ago, I realised that my body was no longer functioning properly. I felt weak - I could no longer stand. The life was oozing out of me; I lost consciousness.
Picard wrote:You fell asleep.

Wander Tones

Location: There's this one little corner of my bedroom, and it has a laptop...

Re: The SmackJeeves Emporium of Avatars

Postby Afrohawkman » April 25th, 2011, 2:24 pm

Awesome new thread, looks great! I'll be your first customer then, as I found the image without the text. :D

I also love how you added in all of the avatars you've created before, that's very awesome. Now if anyone wants to use them (with your permission, of course), they can, so going back to old avatars, even we didn't save them somewhere else, is now super easy. :D
Afrohawkman

Postby Wander Tones » April 25th, 2011, 2:38 pm

Afrohawkman wrote:Awesome new thread, looks great! I'll be your first customer then, as I found the image without the text. :D

Spoiler! :

I also love how you added in all of the avatars you've created before, that's very awesome. Now if anyone wants to use them (with your permission, of course), they can, so going back to old avatars, even we didn't save them somewhere else, is now super easy. :D

Thanks.

Oh, and I automatically give permission for use here, so people can just select it and use it. I just want people to ask if they can use it outside of SmackJeeves, but with that I'd generally say "Yes" (this is all in the disclaimer).

Oh, and I'm done:

Q wrote:A couple of hours ago, I realised that my body was no longer functioning properly. I felt weak - I could no longer stand. The life was oozing out of me; I lost consciousness.

Wander Tones

Postby Afrohawkman » April 25th, 2011, 3:06 pm

Awesome, thanks! Any chance you wouldn't mind changing the text to white with a black border? :D
Afrohawkman

Postby Wander Tones » April 25th, 2011, 3:14 pm

Afrohawkman wrote:Awesome, thanks! Any chance you wouldn't mind changing the text to white with a black border? :D

Considering that I use GIMP, I can't really do that. I apologise, but this is a technological fail.

I can give you the one without the text so you can try it yourself, if you'd like. I can also put it in the gallery as well, for people who don't want the text.

Wander Tones

Postby AlkseeyaKC » April 25th, 2011, 3:16 pm

This may be random, but I just freaking love the pony animations. o n o!
So thanks for making them! X3
AlkseeyaKC

Postby Wander Tones » April 25th, 2011, 3:19 pm

AlkseeyaKC wrote:This may be random, but I just freaking love the pony animations. o n o!
So thanks for making them! X3

No worries, it's fun to make them.

I have got to thank all those people who find the sources, though. Without them it wouldn't be half the size it currently is.

Wander Tones

Postby Afrohawkman » April 25th, 2011, 3:19 pm

Wander Tones wrote:
Afrohawkman wrote:Awesome, thanks! Any chance you wouldn't mind changing the text to white with a black border? :D

Considering that I use GIMP, I can't really do that. I apologize, but this is a technological fail.

I can give you the one without the text so you can try it yourself, if you'd like. I can also put it in the gallery as well, for people who don't want the text.

Actually, I think I can figure it out then. Resizing isn't the problem since it's practically the perfect size so I'll do it myself. Thanks a lot anyway. :D
Afrohawkman

Postby Ddraigeneth » April 25th, 2011, 4:27 pm

Hope you can keep this going for awhile. It's a great contribution. <3
Ddraigeneth

Postby Afrohawkman » April 25th, 2011, 4:28 pm

Quick question Wander Tones, how did you add the text to it originally?
Afrohawkman

Postby Vitotamito » April 25th, 2011, 6:18 pm

SOMEBODY STICKY THIS SHIT.

Also, I'd like to join your team, I have the gimp, but I'm not quite sure how to edit Gifs (I don't use GIMP like, ever). I have Photoshop CS3 (My main bitch).

I could also fill a the role of "Finder of GIFS" for you. If you need such a person.
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Postby Wander Tones » April 26th, 2011, 2:16 am

Afrohawkman wrote:Quick question Wander Tones, how did you add the text to it originally?

Well, I just took GIMP and added Impact text to it. It doesn't allow for a different border colour on the text, so I can't really do that effect with it.

Vitotamito wrote:SOMEBODY STICKY THIS SHIT.

Also, I'd like to join your team, I have the gimp, but I'm not quite sure how to edit Gifs (I don't use GIMP like, ever). I have Photoshop CS3 (My main bitch).

I could also fill a the role of "Finder of GIFS" for you. If you need such a person.

Do you know how to edit gifs in Photoshop? If you do (I think my guide to editing gifs should also apply to Photoshop, if roughly, so may be possible for you to learn) you can be my text-adderer.

I don't really think we need a "Finder of gifs" at the moment. If someone wants an avatar that's not up here, they can put it up and I can work on it. When the time comes that someone doesn't know the location of a particular gif, then we can allow someone (possibly, or most likely, you) to join that's willing to find that role.

Wander Tones

Postby YakkitySax » April 26th, 2011, 2:23 am

I'd like to see more SJers join this. We do have a lot of nice avatar creators on the site.
I love you, spam bots.
jan83fry wrote:It's my pleasure to get an opportunity to discuss in this reputed forum. I love seeing people thrive online. It's such a great opportunity I have today.

My Sketchbook
YakkitySax

Postby Wander Tones » April 26th, 2011, 3:26 pm

YakkitySax wrote:I'd like to see more SJers join this. We do have a lot of nice avatar creators on the site.

I agree, we do have a lot of talented and kind avatar creators here.

And thanks for the sticky, it is greatly appreciated.

Wander Tones

Postby Afrohawkman » April 26th, 2011, 3:41 pm

Wander Tones wrote:
Afrohawkman wrote:Quick question Wander Tones, how did you add the text to it originally?

Well, I just took GIMP and added Impact text to it. It doesn't allow for a different border colour on the text, so I can't really do that effect with it.

Yes, but how? For the most part, the only way I know how to add text in a gif file would be to literally make the text layer, duplicate it that many times for each frame, and merge it down with each individual layer. How did you do it originally?

(If you did it like that then I totally know how to do that :D)
Afrohawkman

Next

Return to Creative Showcase