VIGOR MORTIS - supernatural horror & post mortem bureaucracy

Blatantly advertise your comic here. One post/bump per month allowed.
Forum rules
Self-Promotion Rules

1) You may make ONE thread per comic. Not a new thread every month, not a new thread every bump, not a new thread for each author of the comic. ONE thread. That's it.

2) You may bump once a month. A "bump" is when you post in your own thread in order to send it to the top of the topic listings. The initial topic, updates, news, contests, and all other types of promotional information count as bumps. Also, if your comic has multiple authors, your thread is not entitled to multiple bumps (i.e. one from each author).

3) One conversational response per day. You may make one post per day in response to new comments left by visitors to your thread. Again, if your comic has multiple authors, your thread is not entitled to multiple thread responses (i.e. one from each author). If necessary, pick a single spokesperson for your Self-Promotion thread.

VIGOR MORTIS - supernatural horror & post mortem bureaucracy

Postby Vigor Mortis » November 22nd, 2014, 7:36 am

Hi, guys!

I'm Ella, the writer of Vigor Mortis, a supernatural horror graphic novel I've been working on with my friend Jennie (who does the awesome watercolour artwork) since August of this year. Here's the lowdown...

SYNOPSIS
Vigor Mortis is an online supernatural horror graphic novel that follows newly expired Revenant Rip as he tries to carve out a place in the afterlife and, more importantly, find out who – or what – killed him in the first place.

With Reapers, Revenants and Ghosts all existing in a state of uneasy peace and tensions between the Archetypes mounting thanks to the Reaper Organisation’s unrelenting campaign for order, Rip and his (often reluctant) allies must figure out how to survive (in a manner of speaking) while avoiding the attention of supernatural forces whose motives are beyond the understanding of even the afterlife’s most learned scholars...

UPDATE SCHEDULE
We publish pages every Friday, which I release both here on Smack Jeeves and on the Vigor Mortis homepage (which is Tumblr-based, so easily followable if you're interested in seeing more!).

PATREON & EXTRAS
In addition to the comic itself, I also release a leaked Reaper Organisation email every Wednesday, which was unlocked as part of our Patreon. The other milestone bonus extras (all of which you can find here) our awesome patrons have unlocked include:
+ Character-themed cocktail recipes - The first of these has been done and is currently in the process of being tested and prettied up for publication
+ Aural entertainment - We'll be producing a series of short audio stories, sketches and other titbits set in the Vigor Mortis universe on a roughly monthly basis (the first two are currently being scripted and we have some talented voice actor folk lined up for the task)
+ We're also currently only $4 away from patron cameos, which is a pretty neat one!

LINKS
+ Homepage (Tumblr) - http://vigormortis.co.uk/
+ Smack Jeeves - http://vigormortis.smackjeeves.com/
+ Smack Jeeves comic profile - http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=148215
+ Patreon - http://www.patreon.com/VigorMortis

SAMPLE
Here's the first few pages to whet your appetite:
Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Want more? Continue reading here...

Thanks for checking us out, and we hope you enjoy Vigor Mortis!

- Ella & Jennie
Vigor Mortis

Re: VIGOR MORTIS - supernatural horror & post mortem bureaucracy

Postby Tibbittz » November 30th, 2014, 1:56 pm

Sweet bippy, this art is gorgeous. I'm'a go read some pages...
Tibbittz

Postby Tibbittz » December 3rd, 2014, 9:53 pm

...done, and yeah: everyone should be reading this one.
Tibbittz

Postby Disturbed Goth » December 4th, 2014, 12:14 am

Wow! This looks cool! I'll go check it out!
Disturbed Goth

Postby Vigor Mortis » December 6th, 2014, 7:25 pm

Just saw these replies!

Tibbittz wrote:...done, and yeah: everyone should be reading this one.

Thank you again :D

Disturbed Goth wrote:Wow! This looks cool! I'll go check it out!

Cheers :)
Vigor Mortis

Postby Vigor Mortis » January 2nd, 2015, 9:37 pm

JANUARY 2015 UPDATE
Hi, guys!

