*Attention All Mario/Zelda Fans - This Is LoMK!!!

Blatantly advertise your comic here. One post/bump per month allowed.
Forum rules
Self-Promotion Rules

1) You may make ONE thread per comic. Not a new thread every month, not a new thread every bump, not a new thread for each author of the comic. ONE thread. That's it.

2) You may bump once a month. A "bump" is when you post in your own thread in order to send it to the top of the topic listings. The initial topic, updates, news, contests, and all other types of promotional information count as bumps. Also, if your comic has multiple authors, your thread is not entitled to multiple bumps (i.e. one from each author).

3) One conversational response per day. You may make one post per day in response to new comments left by visitors to your thread. Again, if your comic has multiple authors, your thread is not entitled to multiple thread responses (i.e. one from each author). If necessary, pick a single spokesperson for your Self-Promotion thread.

*Attention All Mario/Zelda Fans - This Is LoMK!!!

Postby Thriller Man » October 14th, 2009, 9:58 am

Yo yo yo wassup!!

This is yo boy Andrew, aka the Thriller Man, coming on SmackJeeves with the first of his monthly promotions. Any big fans of Mario or Zelda games out there? Well, I've been working on a graphic novel for quite some time. This is my second year working on it, believe it or not, however, it has been approximately 2 months since I've given the comic a site here in smackjeeves.

The name of my comic is called The Legend of Mushroom Kingdom (LoMK). To put it simply, this is a Mario and Zelda crossover fanfic. The purpose of this comic is pretty simple - to give my perspective on what it would be like if the two worlds of Nintendo's biggest franchises collide. Mario and Zelda are my favorite video game franchises, and I've been wanting to do this for quite a while now. Unfortunately, the comic isn't in color, but each and every page have been hand-drawn with nice pencil art and I tried to put a lot of quality in it even though it's not in color. I may color it eventually, but in the meantime, the storyline, the action, and the characters that you all know and love will all be involved in what I hope to be a great fanfic. For those of you who haven't seen it yet, give it a read and see what you think.

Here's the link
http://lomk.smackjeeves.com/

Hope you enjoy :mrgreen:
Thriller Man

Re: *Attention All Mario/Zelda Fans - This Is LoMK!!!

Postby Thriller Man » November 14th, 2009, 4:10 pm

Yo yo yo wassup!!

Well, peeps, it's officially been a month since I made the thread, so I figured I'd give this thread a bump. As some of you may be aware, I've been updating on my graphic novel, The Legend of Mushroom Kingdom. You may have read this from the first comment, but this is generally a crossover fanfictional comic between the Super Mario and Legend of Zelda worlds. To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure how good your computers are able to show the quality of this comic, but each page has been hand-drawn with pencil art. I tried to make the characters as detailed as possible as far as design and personality. The characters that all Nintendo fans know and love are enduring in an adventure like never before.

I've been drawing for a very long time, and I always wanted to see a good Mario/Zelda fanfic on the web, so in this comic, I'm making it a reality. So far, this comic has 102 pages (3 title pages and 99 comic pages). And currently, it has 67 fans. I've also added some additional things to my webcomic's site, such as a Character Profile page (which is finally completed for the time being) and a Concepts page, which shows some of my concept art and where I've received my ideas. There's also a Links page. If you have a comic that I really like, then chances are I may include it in my site and help promote your comic. I'm starting to get a lot of questions as far as where I've been getting my ideas for storyline and design, so I may throw in a FAQs page in my site as well.

If you are a Mario or Zelda fan, I strongly encourage that you give this comic a read if you have the time. Who knows... you may like it. So far, fans have loved the artwork and the story. I've been updating the site pretty much each day (a page a day currently), and I may be working on it for a while. It's a four-part comic with an epilogue, and I'm near the end of part 2 as we speak. If you like, you can take a look at the other custom pages I have as well. It may take some time to decorate the site, though, being that I'm still kinda new to smackjeeves, but until then, I hope you peeps enjoy my work. :mrgreen:

Once again, here's the link to my site:
http://lomk.smackjeeves.com
Thriller Man

Postby Thriller Man » December 14th, 2009, 3:55 pm

MONTHLY BUMP TIME!!!

