your day in webcomics

Kick back and chat it up with other Jeeves Smackers.

Re: your day in webcomics

Postby JoKeR » March 17th, 2017, 7:35 am

eishiya wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:I recently cleaned up the fanart section of my site to make it less huge and cluttered, primarily by just getting rid of all the notes and stuff I had to say about each piece. Is that a dick move? I didn't think much of it when changing it, (I saved a back-up of the original page anyway,) but now I kind of feel like a jerk for getting rid of the commentary. Like it feels so systematic and apathetic now or something. I can't tell if it's just me being overly-sentimental or what.

It's just you being overly sentimental.

Yeah,It's just you being overly sedimental.

Oly-RRR wrote:Updated Cop Story! Gotta keep working so this sort of thing starts seeming like less of a big deal. BUT YEAH, I POSTED A PAGE!!! :mrgreen:

Image Yay!! Keep going!
JoKeR

Postby Oly-RRR » March 20th, 2017, 1:26 am

I am having SO MUCH TROUBLE with the design of this one character who appears towards the end of the chapter. Yes I know I am on page 5 but I like being used to drawing characters by the time they happen in the comic. And this guy... like I have an idea of him but every time I try to narrow it down he ends up too similar to other characters and that's wrong on multiple levels.

Though to be fair lately I only sit down to try doodling new characters after everything else is done so... haven't spent much time on that yet.
You can't compare shooting a stag with lasers to putting on women's clothing!!! - Liz Carr on Ouch!
You know you're overweight when your stab-vest starts riding up and looking a bit like a crop-top... - Alfie Moore
Oly-RRR

Postby Bowserknight » March 20th, 2017, 4:40 pm

I started writing an outline of just like, the story events in chronological order.
This is probably kinda obvious, but, wow, this helps a whole lot
Bowserknight

Postby Seven Rain » March 20th, 2017, 6:06 pm

Bowserknight wrote:I started writing an outline of just like, the story events in chronological order.

Right on! It's something I always regretted not doing when I first started WOE.
Sonic-ock wrote:
Tacbot Unit-89 wrote:Wheres the swear jar.

Look, I'll say whatever the HECK I want whenever I dingle DARN well please!
Seven Rain

Postby JoKeR » March 20th, 2017, 9:26 pm

Seven Rain wrote:
Bowserknight wrote:I started writing an outline of just like, the story events in chronological order.

Right on! It's something I always regretted not doing when I first started WOE.

That's what I call key scenes or plot points. I write them down and then arrange them chronological. Sometimes I throw some key scenes out, If they don't fit or won't advance the story.

And yes, I made the same failure as Seven when I started my project (and sometimes I still do).
"Hey, I'm soooo good... I keep the whole story and all its twists and turns in my head. Hur hur hur." :roll:
JoKeR

Postby Oly-RRR » March 21st, 2017, 12:21 am

Mostly did non-comic stuff today BUT out of the four pages I wanted to tweak one is done and two more are probably halfway... All this is kinda irrational BUT I'm doing it in that time when I usually doodle or play video games. Actually excited getting it all going more smoothly.

JoKeR wrote:"Hey, I'm soooo good... I keep the whole story and all its twists and turns in my head. Hur hur hur." :roll:

I'm like that with far-off parts of the story. If it doesn't need to work I might jot something down but generally it rolls around my head freely. Once it's the thing I'm about to draw I gotta have it all written down (usually in two places because I write the script and then I write the dialogue down next to thumbnails). I think it's good to know where you're going story-wise (and definitely have the script for the chapter you're about to draw) but at the same time most of people making webcomics are in their 20s or younger, it's a lot of pressure to plan out 300+ pages and never tweak anything. People change, views change, writing changes.

I guess it's good to write a lot and draw a lot and regularly but duh, Captain Obvious. :P
You can't compare shooting a stag with lasers to putting on women's clothing!!! - Liz Carr on Ouch!
You know you're overweight when your stab-vest starts riding up and looking a bit like a crop-top... - Alfie Moore
Oly-RRR

Postby z3ir4m » March 22nd, 2017, 10:38 am

Working on a short story for a contest... theme is "the sound"... This is pretty interesting... and hard.
z3ir4m

Previous

Return to General Discussion