Tangled River- A Graphic Novel

Blatantly advertise your comic here. One post/bump per month allowed.
Forum rules
Self-Promotion Rules

1) You may make ONE thread per comic. Not a new thread every month, not a new thread every bump, not a new thread for each author of the comic. ONE thread. That's it.

2) You may bump once a month. A "bump" is when you post in your own thread in order to send it to the top of the topic listings. The initial topic, updates, news, contests, and all other types of promotional information count as bumps. Also, if your comic has multiple authors, your thread is not entitled to multiple bumps (i.e. one from each author).

3) One conversational response per day. You may make one post per day in response to new comments left by visitors to your thread. Again, if your comic has multiple authors, your thread is not entitled to multiple thread responses (i.e. one from each author). If necessary, pick a single spokesperson for your Self-Promotion thread.

Tangled River- A Graphic Novel

Postby snowshadow » November 23rd, 2014, 9:58 am

http://tangled-river.webcomic.ws/files/ ... mage-s.jpg

Hi you guys-

I'm pretty new to this game, Tangled River is my first attempt at an original webcomic. I've spent a lot of time writing the whole story (it's very long) and as of now I've got 24 pages done. I'm going to stick with a once a week Monday update schedule until I get way ahead on finished pages, which may be never because I'm pretty slow.

I'm terrible at self-promotion and even worse at figuring out how to do fancy things on the computer. So when it comes to flashy animated banners and stuff it ain't gonna happen unless someone is willing to help me. My comic too isn't going to be really flashy and action oriented. I myself like stories that develop slowly and are focused on character. I also don't want to give away too much about the story, so I guess I'm hoping there'll be some patient readers out there who like trying to figure out what's going on rather than being told up front.

I guess you'd categorize this comic as Young Adult, and it's G rated. I supposed the intended audience is girls but I hope anyone could enjoy it.

Here's the link to Tangled River:
http://tangled-river.smackjeeves.com/

I guess this thread is supposed to be about me too, but I'm going to keep the focus on the comic. I can say that I live half the time in the U.S. and half the time in Italy, and I might even try doing a version of the comic in Italian someday, even though my grammar isn't great. I'm a fan of Love and Rockets, Acme Novelty Library, Amelia Rules, Megatokyo, Multiple Warheads, Sandman, and anything Amanda Connor draws. I studied art in school, not that you could tell. I write songs and plays.

I'm always looking for good webcomics to follow, so if you've got something on this site to recommend let me know.

Bye for now.
snowshadow

Re: Tangled River- A Graphic Novel

Postby snowshadow » March 7th, 2015, 4:23 pm

Hi, this is me doing my first bump.

Over four months in and I've got 18 pages of Tangled River up on the site. I've gone back and done some redrawing and recoloring on the earlier pages, and I'm still figuring out how to draw Licorice's hair. I just went back and recolored her clothes, realizing that she wouldn't wear cool colors like blue. I've been trying to keep Tanya and Licorices relative heights consistent. The plot is slowly unfolding, though at this point I think it would be hard to guess what direction the story is going. Anyone want to give it a try?

snowshadow

Tangled River Page 16-xs.jpg
Tangled River Page 16
(516.17 KiB) Not downloaded yet
snowshadow

Postby snowshadow » April 18th, 2015, 5:12 pm

Bump!
snowshadow

Postby snowshadow » June 4th, 2015, 5:40 am

Bump. I'm up to Page 31 and getting to the point where the plot it starting to come together. I hope you check it out.
snowshadow

Postby snowshadow » July 9th, 2015, 8:46 am

Bump. Tangled River is up to Page 36.

snowshadow

Re: Tangled River

Postby snowshadow » August 10th, 2015, 4:08 am

Bump. Here's the latest page:

snowshadow

Postby snowshadow » September 16th, 2015, 6:59 am

Bump. Here's the latest Tangled River page. The plot thickens.

snowshadow

Postby snowshadow » October 9th, 2015, 7:06 am

Bump. I'm getting near the one year anniversary of Tangled River, and i've managed to keep up the page a week schedule without a miss. Here's Page 49:

http://tangled-river.webcomic.ws/
snowshadow

Postby snowshadow » November 11th, 2015, 11:03 am

Bump. It's the 1 year anniversary of Tangled River here on Smack Jeeves. Here's the latest page:

snowshadow

Postby snowshadow » December 12th, 2015, 8:25 am

Bump. I've been slowly developing the characters and the setting, and now we're really getting into the plot. Here's Page 58, the latest page of Tangled River:

snowshadow

Postby snowshadow » January 14th, 2016, 8:17 am

Bump. Here's the latest page of Tangled River.

snowshadow

Postby snowshadow » February 12th, 2016, 3:49 am

Bump. Here's Page 67 of Tangled River, a sci-fi graphic novel.

snowshadow

Postby snowshadow » March 16th, 2016, 8:31 am

Bump. Here's Page 72 of Tangled River.

snowshadow

Postby snowshadow » April 14th, 2016, 5:56 am

Bump. Here's the latest Tangled River page.

snowshadow

Postby snowshadow » May 10th, 2016, 2:44 pm

Bump. Tangled River is up to Page 80, and it's getting pretty near the end of Book One. If you like character-driven SF give it a try.

Here's the latest page:

snowshadow

Next

Return to Self-Promotion