OBSCURUS | Horror . Urban Fantasy

Blatantly advertise your comic here. One post/bump per month allowed.
Forum rules
Self-Promotion Rules

1) You may make ONE thread per comic. Not a new thread every month, not a new thread every bump, not a new thread for each author of the comic. ONE thread. That's it.

2) You may bump once a month. A "bump" is when you post in your own thread in order to send it to the top of the topic listings. The initial topic, updates, news, contests, and all other types of promotional information count as bumps. Also, if your comic has multiple authors, your thread is not entitled to multiple bumps (i.e. one from each author).

3) One conversational response per day. You may make one post per day in response to new comments left by visitors to your thread. Again, if your comic has multiple authors, your thread is not entitled to multiple thread responses (i.e. one from each author). If necessary, pick a single spokesperson for your Self-Promotion thread.

OBSCURUS | Horror . Urban Fantasy

Postby ScaryCircus » March 26th, 2016, 5:36 pm

Obscurus - Rude Awakening is the beginning of a tale about Khan O'Mara, a so called Protector of supernatural beings and mythical creatures. He solves their problems, investigates, explaines, protects and punishes - in a nutshell, he's a busy guy, because keeping the hidden folk hidden is no easy job.
Khan himself is a being of magic - more by accident then anything else.

In this first adventure Khan has to sweep up behind the misbehavior of a young mage and finds strange things going on in the place where he lives... and in his mind.
http://obscurus.smackjeeves.com/

Obscurus on tumblr: http://obscuruscomic.tumblr.com/

I'd love welcoming you to "Obscurus"! If you enjoyed the read, please support me on my other social media:
DA: http://schlach-uffn-kopp.deviantart.com/

tumblr: http://scarycircus.tumblr.com/

twitter: @Gruselzirkus
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
banner.jpg
banner.jpg (18.79 KiB) Viewed 544 times
ScaryCircus

Re: OBSCURUS | Horror . Urban Fantasy

Postby eishiya » March 26th, 2016, 6:07 pm

I'd like to give this a read because the art and mood look good, but the text is really difficult to read and I prefer to avoid eye strain. That font doesn't read well at that small size.
You should either use slightly larger lettering, or use a font that works better at that size, something with more consistent thickness. A third option would be to post your pages larger, but I think their size is good as-is, since pages read best when the reader can see at least most of the page without scrolling. If you haven't lettered too many pages already, I think changing something about your lettering would be the best option.
eishiya

Postby ScaryCircus » January 15th, 2017, 3:22 pm

Hi! Sorry that I respond after such long time, I haven't a note or something that you posted and should have probably checked.
Thanks for the critique! I already figured it out for myself and changed it in the print version, I haven't had the time yet to re-upload the pages. On a larger scale the font is actually nice to read.
Also a huge thank you that you were interested in reading it in the first place.
ScaryCircus

Postby Trinket Trance » February 2nd, 2017, 4:09 pm

I note a similar experience with the font and see that you've already addressed it. Cool. I quite like the general vibe of the art so far.
Trinket Trance

Postby ScaryCircus » March 4th, 2017, 8:46 am

Thank you!
Man, I should check this thread more often.
I enlarged the font in chapter 2 and 3, do you notice a difference? Is it better to read now or still hard?
Thanks very much for the feedback. I'm a one-woman-show here, sometimes mistakes just slip through my radar.
ScaryCircus

Postby eishiya » March 4th, 2017, 9:15 am

It's much better now! I can read it without straining <3
Do you have any plans to edit the early pages? If so, I'd rather wait until that's done, but if not, I think the comic might be worth a little eye-strain.
eishiya

Postby ScaryCircus » March 4th, 2017, 8:00 pm

Great! Thank you!
Of course I wanna update the first chapter, the lettering is already updated, but it's still in German. I still have to change the text (which consists only of re-typing because it is already translated), but it has to be done sometime, aarrrgggh XD
I feel flattered that you consider reading it despite torturing your eyes, but I would want you to wait rather then hurting yourself :D
ScaryCircus

Postby ScaryCircus » March 15th, 2017, 2:46 pm

Chapter 1 is now updated! No eyestrain anymore!
ScaryCircus

Return to Self-Promotion