Stale (Cartoon / Depressing / Comedic / Unrealistic)

Blatantly advertise your comic here. One post/bump per month allowed.
Forum rules
Self-Promotion Rules

1) You may make ONE thread per comic. Not a new thread every month, not a new thread every bump, not a new thread for each author of the comic. ONE thread. That's it.

2) You may bump once a month. A "bump" is when you post in your own thread in order to send it to the top of the topic listings. The initial topic, updates, news, contests, and all other types of promotional information count as bumps. Also, if your comic has multiple authors, your thread is not entitled to multiple bumps (i.e. one from each author).

3) One conversational response per day. You may make one post per day in response to new comments left by visitors to your thread. Again, if your comic has multiple authors, your thread is not entitled to multiple thread responses (i.e. one from each author). If necessary, pick a single spokesperson for your Self-Promotion thread.

Stale (Cartoon / Depressing / Comedic / Unrealistic)

Postby SketchLines » March 13th, 2016, 3:03 pm

Hey there folks :) I just recently started updating a comic of mine called "Stale". In this story the reader sees the world through the perspective of Simon, an unlucky, lonely, depressed, alcoholic, scared, jobless loser. He lives in A Certain City in an apartment complex filled with scumbags, convicts and other losers. One day, Simon is kidnapped by a group of people and is offered a job that he can't refuse: a job as a watchdog, to clean up the streets. To get rid of crime. (Totally not inspired by Batman to a degree =3=') Basically, I'm putting an anti-social person through situations that he'd rather avoid. Social conflicts, a job that requires his 100 percent, etc. I thought it would be kind of fun... and it kind of is =w=.

Now this comic is probably filled to the brim with plot holes and what not xD. I'ts pretty unrealistic (it's supposed to be) and somewhat comedic, at least to me.

Webcomic Profile: http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=158306
SketchLines

Re: Stale (Cartoon / Depressing / Comedic / Unrealistic)

Postby SketchLines » June 3rd, 2016, 5:31 am

I've never bumped before... and don't even know if this is the right way to do it... but... bump :p
SketchLines

Postby eishiya » June 3rd, 2016, 9:58 am

You're doing it right! There's also a tiny "Bump topic" link at the bottom of the page that you can use to bump your own threads, but a full post is usually more interesting, because you can say something funny or mention some news about the comic.
eishiya

Postby TheFunTrain » July 9th, 2017, 5:26 am

Wasn't there a post asking for feedback on your comic? I started composing a reply but I got tired and saved a draft for later but now the post is gone. Your comic is interesting and deserves a chance! It is generally light-hearted, self aware, and has an art style somewhat less common SJ.

Aaand now I seem to have accidentally deleted most of my saved drafts. GG
TheFunTrain

Return to Self-Promotion