Comic question

Discuss the art of creating art here. Share tutorials and tips with your fellow comic creators.

Comic question

Postby Pidgeot Slayer » April 25th, 2019, 11:12 pm

I have seeen on YouTube some videos and those videos are movies that people make from a games called "gacha life", "gacha studio" and "gacha verse" and I was wondering if it is possible and if it it s good idea to use those apps to make comics since people do make videos/movies from them.

I have never used them before and only have seen videos.
Pidgeot Slayer

Re: Comic question

Postby eishiya » April 26th, 2019, 10:11 am

It's possible, but you'd still have to find and learn a graphics program to put the generated artwork into a comic. A program like ComiPo might be better, since it lets you do speech bubbles and panels too.

Is it a good idea? I'd say no. You'd end up with a generic-looking comic that might not be able to show everything you'd like to show due to the program's limitations. Even ComiPo has this problem, there's just no substitute for drawing whatever you want to draw. I think it would be worth the effort to draw and learn. It might take you more time to reach a base drawing level that matches these programs, but you can exceed them quickly after that, and even while you're still inexperienced, you can have unique and more interesting artwork than they can provide.
eishiya

Postby Pidgeot Slayer » April 26th, 2019, 6:35 pm

I will be unable to draw digitaly and on paper.

I think you misunderstood becouse if you look it up you will see that gacha life is this https://lunime.fandom.com/wiki/Gacha_Life.

But do you know any other comic methods instead of drawing?

And can screenshots of a game make a screenshot comic?
Pidgeot Slayer

Postby eishiya » April 26th, 2019, 6:44 pm

Your avatar was drawn, so I thought you had the ability to draw. My apologies, I thought it was your artwork (or, if it is your artwork, that you still have the tools to create more like it).

I don't misunderstand Gacha Life. As I said, it's very limited, and you'd still need some way to actually create the comic (manipulate the artwork so you can have all the poses you need, create pages with panels, add speech bubbles and dialogue, etc), so you'd need to use something like the GIMP, Photoshop, Clip Studio Paint, ProCreate, etc. Even if you don't need to draw the artwork, you still need to do some image editing to make the comic. I suggested ComiPo as a possibility since that's a program that both replaces drawing (it gives you 3D character models you can manipulate to form your panels) and gives you the tools to create comic pages with panels, speech bubbles, effects, etc. However, ComiPo is extremely limited in the models it provides and what you can do with them, so that's something to keep in mind ):

You could create a comic with screenshots from games, photos of Legos or dolls, anything! As long as you can arrange the images into comic pages, anything works! However, you should make sure you can actually use the artwork if it's something created by others (as is the case with the vast majority of games and things like Gacha Life). It's wrong to use other people's artwork without permission, and most games' licences don't allow such derivative works.

You could also create your own art as pixel art, as you do in your current comic, if you still have access to the tools for that.
eishiya

Postby Pidgeot Slayer » April 26th, 2019, 8:52 pm

Well I can draw but it will take me time to update and stuff but I will try.
Pidgeot Slayer

Return to Art Tutorials & Techniques