What's up, peeps. Andrew, aka the Thriller Man here, giving his comic another bump for the month of December. The Legend of Mushroom Kingdom. (LoMK)

A lot of things have been going on within the month. For one thing, my comic has a new banner. And believe me, it needed one. Secondly, the comic now has 94 fans... which is pretty cool. I never thought so many people would enjoy my work. It really means a lot. :mrgreen: Thank you to all LoMK fans. Also, I have just made a Q&A page. Got a question that you want me to put on the comic's Q&A page? You can message me via the private messages or even this thread if you like.

Check out the link by clicking the banner on my sig. Thanks again, peeps. Much love :mrgreen:
Thriller Man

Postby Thriller Man » January 16th, 2010, 1:40 pm

BUMP TIME!!

What's up, everybody. I hope you've all had a good holiday and a Happy New Year.

With this being my first bump of the year, let me start by saying how much I really appreciate your support for the comic. It means so much. This comic has been receiving mostly good recognition as far as art and storyline. Right now, my comic has 113 fans. It's pretty incredible.

I'm sure you guys may have read from the previous bumps, but The Legend of Mushroom Kingdom (LoMK) is a Mario/Zelda crossover fanfic. The whole comic has been pencil-drawn for the time being.

Many people have made suggestions on Smackjeeves. Some related to how to draw fans. I try to update my comic at least once a week. Sometimes, I update it every other day. Also, there have been people talking to me about coloring and/or darkening the comic. I have taken that into consideration and it's not confirmed of whether or not this comic will be colored. I really would like to finish the whole entire comic before I start coloring it (that is... if I decide to). I've gotten mostly great compliments on my art. On one of my recent pages, many people noted that throughout comic, the characters' teeth looked awkward. One mentioned that it's because I always emphasize the teeth and don't always draw all of the teeth as one, as seen in cartoons and manga. Reasons for that may be because I've been drawing portraits for years and I'm used to drawing teeth on people. That's just a habit I have. Of course, considering if characters were small, then emphasizing teeth would be difficult... then I wouldn't have a choice. But my art is mostly influenced by realism. If I always drew teeth as one, sorry to say, but it could ruin my general style. I will emphasize teeth in the comic, but at the same time, try not to make it look awkward. Truth be told, that's the biggest issue involving my art. It's a very minor issue, to be honest. Despite this teeth issue, the story has proven to be something enjoyed by all who have read it, and as the story progresses, hopefully the teeth issue won't ruin the excitement.

I've completed many pages that shall be uploaded later. My comic has 4 Parts and an Epilogue... and right now, I'm on Part 3. Part 3 contains the most fight scenes in the comic. I even have a few OC's that have made appearances in the comic. If anyone have any questions that concerns the plot (or the characters) in my story, I have a Q/A page in my site that will contain answers. If you want your question and answer publicly displayed in my Q/A page, you can send me your question as a Private Message in my mailbox or you can type your question here in this thread. I will accept any question only on two conditions:
-The question is not offensive towards me or my work.
-It doesn't relate to what happens in the future (because that would ruin the surprises I have).
For any of you who would like to give my comic a read, just click my banner in my sig.

Thank you again, everybody. I hope that you continue to enjoy my comic. :mrgreen:
Thriller Man

Postby Thriller Man » February 18th, 2010, 4:31 pm

BUMP TIME AGAIN!!

What's up, everybody. The comic seems to be doing well. It actually made the Comic Spotlight, which is pretty impressive. If anyone hasn't checked out the comic, it may be worth the read.

I have future plans with it, but I'm not completely sure how much I'm going to do with it. I've been pretty busy with school and trying to graduate and stuff, which is why the updates aren't as rapid as they should be. I update the comic on a weekly basis on average, in case anyone's wondering my update routine. Anyways, once again, thanks for your support, fans. I hope you continue to enjoy my work. If you wanna check it out, just click on the banner on my sig.

Take care, everyone :mrgreen:
Thriller Man

Postby Thriller Man » May 17th, 2010, 7:54 pm

And so, ladies and gentlemen... for the first time in three months...

