Voices, script writers, ect. needed for Cartoon (STILL OPEN)

Looking to team up on a creative project? Find other creators here.

Voices, script writers, ect. needed for Cartoon (STILL OPEN)

Postby Tailsgod » August 26th, 2011, 2:03 pm

Hey guys so when I started out on smackjeeves one of my first comics was about two groups of, for lack of better description, Zany stick figures. Now these characters have been part of my life for a VERY long time, since I was about 9 or ten I've been reworking them and improving them. Now I'm not to say that the original web comic was good... in fact it was pretty bad. http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=37553
As i continued on smackjeeves the characters ended up coming back as fond memories and I eventually made a reboot/remake which was much better received and appeared to be going quite well, the characters were comming along nicely it had a nice ammount of slapstick and I even planned about 6 plotlines that interconnected. http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=88981
Unfortunately I made it during a time in my life that was kinda chaotic and ended with me unable to continue it which is sad

Now I'm starting my senior year (in highschool), and aside from college stuff which I'm almost done with anyway, my schedule is pretty open.
I want to make stick wars into a cartoon series
Now as far as it goes I have three series planned to start production this year, while this may seem like a lot, stick wars would be the only one actually updating frequently for now. As for the Other two
One requires ALOT of preproduction and scripting, I don't expect to even begin the animating part until maybe mid college, theres that much work to be done on the scripting and voicing.
The other one is usually a quick animate (only about 2 mins per episode) and only updates as another series updates so its not problematic making wise, still need voices for it but its not as big.

Now all of the backstory aside
Its time to get down to what I need. so this is split into about sections
Voicing
Now as that this is a big project of mine I need voice actors.
Basic requirements is to be not a asshole, and to be able to send files in an mp3 format. pretty basic
Audition scripts will be sent on request and there are 14 major characters as of right now plus a ton of misc characters
Green Team:

General Spike: Team Leader, rough guy, always angry. He does care for his team... its just really REALLY hard to see

Dave: Basically the straight man to Riley's absurb nature, most of his scenes are either with Riley or with Lind. He is more mature then Riley but still finds himself drawn to the idea of mischief, but unlike Riley he will sometimes resist the urge.

Riley: The Youngest, in nature, of the crew. He's often silly and is probably the most genre savvy of the group besides James. He loves to make mischief. His best friend is Dave and he will often put his own neck on the line to help Dave. He is probably the most loyal person on Green Team and the most well hearted.

James: The spy on green team, he's british and dangerously genre savvy. He is the most calm and collected on on Green team and always wears a suit and top hat.
Dan: The geek of Green team. Despite his attempts to act like a stud he is the biggest nerd on Green team, and is often the kind of Kenny to the group's southpark as everything bad usually happens to him.

Lind: The Daughter of General Spike and a lt herself. She always wishes to dissobey her father and annoy him but often is very nervous when doing so. She is also the love interest of Dave

Gabe: The youngest of all the characters, and often the most humble. He joined the team with his oldest friend Phil but is stuck as a secondary character due to the lack of them.

Phil: The best friend of Gabe, he is the more vocal of the two and often will share his distaste of the fact he's only a secondary character.

White Team:

General Captain: He acts tough but compared to Spike General Captain is a very nice guy. Hes more of a pacifist when it comes to dealing with his team and will shout orders or threats with nothing to back them with.

Tim: Tim is private who is probably the most ambitious of all the characters. He is often found learning from Sam or hanging with the other people in the white team. His dream is to be the leader of white team one day.

Sam: The teams spy and the most sarcastic of all the characters. Hes a ninja and is probably the best fighter out of all the teams (besides a certain duck). He follows his order but doesn't believe in the war himself. His favorite past time is playing chess with James of Green Team

Larry: The clown of white team... literally. Despite his lazziez fair attitude he's actually brilliant, and has the highest IQ of all the cast. He is second in command of white team but he never acts it.

Ace: The teams self proclaimed "flying ace", Ace is the toughest guy on white team... or so he says. He has more fears then any other character and is the biggest wimp out of all the team. He is also OCD

Ducky: Ducky is a duck... who is an insane warlord and a competent fighter. He refers to his status as a pet as community service for his crimes against humanity and is the most twisted fucking duck you will ever know.

