HI, I'm a young aspiring American mangaka. I'm still in high-school, but I love writing, especially dark-themed battle manga. I've been writing for a long time now, and I write because I enjoy it. I've always had the philosophy to "Do what you love, and the money will follow"
The project I hope o start is called Dhampir King, and here's a brief plot skeleton:
In the distant past, the kingdoms of Humanity and Demon held a great war. To instigate peace, the Vampire King Johann Dracula Faustus and the human Princess Alice of Gaul wed, and bore a son, Aleister Alucard Faustus III, the Dhampir King. The young Aleister is bound to his human nature by Seven Chains, of which he has found only three: his Worming Eye (a demonic spell that disintegrates weaker enemies), the Sword of Amaymon (a sword that commands the shadows), and his Human Heart. Retreating to the Manor of Ferr after his father’s murder and the subsequent chaos in the Demon World, Aleister must find the remaining four Chains before Heartshield, a murderous demon cult dedicated to his honor, destroys them to release his full vampirism and lead a conquest against humanity, and protect his Devil Heart from Count Skelton, a vampire hunter. At Ferr Manor is Schwartz, a viciously protective and loyal as well as powerful phantom who serves as a Faust family butler, Gepetto, a young and dark minded inventor who specializes in the creation of Devil Toys, and Irina Iverwellar, the Iron Maiden, guardian warrior maid of Aleister. Together, and under the leadership of the Horseman War, they are Noire Sorcier, protecting humans from demons until Aleister can gather all seven chains and come to both thrones and bring peace to both worlds.
Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (?) allies of John D. Faustus and Chains, Aleister seeks them out for help. Famine, Conquest, War, and Death. Characters [primary/good]
1. Aleister A. Faustus III - Dhampir King/Sword of Amaymon. A typically cool and level-headed (in-light of his situation) teenager, he is a veritable swordsman and has complete mastery of his demonic powers. He is very trusting and fun-loving, but is very capable of hate and anger.
2. Irina Iverwellar - Iron Maiden (Hammer User, see Sucellus and D. Gray Man Lavi), fiercely loyal to her king but she uses the term “Prince” rather sarcastically, because she still thinks Aleister is immature and stupid. A tsundere.
3. Attila Kerberos – A punk rocker-looking demon (appearing to be small, about 13). Wears big headphones, sports jacket, bicycle shorts, black boots. He is a braggart and is obsessed with keeping his hairstyle, he is superhumanly strong. Smokes
4. Wendy Allardyce - charm crafter and potion brewer, dojikko
And a third guy, a priest, to be introduced later in the series
There are also secondary good characters and several bad guysSystems
Aliquam (low level) - Cerbe (mid-level) - Magna (powerful) - Basileus (Kingly)
Heartshield - pro-Demon radicals
VH - Vampire Hunting, an anti-demon organizationWhat I Look For in an Artist
I want to find someone who is young, because I am young, and also because I don't want to be taking time away from a job or being the sole-source of income. I want to find someone who enjoys drawing and is willing to have fun while still being serious about the project. Qualities in art I ask for:
- battle scenes
- demon/monster themes
- does not overuse screentones
- have fun with characters and angles
- ink drawing
- please draw in a Gangan style (i.e. Soul Eater/Full Metal Alchemist)Income
I hope to post the manga onto www.mangamagazine.net
, where, based on the quality of the piece, I hope to become Featured. At this point, income will appear in:
- A share of the monthly featured pool that we pay to our featured authors based on the amount of traffic you drive to our site.
- Ability to sell items through the online store
- Support with eBook publishing on a case by case basis
- Support with setting up book publishing on a case by case basis
If we become even better, we can become Premium, and then look to show the manga to American publishing companies (Dark Horse, Viz).
If you would be interested in gong more than 2 people, please feel free to apply! Inkers, editors, background (just so that the artist isn't so stressed)
I'm willing to communicate via email (firstname.lastname@example.org
) or Skype. Thank you!