Broken Semiotic: A Surrealist Horror Anthology

Blatantly advertise your comic here. One post/bump per month allowed.
Forum rules
Self-Promotion Rules

1) You may make ONE thread per comic. Not a new thread every month, not a new thread every bump, not a new thread for each author of the comic. ONE thread. That's it.

2) You may bump once a month. A "bump" is when you post in your own thread in order to send it to the top of the topic listings. The initial topic, updates, news, contests, and all other types of promotional information count as bumps. Also, if your comic has multiple authors, your thread is not entitled to multiple bumps (i.e. one from each author).

3) One conversational response per day. You may make one post per day in response to new comments left by visitors to your thread. Again, if your comic has multiple authors, your thread is not entitled to multiple thread responses (i.e. one from each author). If necessary, pick a single spokesperson for your Self-Promotion thread.

Broken Semiotic: A Surrealist Horror Anthology

Postby Eldritch Hat » September 1st, 2019, 8:07 pm

-Start Reading Here-

Psychologists have committed a century to studying the effects of lesions, tumors, and even bisecting the human brain. They have discovered the myriad ways that the ontological integrity we take for granted can be totally undermined. However, we also understand that human brains have psychological processes to interpret the messages of fiction, but we still fail to fully comprehend where the real passes over into the surreal.

This comic is a work of fiction, one that delves into genres such as psychological horror, magical realism, and cosmic dread. I plan on making this series an anthology of different stories that all tie into the central theme of a broken reality. Moreover, these stories will focus on the perspectives of those who can already see the misalignment of what is known and what they know. You can call me Eldritch Hat, I will be your primary guide through this existential journey of art and understanding.

If you are interested in sharing your own story in this series, please contact me with a direct message.

=================================================================

Hey, I'm eldritchhat (she/they), but you can call me Kara. I would really appreciate any of you checking out my comic and sharing your thoughts on them. This is my second attempt at a webcomic, but as an anthology series I think it opens up the potential to a greater variety of styles and more experimental storytelling.

Follow me here:
Twitter
Patreon
Eldritch Hat

Return to Self-Promotion