Apple has reached a new level of stupidty!

Kick back and chat it up with other Jeeves Smackers.

Re: Apple has reached a new level of stupidty!

Postby trenton_dawn » August 15th, 2009, 7:52 pm

SuperBiasedMan wrote:Some mobile/cell phones don't have text? Is this some kind of American thing, or is it just your phone?

I think it's just my phone plan. Certainly, my phone is capable to receiving and sending text messages, but it just doesn't.

Also, what exactly happens when someone sends a text to a home phone? I don't understand how that would work.
Gaia, a fantasy comic
Ghost, an online novel — Sketchbook thread — deviantArt
Need assistance with anything? Feel free to PM me.
Seven Rain wrote:Trenton speaks words of wisdom.
trenton_dawn

Postby Guest » August 15th, 2009, 8:36 pm

trenton_dawn wrote:
SuperBiasedMan wrote:Some mobile/cell phones don't have text? Is this some kind of American thing, or is it just your phone?

I think it's just my phone plan. Certainly, my phone is capable to receiving and sending text messages, but it just doesn't.

Also, what exactly happens when someone sends a text to a home phone? I don't understand how that would work.

yeah my plan made me pick between texting and call waiting. pick txt lol. XD

Postby Pyroman » August 15th, 2009, 8:39 pm

trenton_dawn wrote:Also, what exactly happens when someone sends a text to a home phone? I don't understand how that would work.

Obviously I can't say what happens in America, but in Aus when someone texts a home-phone (as long as that phone has this capability) it will read it out for you. Microsoft Sam Style. As in, electronically: He-llo. T-h-is. A-l-kus. ell. oh. ell.

Yeah it's about as useful as it seems.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Pyroman

Postby Guest » August 15th, 2009, 9:22 pm

Pyroman wrote:
trenton_dawn wrote:Also, what exactly happens when someone sends a text to a home phone? I don't understand how that would work.

Obviously I can't say what happens in America, but in Aus when someone texts a home-phone (as long as that phone has this capability) it will read it out for you. Microsoft Sam Style. As in, electronically: He-llo. T-h-is. A-l-kus. ell. oh. ell.

ahaha. i've tried that, and since i live in the us, all that will happen is the phone may or may not ring. you might also get a beeping noise (kind of like how you get that screech when someone faxes you on the wrong line?). total bummer. i want my phone to spell stuff out. not that i have a landline anymore, but it'd still be cool. XD

Postby trenton_dawn » August 15th, 2009, 11:40 pm

Molly-sama wrote:
Pyroman wrote:Obviously I can't say what happens in America, but in Aus when someone texts a home-phone (as long as that phone has this capability) it will read it out for you. Microsoft Sam Style. As in, electronically: He-llo. T-h-is. A-l-kus. ell. oh. ell.

ahaha. i've tried that, and since i live in the us, all that will happen is the phone may or may not ring. you might also get a beeping noise (kind of like how you get that screech when someone faxes you on the wrong line?). total bummer. i want my phone to spell stuff out. not that i have a landline anymore, but it'd still be cool. XD

Yeah, I'd be tempted to get texting just so I could bug someone on their land line...
Gaia, a fantasy comic
Ghost, an online novel — Sketchbook thread — deviantArt
Need assistance with anything? Feel free to PM me.
Seven Rain wrote:Trenton speaks words of wisdom.
trenton_dawn

Postby SuperBiasedMan » August 16th, 2009, 10:50 am

Pyroman wrote:

Weird, we have a house phone that actually just receives texts like a mobile phone would. It basically is a mobile phone than you have to keep at home. XD
Snuffan and on a separate occasion, my dad wrote:"don´t be a girls who needs a man, be the girl a man need"

SuperBiasedMan

Postby Izkata » August 16th, 2009, 12:19 pm

Just within the last year, one of my friends bought some cheap cell phone that is unable to text (I'm thinking it was one of those pay-as-you-go, but I'm not sure), and moved his SIM card to it. Works perfectly fine, but he's unable to send or receive texts.
Izkata

Postby Guest » August 16th, 2009, 12:56 pm

Izkata wrote:

Just within the last year, one of my friends bought some cheap cell phone that is unable to text (I'm thinking it was one of those pay-as-you-go, but I'm not sure), and moved his SIM card to it. Works perfectly fine, but he's unable to send or receive texts.

dude, i have a phone you can't even put a SIM card into. ><;;; haha massively cheap.

Previous

Return to General Discussion