FEB CHALLENGE 2.0

Looking to team up on a creative project? Find other creators here.

FEB CHALLENGE 2.0

Postby Sonic-ock » January 21st, 2012, 12:44 pm

So last year I proposed a classic event from the sketch tavern, The February Draw-a-day challenge. The challenge is as such, Start unique piece and post it online to be viewed everyday in the month of February. draw everyday and post results everyday, feedback and fun to be had! To Add challenge and stretch your art muscles you can also put restrictions on yourself, be it fun restriction like,"I will draw at least one unique batman caricature everyday." or use to focus on your weak areas like, " Drawing the same character everyday in unique scenarios to work on character consistency."Works could range from sketches and gestures to full illustrations and full color print ready comic pages. It's really a great exercise and you'd be amazed how much improvement you can tack in just one short month's time and great for people that want to work in comics because forces you to set aside time to just draw.

Here's how the posting aspect will work, if you wanna participate in the challenge then leave a comment in this thread including what kind of restriction or theme your feb-challenge will revolve around(no theme or restriction is also an option),and whether or not you want to be included in the tally. then I will put your name on the list here. There will be a tally again, and since I kind of dropped the ball on that aspect last year, I've simplified it. Instead of posting your time zone here, jut post the time in your timezone along with each submission. In other words, with whatever information you include with your submission, also post what time it is. Honor system.

If you do choose to go with a theme or restriction then don't be afraid to really stretch the limits of that theme or restriction, this is about being creative and challenging yourself. Once you're included in the list here just go to your creative showcase thread, or make one if you haven't already, and add [FEB] to your thread title. Also be sure to indicate if there will be mature content. Began posting challenge pieces February first.

Post your daily artworks in your creative showcase thread, and be sure to add [FEB] to the thread title to indicate your participation. Don't have a showcase thread? MAKE ONE!

so with all that laid out the question remains, DO ACCEPT THE FEB-CHALLENGE!!!

We're Rocky, and February is Drago!

The Contenders:
Sonic-Ock
Boolsajo
Phoenixgem
Butterscotch
Captain Ghost
gutache
Piano-kun
suneater
Nymine
xkrazydog
RyoSoulreaper
CityBreak
AceLune
KonaTobennh
Molly-sama
Asj
KirbyHead
HalfAssedChaos: Stuff and Ice Cream
AlkseeyaKC
Seven Rain
pwnt2j
Froken Keke
Vair
Vitotamito
revzet
trenton_dawn
Last edited by Sonic-ock on February 1st, 2012, 7:54 am, edited 8 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Sonic-ock

Re: FEB CHALLENGE 2.0

Postby Boolsajo » January 21st, 2012, 4:34 pm

Ooh, I think I'll try this! I'd also like to be included in the tally.
Don't know how well I'll keep up, but I guess this kind of public announcement is sufficient incentive to try...
Theme and restriction...I'm gonna try to have historical/fantasy elements in each sketch, and at least half of all the pieces will be full-body.
Boolsajo

Postby phoenixgem » January 21st, 2012, 4:50 pm

Oh wow its that time of year again! I completely failed this last year but i'm gunna give this a go again, count me in the tally gotta at least beat my high score =)
As for theme/restrictions I'll have 3 projects to work on at that time (2 personal 1 school related) so I guess I'll have it that everything I draw has to be related to those.
So:
Phoenixgem: Will post something for her school/personal projects everyday
Snuffan wrote:Hai hai fuenixugemmu!!!! Ponponpon ga totemo suki desu!!! kya >u<, kawaii desu!
phoenixgem

Postby Butterscotch » January 21st, 2012, 6:13 pm

This was pretty fun last year.
My theme will be the same as last year, focusing on digital art. I still need to work on that.
Butterscotch

Postby Captain Ghost » January 21st, 2012, 6:55 pm

I'm not sure if I read/understood everything right--
Why do we have to post the whole time zone thing? What is it for? o.o~

Anyway. . . say I don't have internet during the week but sketch/draw daily and have everything up on the weekend, dated and whatnot, does that still count?
If so, I'll hop in with the restrictions being:
-Different pose every day
-Different clothes every day
-Comic characters only

And if it doesn't count then I will simply participate unofficially (: Sounds like fun either way.
Captain Ghost

Postby Sonic-ock » January 22nd, 2012, 12:09 am

Captain Ghost wrote:I'm not sure if I read/understood everything right--
Why do we have to post the whole time zone thing? What is it for? o.o~

Don't sweat it none, it only applies if you want to be part of the tally, last year I couldn't figure out what time they had posted based on their timezone, so this year just post what time it is along with you art for that day so that it can be tallied.
ImageImageImageImage
Sonic-ock

Postby gutache » January 22nd, 2012, 7:15 pm

... Can I do something like, make one comic page every day?
gutache

Postby Piano-kun » January 22nd, 2012, 7:20 pm

I'm in. I got so many drawings done last February. I've been in a drawing rut, so this is exactly what I need to get back in the game. :D

I'll try to do something webcomic related each day.
Piano-kun

Postby suneater » January 22nd, 2012, 7:41 pm

Sign me up for charcoal drawings, everyday.
suneater

Postby Sonic-ock » January 23rd, 2012, 7:55 am

gutache wrote:... Can I do something like, make one comic page every day?

Not only can you do that, but I highly encourage that level of gumption!!!!
ImageImageImageImage
Sonic-ock

Postby Nymine » January 23rd, 2012, 9:23 am

I'll join! I need help with things. I'll try to do a one panel comic erry day. I'll try to make them serial, but I can't promise too much.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Nymine

Postby xkrazydog » January 23rd, 2012, 10:15 am

I may attempt this again =)
xkrazydog

Postby RyoSoulreaper » January 25th, 2012, 12:55 pm

Well shit, I could try this out. Maybe work more on my traditional sketches and concepts.

EDIT: Scratch that, I want to test run my "Link's Collective Thoughts" Idea.

EDIT 2: I take days to get one page done so I'll try a MSPA style of update and post one panel pages each day.
Last edited by RyoSoulreaper on January 27th, 2012, 2:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby CityBreak » January 25th, 2012, 1:07 pm

Count me in! I would be very intrested in doing CityBreak related art for 1 whole month
CityBreak

Postby AceLune » January 25th, 2012, 7:54 pm

I'm not sure I get it at all... 'cept for the 1 art piece per day for a whole month XD
I haven't drawn anything since like 2003 and my new year resolution was to undust my art material (started, but I'm lacking motivation).

Soooooooo... I wanna join!

I'll draw a pose per day, trying to keep the proportions and the perspectives. And since I always been bad at drawing hat, I'll take Link as my "model". Or just because he is my fotm right now :oops:
AceLune

Next

Return to Creative Collaboration