IT'S BUMPING TIME!!!!!!!!

And here's some more news for you. School's out for us college people... and it may be out for a while with me since I've graduated :mrgreen: So you know what that means, right? You guessed it!! You might be seeing more updates than usual. Thank you all for supporting this comic. I'll be sure to make "Thank-you" comment in one of my comic's updates so that I can leave shout-outs, so keep a sharp eye on that.

Much love.
Thriller Man

Postby Thriller Man » June 18th, 2010, 11:36 am

BUMP TIME!!!!

Yes, come one come all. Tell your friends!! Tell your FRIEND'S friends!!! It 's a Mario/Zelda crossover fancomic like no other! The Legend of Mushroom Kingdom!! Don't worry, my friends. You haven't missed the best part yet. But it's getting DANGEROUSLY close to it!

The Legend of Mushroom Kingdom, folks! You don't want to miss this one! :mrgreen:
Thriller Man

Postby Thriller Man » July 30th, 2010, 7:19 pm

BUMP!!!

Well, Part 3 is done. I'm going to start uploading Part 4 pages next week. Part 4 of my Mario/Zelda story will contain the climax. Below is a picture to go with this promotion. This is Princess Peach Toadstool as an evil sorceress (Sorceress Peach, if you will). Ganondorf turned her into this by capturing her and brainwashing her into becoming a powerful and loyal apprentice. This is a small part of the plot that I may spoil. If you want to know anything more trivial (such as how she was captured and why Ganondorf captured her), then it's all in the comic. I'm not sure how it gained over 250 fans, but at the very least, the comic's made more progress than I would have imagined. Thanks for your support. Also, this pic will be featured in my Concept Arts page in my site.

Thriller Man

Postby Thriller Man » December 11th, 2010, 8:36 pm

BUMP TIME!!!

As you can see, I have not done a monthly bump in over 4 months, but I think it's about that time. I'm starting to update at least one page a week for the purpose of spending more time with my frames and trying to make my art the best I can possibly make it for the final showdown. I'm currently on Part 4, and the page I'm doing now will be the start of one of the most dramatic fight scenes in the story, which I'm sure the Mario and/or Zelda fans will not want to miss. The story nearly draws to a close as the starring heroes and villains of both the Super Mario and Legend of Zelda worlds collide in one groundbreaking finale.

If you have not had a chance to see this comic, please give it a read. It currently has 294 fans (which is WAY more than I could expect), and the number is very slowly growing. Many of my readers say that the comic's very under-rated and needs more fans, so this bump is definitely an attempt to find more fans. And to be perfectly honest, I understand completely that the pencil style may not be as attractive as the typical ink and/or color style in comics, but I guarantee that I've given each and every frame of the comic great quality. I hope to improve the quality as the comic progresses. And I'm very proud of the story as well. I've put a lot of time and effort on this story for over 2 years, and the reason why I haven't been making bumps for this comic is because I've been doing all I can to make Part 4 the best that I can make it. I've always wanted to see the Super Mario and Zelda franchises combine into one story. Come witness my vision for yourselves and enjoy the read. The link's on my signature.

Oh yeah, one more thing. Have a great Christmas my fellow Smackjeevers. :mrgreen:
Thriller Man

Postby Thriller Man » April 17th, 2011, 6:55 pm

BUMP!!!

Sorry, guys. I haven't bumped in forever on account of work and stuff. Rest assured, I've managed to get at least one page up a week. Check the comic every Saturday for an update. Sometimes, I may update before then, but I generally have a page up once a week.

Right now, I'm at a very intense part of the comic. If you are a Mario or a Zelda fan and you've not read or seen the comic, then this comic should be a real treat. For those who have continued reading, thanks for the support. :mrgreen:
Thriller Man

Postby Thriller Man » December 16th, 2011, 10:34 pm

Haven't bumped the comic in a long LONG time, soooo...

BUMP!!! :P
Thriller Man

Postby Thriller Man » January 22nd, 2012, 10:10 pm

Happy New Year, everybody. Hopefully this wil be a good year for LoMK. Thank you all for the support :)
Thriller Man

Return to Self-Promotion