Now if your interested in voicing any of these characters sen me a pm and the name of the character you want to voice and I'll send you the audition script

Scripting
Now script wise I am head writer but I love suggestions, the writers would talk via skype or other forms of chat interchange episode ideas and work on the actual script as we pass it around to eachother and revise certain things. While yes i do have several story arcs planned I still need help writing and working on it.
Editing
JUST MAKING SURE THE SCRIPT IS COMPREHENSIBLE AND DOESN'T CONFUSE OTHERS
Flash work
This is the more iffy part, cause unless I want to put it on newgrounds this position is kinda useless untill proven otherwise. If I do put it on newgrounds I need a guy who can attatch multiple flash files and make a preloader
Info
This is a nonprofit web show, so there is no payment (sorry) BUT if I do eventually make it so we can make money, I will post up how much people can get payed fairly for the ammount of work done. but I doubt i will be selling dvds anytime soon :P

Any other questions please post below
Last edited by Tailsgod on September 6th, 2011, 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tailsgod

Re: Voices, script writers, ect. needed for Cartoon

Postby CityBreak » August 27th, 2011, 6:23 am

I'll don't mind doing some voice acting. Just send me a PM and let's talk about which character(s) to voice. I'm willing to help out with ideas and editing. I don't mind if I don't get paid at the moment of any time in the near future because it doesn't matter to me at this point in time.
CityBreak

Postby Reini » August 29th, 2011, 12:37 am

Wow, this looks like SO much fun, I would love to be a part of! I can help edit and script if you need but I'd like to do some voice acting.

I'm a girl so I'd end up being Lind but in reason I can be ranged into an alto (a lower voice) and pro'lly do a younger male character like Riley if needed. C:
Reini

Postby ZashTheHedehog » August 29th, 2011, 12:43 am

Can I help with writing? I have LogMeInHamachi
ZashTheHedehog

Postby Samedi-mai » August 29th, 2011, 9:54 pm

gawd I wish I could! ; A; I LOVE TO BE PART OF THIS! [DARN YoU college *Sniff*] ; u ; I'll just stick around and see how it goes! GOOD LUCK!
                                                                P R O J E C T COLOURS
                                                                                -by Mr.Aids-
Samedi-mai

Postby Tailsgod » August 30th, 2011, 3:04 pm

Wow go offline for a day and this happens... YAY

anyhow,
WRITERS I'm just gonna test you to make sure you're at least somewhat good, don't worry its not a tough test, I'll send you a senario between a couple characters along with a more detailed version of they're personalities, and a couple of previous scripts to get an idea of the characters, after that i want you to write the senario or the after effect and send it to me along with any other writing you can think of.

@Reini: I'll send you the auditions for Lind, Riley, and Gabe (the youngest male)
Tailsgod

Postby Reini » August 30th, 2011, 3:49 pm

Tailsgod wrote:Wow go offline for a day and this happens... YAY

anyhow,
WRITERS I'm just gonna test you to make sure you're at least somewhat good, don't worry its not a tough test, I'll send you a senario between a couple characters along with a more detailed version of they're personalities, and a couple of previous scripts to get an idea of the characters, after that i want you to write the senario or the after effect and send it to me along with any other writing you can think of.

@Reini: I'll send you the auditions for Lind, Riley, and Gabe (the youngest male)

*Salutes* Yes sir!
Reini

Postby SushiGummy » August 30th, 2011, 4:25 pm

I'm totally up for some voice acting. If you're interested, shoot me a PM and I'll tell you the kinds of voices I can do, along with any samples you'd like to hear.

Unfortunately, I don't think I can help too much with scriptwriting at the moment (I'm a little bit super-busy), but I can definitely do some proof-reading and throw out some suggestions.

My recommendation is that you get everybody involved to download Skype or something. It'd make the whole process a lot easier.
SushiGummy

Postby Tailsgod » August 30th, 2011, 4:36 pm

SushiGummy wrote:I'm totally up for some voice acting. If you're interested, shoot me a PM and I'll tell you the kinds of voices I can do, along with any samples you'd like to hear.

Unfortunately, I don't think I can help too much with scriptwriting at the moment (I'm a little bit super-busy), but I can definitely do some proof-reading and throw out some suggestions.

My recommendation is that you get everybody involved to download Skype or something. It'd make the whole process a lot easier.

Thats a very good idea, the skype thing, as soon as I know the crew who is working on this I will see if that can work
Tailsgod

Postby CityBreak » August 31st, 2011, 6:03 pm

Can I audition for Riley aswell?
CityBreak

Postby Tailsgod » August 31st, 2011, 9:59 pm

sure let me send you the audition script
Tailsgod

Re: Voices, script writers, ect. needed for Cartoon (STILL OPEN)

Postby Tailsgod » September 6th, 2011, 5:58 pm

Hey, anyone who I sent an audition script to who hasn't sent back their audition, I would appreciate if you could get them to me
Tailsgod

Postby CityBreak » September 9th, 2011, 5:40 pm

haven't got round to sending anything yet due to being burried under with school work
CityBreak

Postby Tailsgod » September 17th, 2011, 4:36 pm

Guys auditions are STILL open
... in fact noone has sent me an audition yet except Reini... I need more people people
Tailsgod

Postby Fav Alls » September 21st, 2011, 4:57 pm

So how's the project coming along? Just curious, especially with your last post on this thread.
Fav Alls

Next

Return to Creative Collaboration