Black Dram, sort-of horror!

Blatantly advertise your comic here. One post/bump per month allowed.
Forum rules
Self-Promotion Rules

1) You may make ONE thread per comic. Not a new thread every month, not a new thread every bump, not a new thread for each author of the comic. ONE thread. That's it.

2) You may bump once a month. A "bump" is when you post in your own thread in order to send it to the top of the topic listings. The initial topic, updates, news, contests, and all other types of promotional information count as bumps. Also, if your comic has multiple authors, your thread is not entitled to multiple bumps (i.e. one from each author).

3) One conversational response per day. You may make one post per day in response to new comments left by visitors to your thread. Again, if your comic has multiple authors, your thread is not entitled to multiple thread responses (i.e. one from each author). If necessary, pick a single spokesperson for your Self-Promotion thread.

Black Dram, sort-of horror!

Postby eishiya » February 24th, 2016, 8:17 pm

I have a comic, and it probably needs some advertising, since it doesn't look like many people know it exists!

Black Dram is a comic about a few residents of the city Dunnin, whose lives are connected through the flesh-eating monsters that also inhabit the city.

There are monsterdoggies!

The comic is a fairly brisk read, so if you have a moment, please check it out!

And if you're the kind of person who likes giving money to strangers on the Internet: I have a Patreon page which helps me keep the comic going. I'd love to be able to focus entirely on the comic, so I can update more frequently.
eishiya

Re: Black Dram, sort-of horror!

Postby Nightray2002 » March 1st, 2016, 2:38 pm

ADAPTs Running Strips.jpg
(381.19 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Don't get to stop through and check out all the offerings from the sites where I also place and promote stuff but I like the 'feeling' of Black Dram. Do wish it updated more frequently but as a creator trying to do the same, I completely understand.
Nightray2002

Postby eishiya » March 1st, 2016, 3:45 pm

Would you mind not posting your own stuff outside of your own threads and your signature? It's against the rules, but mostly it's just impolite.

Thank you for your comment! I'd like to update more frequently too - not too much, 3 pages a week sounds like a good compromise between telling the story quickly and not overwhelming readers with updates. Hopefully with time I'll have more supporters on Patreon and be able to afford to make that happen.
eishiya

Postby Ddraigeneth » March 9th, 2016, 9:08 pm

I like it, and it's pretty, and I want to know more.

Ddraigeneth

Postby eishiya » March 10th, 2016, 10:56 am

Ddraigeneth wrote:I like it, and it's pretty, and I want to know more.

That's the best thing an author can hear :'D Thanks!
eishiya

Postby eishiya » March 30th, 2016, 6:40 pm

March bumpity! Chapter 2's about halfway done.
eishiya

Postby Bobblit » April 8th, 2016, 6:45 am

I just read through the archives! :D

I have a question that's got me confused: is the setting supposed to be the "real" world, even if with werewolves and such, or is it a different world altogether?
Bobblit

Postby eishiya » April 8th, 2016, 9:53 am

Bobblit wrote:I just read through the archives! :D

I have a question that's got me confused: is the setting supposed to be the "real" world, even if with werewolves and such, or is it a different world altogether?

I'm sorry for the confusion! I guess I didn't think anyone would care enough about the setting to be confused xP

It's a fictional world, Earth with an alternate history that has gone similarly enough to be recognizable, differently enough to for things to be as you see them in that story. One of my favourite "big" changes is going to be relevant in the next chapter, I'm looking forward to that.
eishiya

Postby Bobblit » April 10th, 2016, 8:39 am

Ah, that's interesting! To be honest, I would have thought from the beginning it was a completely fictional world, but the uniforms had such a Scotland Yard vibe that I wasn't sure.

I'll keep reading! Now I want to know what those changes are :D
Bobblit

Postby Oly-RRR » May 3rd, 2016, 12:01 am

Just finished catching up and really enjoyed both story and art! :mrgreen: And I thought bumping the thread was the least I could do wait it's not a real bump since it's not my thread but- er- you know what I mean- just wanted to say something nice here! :)
My problem would rock your world. - Sam Tyler
Oly-RRR

Postby eishiya » May 3rd, 2016, 8:33 am

Oly-RRR wrote:Just finished catching up and really enjoyed both story and art! :mrgreen: And I thought bumping the thread was the least I could do wait it's not a real bump since it's not my thread but- er- you know what I mean- just wanted to say something nice here! :)

Keeping the thread afloat with just chatty bumps instead of monthly proper-bumps is much more interesting anyway!

I stayed up late a couple of nights reading your comments as you were making them. Not last night though, so I'll go read them now <3
eishiya

Postby eishiya » May 18th, 2016, 11:26 am

An actual bump! The flashback is over and we're back to the present. But not for long - we're back into the (more distant) past with the next chapter, which will start next month.
eishiya

Postby eishiya » June 25th, 2016, 10:59 pm

June bump!
Chapter 3 has started and there was a double-page update this week!
eishiya

Postby eishiya » July 25th, 2016, 6:55 pm

July bump!

Apparently werewolves are a thing.
eishiya

Postby Tacbot Unit-89 » July 26th, 2016, 12:15 am

I can dig it!
Sonic-ock wrote:good euphemisms for taking a poop I've heard recently, Busting a Nugget and Making Bears.
Tacbot Unit-89

Next

Return to Self-Promotion