How do you manage your time?

Kick back and chat it up with other Jeeves Smackers.

Re: How do you manage your time?

Postby Falconer » February 15th, 2012, 11:24 am

Divide big projects into smaller parts. I usually have days designated to get specific parts of a task done. Like if you're doing a page a week, you might say: "have it sketched by Tuesday, inked by Thursday, Colored by Sunday". Something like that. You can do that with your homework and college stuff too. Look at what time you can't change (like school) and plan the rest accordingly. Do bits at a time a day. Like maybe one day you'll say "find a college and their application processes" and you do that for a while everyday, and soon you have a whole list of colleges, so then later you change to actually applying to them.

My schedule right now is beastly so I can't say much about getting sleep haha It happens when it happens...
Falconer

Postby xkrazydog » February 15th, 2012, 12:11 pm

Sacrifice the blood of newborn babies to the god of time and they'll grant you an extension.

Falconer wrote:Divide big projects into smaller parts.

And that. hahah. I'm getting back into the groove of comics lately and find it easier to manage when i'm taking them on in bulks of like 4-5 pages at once. So I can really zone in on quality control and consistency. This of course... sacrifices some sleep time but i still manage to clock in a decent amount of rest.
xkrazydog

Postby Mr. Henry » February 15th, 2012, 2:29 pm

I divide the whole day in half. Draw pages at night, scan, clean up and do all the digital stuff in the day.
Mr. Henry

Postby gevans1961 » February 15th, 2012, 2:57 pm

I usually write down 5 important goals for each day and, I make a schedule for them. I will prioritize by writing down the most important goals first (school stuff & part time job). Then, I will write down goals that pertain to my comic creating or social life. My college passes out free agendas every time a new semester starts. You can also download weekly schedule template off the internet (just google it).

Also, I will admit that screwing around on the internet does get in the way of managing and, prioritizing my time.

My other webcomic "The Business of Fashion" --> http://www.mangamagazine.net/manga-and-comics/The-Business-of-Fashion/detail-page/1242?lang=en It's about people that work in the apparel industry.
gevans1961

Postby Bumbazzle » February 15th, 2012, 4:05 pm

Do the things which has to be done first, then leave optional tasks for later.
Cut away habits or simplify things so that time isn't wasted on something which hardly benefits you.
Prepare beforehand so that you can make use of time you'd otherwise spend doing hardly nothing.
Set deadlines, break it up in smaller parts if it's a big assignment.

And discipline. Like, lots. I know all this and yet I don't act accordingly.
Bumbazzle

Previous

Return to General Discussion