The SmackJeeves Youtube Submission Topic! Updated 5/27/11

Showcase your artistic works here for all to admire and critique. All forms of art are welcome.
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to allow individuals to post their artwork for admiration and critique; it is NOT for promoting your comic (see Self-Promotion). It is strictly forbidden to create a topic with the sole purpose of linking to your comic.

The SmackJeeves Youtube Submission Topic! Updated 5/27/11

Postby kevansevans » May 24th, 2011, 10:10 am

Yes, that's right, we have a Youtube channel! It's for anyone who would like to submit any of your tutorials, or even request a for a certain video!
(^Little image I threw together^)

Rules (Main rules are in BOLD) Updated 5/26/11:
1) please provide A link to the video, Link must be:
    A) Download link
    B) Youtube link (Kevansevans is capable of downloading videos from provided Youtube links)
2) Video must be at maximum of time 15:30 (Currently, as channel progresses, time maximum may increase for us)
3) Preferably a video format like MP4 or FLV. (Other formats are usable, but those two upload the fastest, and both support HD)
4) Provided description
5) provided category of video.
    A) Comic review/tutorial
    B) Art Program review/tutorial
    C) Other (If video falls under here, ALL of the current team must agree to upload)

Submission of video may take awhile, do not expect it to be immediately to be uploaded
Annotations of video WILL NOT be transferred. You have been warned

Current team:
    Kevansevans - Creator of channel
    Elastikid
    Rouge The Bat Fanatic
Sign ups are accepted, please contact one of the team members from a SJ PM, or a YT PM.

Recommended programs

screen recording
Hypercam 2 free*
Hypercam 3 free*
Camtasia Free Trial

If you have any trouble with these (IE don't have that program, or computer doesn't play nice) here is a site you can go to!
http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/screen-capture-tools-40-free-tools-and-techniques/

Video Editing programs

Windows: Windows Movie Maker *Built into some Windows OS's XP and above
Macs/Apple products : iMovie *Not all versions are excellent

*means that there is no trial, but unregistered version has some form of restrictions, ie watermark, or bad quality in a certain criteria

If you have any trouble with these (IE don't have that program, or computer doesn't play nice) here is a site you can go to! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_editing_software

Video Request

If you would like a request on a certain subject matter, just leave a comment. The current list here will be updated, so other members can make tutorials.

Requests
none
Last edited by kevansevans on May 27th, 2011, 10:33 am, edited 21 times in total.
kevansevans

Re: The SmackJeeves Youtube Submission Topic!

Postby mosama » May 24th, 2011, 1:00 pm

I like this idea I hope people take advantage of this as a great opportunity to help others and help themselves. I would love to see some tutorial videos of some SJ users making their comic from start to finish- maybe sped up some. If my computer wasnt so laggy with screencapture/recorder programs I would definitely be in on this!
mosama

Postby eishiya » May 24th, 2011, 1:09 pm

Mosama: I'd love to submit my Livestream recordings (sped up, of course), but I can't get them to work ):
And I recall Camstudio being crap. Any other recommendations for (free and watermark-free) software I could use to record some comic-making?
eishiya

Postby Charil » May 24th, 2011, 3:03 pm

^ Only other one I know of is Camtasia, and it only has a 30 day trial. Hypercam is apparently offered for free now, but I know it used to leave a watermark on its videos. Not sure if the free version does, if you want to check it out.

Anyway I quite like this idea! I like seeing how other people work, so I might scrape something up to submit :)
Charil

Postby kevansevans » May 24th, 2011, 4:06 pm

Charil wrote:^ Only other one I know of is Camtasia, and it only has a 30 day trial. Hypercam is apparently offered for free now, but I know it used to leave a watermark on its videos. Not sure if the free version does, if you want to check it out.

Anyway I quite like this idea! I like seeing how other people work, so I might scrape something up to submit :)

Hypercam 2/3 are excellent programs. 2 is easier to use, but does not handle sound very well. H3 is slighlty more difficult, but Frames are handled excellently, and sound is better.\

Need to make recommended programs list.
kevansevans

Postby kevansevans » May 25th, 2011, 4:27 pm

Would anyone like to create an advertisement video for the site? Kind of a kicker for the channel?
kevansevans

Postby Seven Rain » May 25th, 2011, 5:58 pm

Doubt I'll contribute anything, but friendin' and subscribin' right hurr.
Seven Rain

Postby Rouge The Bat Fanatic » May 25th, 2011, 6:10 pm

Are spriters allowed to join? You know, to do sprite comic stuff?
Im with Stupid.
|
|
\/
Rouge The Bat Fanatic

Postby Reigan » May 25th, 2011, 6:21 pm

I probably wont be adding anything, but I subscribed anyways!
Reigan

Location: The land or fairy tales, gum drops, and all that good stuff.

Postby Youngjaerome » May 25th, 2011, 7:14 pm

not sure if i post the link here but i have a 2 part tutorial up as well as other drawing videos up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rec4RyYLs5c
im doing some other ones on creating rough drafts and final drafts, anatomy, character design and inking with india ink. its more to help those out who need it but if this channel helps to get more people to view it then thats killing 2 birds.
Youngjaerome

Postby Elastikid » May 25th, 2011, 7:39 pm

I subscribed and requested to join the team. I can contribute videos regarding my somewhat limited knowledge of comic crafting.
Elastikid

Postby Vitotamito » May 26th, 2011, 12:56 am

I may or may not contribute stuff, but I really want to make a certain important point.

Wondows 7 did away with Windows Movie Maker.

Macs have shitty shitty shitty iMovie (06 is the bomb, but since they updated it it has become utter shit).
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Postby YakkitySax » May 26th, 2011, 4:00 am

Rouge The Bat Fanatic wrote:Are spriters allowed to join? You know, to do sprite comic stuff?

I would assume so, except staying away from teaching people how to re-color sprites would be a good idea.

Making your own sprites, how to edit backgrounds, how to make nice word bubbles for sprite comics, and similar topics would be lovely.
I love you, spam bots.
jan83fry wrote:It's my pleasure to get an opportunity to discuss in this reputed forum. I love seeing people thrive online. It's such a great opportunity I have today.

My Sketchbook
YakkitySax

Postby kevansevans » May 26th, 2011, 9:15 am

Rouge The Bat Fanatic wrote:Are spriters allowed to join? You know, to do sprite comic stuff?

Absolutely! If you have a tutorial on anything, or review on certain programs or comics, come on in! if you would like to join the team, please send a message!

Youngjaerome wrote:not sure if i post the link here but i have a 2 part tutorial up as well as other drawing videos up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rec4RyYLs5c
im doing some other ones on creating rough drafts and final drafts, anatomy, character design and inking with india ink. its more to help those out who need it but if this channel helps to get more people to view it then thats killing 2 birds.

Thank you for providing the first two videos! :D

I would also like to welcome Elastikid to the Youtube team!
kevansevans

Postby robybang » May 26th, 2011, 10:14 am

The first video lists some free recording software, and the second gives optimal settings for CamStudio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO99nEVqieU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhRfziQ6 ... ure=relmfu
three wrote:
The_Hankerchief wrote:AHNOLD TSUNDERENEGGER

"AHL BE BAHCK... BUT NAHT BECAUSE I LIEK YOU OR ANYTHING."
robybang

Next

Return to Creative Showcase