Our biggest bit of news is probably that we've just finished chapter one, with chapter two set to kick off next Friday!

Edit: You can start reading chapter two here!

The Vigor Mortis Patreon is also doing well - we had our our first round of patron cameos a few pages back, with this milestone reward also about to return for round two in a few dollars' time if you fancy getting involved.

New to Vigor Mortis? Start reading here!

Thanks for reading - let us know what you think of the comic so far!

- Ella & Jennie
Last edited by Vigor Mortis on March 3rd, 2015, 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vigor Mortis

Postby Vigor Mortis » February 3rd, 2015, 7:52 am

FEBRUARY 2015 UPDATE
Hi, everyone!

Chapter two is now in full swing - we've even had some new characters join the fray!

Meanwhile, over at the Vigor Mortis Patreon we're steadily approarching the terrible, terrible fan fiction milestone goal (which I'm both excited and scared about), plus tomorrow we'll be announcing a very special Valentine's Day treat that patrons will get an exclusive say in! All will become clear tomorrow, but here's a clue:

Edit: And here it is!

Fancy checking Vigor Mortis out? Start reading on Smack Jeeves here!

Thanks for reading!

- Ella & Jennie
Vigor Mortis

Postby Vigor Mortis » March 3rd, 2015, 4:20 pm

MARCH 2015 UPDATE
Hello again!

Things are starting to go down in chapter two...

The Vigor Mortis Patreon is still ticking along nicely - we should hopefully be getting round to having the characters answer some more patron questions as well as catching up on our other Patreon goodies this week!

Oh, and in case you didn't catch it, this is what our Patreon patrons inflicted on Ms Slate (and to a lesser extent Merle) for Valentine's Day:

Want to check Vigor Mortis out? Start reading from the beginning on Smack Jeeves here!

Thanks for reading!

- Ella & Jennie
Vigor Mortis

Postby Vigor Mortis » April 4th, 2015, 9:53 am

APRIL 2015 UPDATE
It's us again!

Recent pages have seen our cameoing Patreon patrons being rather mean...

PATREON
We just hit the terrible, terrible fan fiction milestone goal on the Vigor Mortis Patreon! We're aiming to have these published by the end of the long Easter weekend so prepare yourself. We also have the making of the first Vigor Mortis cocktails finally scheduled in for next week and the audio titbits are continuing to be worked on (it turns out getting these done is more fiddly than we anticipated).

The next cameo milestone goal isn't far away, so be sure to sign up for your chance at seeing your face in Vigor Mortis!

Mr Pierce was also asked a question by one of our patrons since our last update (his face when below) - find the written part of his answer here!

APRIL FOOL'S DAY
We announced a Vigor Mortis visual novel for April Fool's Day - you can see the "WIP screenshot" in its full glory below!

TOPWEBCOMICS.COM
We just listed Vigor Mortis here so make sure you sling us a vote if you're enjoying the comic!

Intrigued? Start from the beginning here!

Thanks for reading!

- Ella & Jennie
Vigor Mortis

Postby SweetIngenuity » April 4th, 2015, 3:53 pm

You had me at "post mortem bureaucracy", but the art is also great and the writing keeps my attention. Awesome comic, I'll definitely be reading along :)
SweetIngenuity

Postby Vigor Mortis » April 5th, 2015, 3:44 am

SweetIngenuity wrote:You had me at "post mortem bureaucracy", but the art is also great and the writing keeps my attention. Awesome comic, I'll definitely be reading along :)

Thank you!

We hope you continue to enjoy the comic :D
Vigor Mortis

Postby Vigor Mortis » May 5th, 2015, 3:07 pm

MAY 2015 UPDATE
Hi, folks!

Things have started going less well for one of our cameoing Patreon patrons thanks to this creepy guy...

PATREON
We published the terrible, terrible fan fiction anthology - 50 Shades of Slate - over at the Vigor Mortis Patreon last month - you can read it in its full, horrific entirety here (and check out a preview of Jennie's accompanying doodles below).

