A new comic coming out to you on Kickstarter... AND:

Blatantly advertise your comic here. One post/bump per month allowed.
Forum rules
Self-Promotion Rules

1) You may make ONE thread per comic. Not a new thread every month, not a new thread every bump, not a new thread for each author of the comic. ONE thread. That's it.

2) You may bump once a month. A "bump" is when you post in your own thread in order to send it to the top of the topic listings. The initial topic, updates, news, contests, and all other types of promotional information count as bumps. Also, if your comic has multiple authors, your thread is not entitled to multiple bumps (i.e. one from each author).

3) One conversational response per day. You may make one post per day in response to new comments left by visitors to your thread. Again, if your comic has multiple authors, your thread is not entitled to multiple thread responses (i.e. one from each author). If necessary, pick a single spokesperson for your Self-Promotion thread.

A new comic coming out to you on Kickstarter... AND:

Postby comicsguy1961 » September 17th, 2018, 11:39 pm

Hello. My name is Tim Larsen, artist and writer for Mayfield Eight, which had a tremendous success on Kickstarter last June.
Now I'm ready to tell more of the story:

"A cop wants his drugs. A drug dealer wants him dead."

Summer 1974 Albuquerque. 17 year old Cal Ryder is asked by a friend to go on a road trip to Mexico. Along the way he needs him to take part in a drug deal. Stuck in the crossroads of a life going nowhere, he has the choice to play it safe, or plunge into the unknown. Mayfield Eight is a coming-of-age graphic novel set in the 1970s. It involves biker gangs, the Mexican Cartel, turf wars and crooked cops! In the spirit of Easy Rider and Gone in Sixty Seconds comes a high octane story that pushes the limits of the medium.

... and speaking of Crooked Cops, here's a teaser page pulled from the world of Mayfield Eight centered around the evil underhanded dirt State Trooper Officer Gene Sturgeon undertakes on a daily basis. He's a bad shit.

To sum up:
    Mayfield Eight's a six-part story, with part One funded and published.
    Parts Two and Three are what's going to be showcased this time around on October 1st!
    There will be more cartoons -one pagers- just like this one in the days to come.
    If you DON'T want to hunt around on this forum to see them, then subscribe here. I'll send content directly to you concerning what's going on with this project. All of it is 100% Tim Larsen. And you can unsubscribe at any time.

Thank you very very much for your time, and be sure to keep an eye out for my Kickstarter on October! Cheers, -T
comicsguy1961

A new comic on Kickstarter... AND MAXINE!!

Postby comicsguy1961 » September 21st, 2018, 12:04 am

Hello. My name is Tim Larsen, artist and writer for Mayfield Eight, which had a tremendous success on Kickstarter last June.
Now I'm ready to tell more of the story:

"A cop wants his drugs. A drug dealer wants him dead."

Summer 1974 Albuquerque. 17 year old Cal Ryder is asked by a friend to go on a road trip to Mexico. Along the way he needs him to take part in a drug deal. Stuck in the crossroads of a life going nowhere, he has the choice to play it safe, or plunge into the unknown. Mayfield Eight is a coming-of-age graphic novel set in the 1970s. It involves biker gangs, the Mexican Cartel, turf wars and crooked cops! In the spirit of Easy Rider and Gone in Sixty Seconds comes a high octane story that pushes the limits of the medium.

But for now, I want to give you another teaser page, again torn from the world of Mayfield Eight, namely Albuquerque New Mexico 1974-ish. This time it's the tough biker chick Maxine French, who keeps the names of her ex-(and sometimes deceased)boyfriends' tattooed like so many enemy flags on the side of a fighter plane.

To sum up:
    Mayfield Eight's a six-part story, with part One funded and published.
    Parts Two and Three are what's going to be showcased this time around on October 1st!
    There will be more cartoons -one pagers- just like this one in the days to come.
    If you DON'T want to hunt around on this forum to see them, then subscribe here. I'll send content directly to you concerning what's going on with this project. All of it is 100% Tim Larsen. And you can unsubscribe at any time.
comicsguy1961

Re: A new comic coming out to you on Kickstarter... AND:

Postby eishiya » September 21st, 2018, 7:18 am

You are allowed one Self-Promotion thread per comic, and you can bump that thread once a month. Please do not create new threads for the same thing.
eishiya

Return to Self-Promotion