(ᵔᴥᵔ) DEMONgirls and MEDIEVALfantasy!? -->EMERY<-- (。◕‿‿◕。)

Blatantly advertise your comic here. One post/bump per month allowed.
Forum rules
Self-Promotion Rules

1) You may make ONE thread per comic. Not a new thread every month, not a new thread every bump, not a new thread for each author of the comic. ONE thread. That's it.

2) You may bump once a month. A "bump" is when you post in your own thread in order to send it to the top of the topic listings. The initial topic, updates, news, contests, and all other types of promotional information count as bumps. Also, if your comic has multiple authors, your thread is not entitled to multiple bumps (i.e. one from each author).

3) One conversational response per day. You may make one post per day in response to new comments left by visitors to your thread. Again, if your comic has multiple authors, your thread is not entitled to multiple thread responses (i.e. one from each author). If necessary, pick a single spokesperson for your Self-Promotion thread.

(ᵔᴥᵔ) DEMONgirls and MEDIEVALfantasy!? -->EMERY<-- (。◕‿‿◕。)

Postby teteotolis » January 18th, 2018, 11:46 am

In a world , where magic has been banned ,
a witch's grandson meets a "horrible" demon in the forbidden forest!
What lays before them?

Check it out --> http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=172604
teteotolis

Re: (ᵔᴥᵔ) DEMONgirls and MEDIEVALfantasy!? -->EMERY<-- (。◕‿

Postby eishiya » January 18th, 2018, 12:10 pm

It looks like pages 10-20 are missing? It goes from page 9 to page 21. Oddly, while reading it, it didn't feel like that much was missing, maybe just a page or two.

Aside from that weirdness, the comic's to a great start, and the artwork is beautiful! The characters' interactions are very cute. However, there are a few issues with the text that distracted me and took me out of the story (even more so than the missing pages, weirdly enough):
- The text seems to change size at random. Try to stick to a few fixed, easily distinguishable font sizes, e.g. one for loud yelling, one for very quiet/distant speech, and another for everything else. Or, you could even have one text size for all the bubbles except for the stuff you really need to emphasize, and instead use the bubble placement and shape to communicate the loudness and tone.
- The basic dialogue font on the earliest and latest pages looks a bit too bold and poorly spaced and even a little blurry, making it a bit difficult to read. For example, on page 30, the "li" in "earlier" merge together into a single blob.
- There are some basic proofreading issues, like "forest" misspelled as "forrest" and "Emery" not being capitalized on page 28, and some missing punctuation.
- The font changes are a bit distracting. It's great to experiment with some fonts, but I feel that's better done on some early pages in private, and all the pages uploaded online should have a consistent font.
eishiya

Postby teteotolis » January 18th, 2018, 12:55 pm

Omg xD This wasn't supposed to happen!
Fixing the pages! :lol:
The blob effect on the font is due to small pixel size :/
I need make the font-size bigger on season 2 you are right @eishiya thank you (。◕‿‿◕。)
teteotolis

Postby eishiya » January 18th, 2018, 1:21 pm

Aw, now the pages are gone xP Did you accidentally set pages 21+ to become public too early?

I don't think the text needs to be bigger, the current size is fine (sometimes, it's even too large)! I think it just needs to be a little sharper/thinner (could be a setting in your program, or you could use a different resizing method), and/or you could increase the letter spacing a tiny bit (that should also be an option in the text tool).
eishiya

Postby teteotolis » January 18th, 2018, 2:04 pm

and I will!
... xD in the next chapter tho xD
but I will! :mrgreen:
teteotolis

Return to Self-Promotion