Hot.

We also released the first Vigor Mortis cocktail - find out how to make a Mr Pierce's Prickly Purée here (the photo below should be enough to tempt you to try!).

The next milestone goal on the agenda is a classified Reaper document (an as detailed-as-spoilers-permit in-character document on a topic chosen by patrons with illustrations by Jennie where appropriate) followed by even more cameos, so sign up if you fancy supporting the comic and want to help unlock even more cool stuff!

TOPWEBCOMICS.COM
Remember to sling us a vote at TopWebcomics.com if you're enjoying the comic!

New to Vigor Mortis? Start reading on Smack Jeeves here!

Thanks for reading!

- Ella & Jennie
Vigor Mortis

Postby Vigor Mortis » June 12th, 2015, 6:40 pm

JUNE 2015 UPDATE
Hi, guys!

We're now more than half way through this chapter, and Outpost 23's Revenants sure seem to know how to make the new guy feel welcome...

PATREON
We hit the $100 milestone over at the Vigor Mortis Patreon, and so as promised we produced a piece of cheesecake (and/or beefcake) art for our awesome supporters to celebrate!

The voting ended up in a tie between Cosh and Aloysius, which resulted in the following fine predicament:

Sorry (not sorry), Aloysius!

The next milestone goal remains the classified in-character Reaper document and even more patron cameos, so be sure to sign up if you want to help us out and get everyone closer to unlocking some nifty extras!

TOPWEBCOMICS.COM
Enjoying Vigor Mortis enough to spare us one of your valuable clicks? If so, please consider voting for us over at TopWebcomics.com!

Brand spanking new to the comic? Start reading on Smack Jeeves here!

Thanks for reading!

- Ella & Jennie
Vigor Mortis

Postby Vigor Mortis » July 16th, 2015, 5:52 pm

JULY 2015 UPDATE
Hi again, folks!

Rip has been learning about the facts of [un]life in recent pages...

PATREON
The Vigor Mortis Patreon is still ticking along nicely.

Don't worry if you aren't able to contribute - just spreading the word is equally awesome!

Unfortunately Jennie has been super busy lately, but she did manage to do some work on the fan fiction doodles:

Sign up if you want to help support Vigor Mortis and get access to cool patron-only perks!

SOCIAL MEDIA
In case you didn't already know, Vigor Mortis is on Facebook, Twitter, DeviantArt and Tumblr, so make sure to follow for WIPs, updates and other cool stuff.

TOPWEBCOMICS.COM
As always, if you're enjoying the comic, please spare a moment of your time to vote for us over at TopWebcomics.com!

Thanks for reading!

- Ella & Jennie
Vigor Mortis

Postby Vigor Mortis » September 29th, 2015, 6:51 pm

SEPTEMBER 2015 UPDATE
Hi, guys!

Chapter two came to a close this month!

PATREON
I've written a massive update post over on the Vigor Mortis Patreon - click here to head on over and read it!

The TLDR is that next month we'll be printing the very first physical copies of Vigor Mortis (yay!), page production will be going down as a result (boo!) but we'll also be soing lots of fun stuff to make up for this (including introducing a shiny new Halloween cheesecake milestone goal), so be sure to keep an eye on the Vigor Mortis Patreon for all the latest updates (and consider becoming a patron yourself if you've been enjoying the comic - we've only managed to get this far thanks to the support of awesome people like you!).

As always, if you don't have the dollars to spare, don't worry - you can help us out for free by simply spreading the word about Vigor Mortis!

SOCIAL MEDIA
In addition to our usual slew of social media offerings, this month we also launched Reaper Ops, a Vigor Mortis Tumblr dedicated to all non-comic-page stuff like WIPs, fan art, extras and creator ramblings - check it out here!

TOPWEBCOMICS.COM
Like the comic? Sling us a vote here!

Thank you for reading and supporting the comic!

- Ella & Jennie
Vigor Mortis

Return to Self-Promotion