Apple has reached a new level of stupidty!

Kick back and chat it up with other Jeeves Smackers.

Re: Apple has reached a new level of stupidty!

Postby Guest » August 4th, 2009, 3:43 am

AFStaff wrote:Strangely enough you can order Papa Johns (I believe) through WoW with a chat command. That's not a joke, because you can order Papa Johns online you can type in /pizza or something similar and the website comes up. You'd think Blizzard would get sued for people's atrophied legs.

you believe correctly, sir. one of my dear friends has been absorbed by the wow. but i enjoy facebook...more so than myspace, anyway. but then i really just take a bunch of quizzes and read funny notes when i'm bored. ^^

and that's just what everyone needs to hear. some fat ass suing blizzard and/or papa john's for the same reason some fat chick sued mcdonalds: "they made me fat!" guh. learn to control yourselves.

anywho, i have one question to beg of you all, since i didn't really care when it first came about and my phone is a freebie cheapie, so here we go, from the only 19-year old in the world that's gotta ask:

WHAT THE HELL IS A TWITTER?!

Postby Pyroman » August 4th, 2009, 3:51 am

Twitter is a place where people write whatever they are thinking, blog-style, but in under 140 characters. It leads to a more vignette style of information gathering and sending, and had become increasingly popular with celebrities that need to inform fans of every little thing they do.
Check it out here:
http://twitter.com/

Also check out this informative youtube vid for why it sucks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN2HAroA12w
ImageImage
ImageImage
Pyroman

Postby Guest » August 4th, 2009, 3:55 am

Pyroman wrote:Twitter is a place where people write whatever they are thinking, blog-style, but in under 140 characters. It leads to a more vignette style of information gathering and sending, and had become increasingly popular with celebrities that need to inform fans of every little thing they do.
Check it out here:
http://twitter.com/

Also check out this informative youtube vid for why it sucks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN2HAroA12w

oh, so it's kind of like that "type your status" thing on facebook? O.O man, mine would suck. i put "bored" on it just to inform my friends that i'm coming over to their place to bug them soon. XD

Postby Pyroman » August 4th, 2009, 4:05 am

Yeah exactly. Very few people have managed to stop theirs from sucking, and that doesn't usually last very long anyway. It's alright for finding out titbits of information from companies and such, or seeing when something had updated, but in general it is pretty useless.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Pyroman

Postby Mr Aids » August 4th, 2009, 6:55 am

I don't need Twitter.

I got Pyro for status messages every 5 minutes.

Unfortuneatly for him.
kevansevans wrote:
robybang wrote:Also, it's the internet, people always argue over dumb stuff.

Nuh uh
Mr Aids

Postby Gibson Twist » August 4th, 2009, 9:59 am

Twitter is one more way by which people who contribute nothing but mediocrity to the world can delude themselves further into thinking they have something to contribute to the world or that anyone anywhere should give a shit about their meaningless lives. Imagine text messaging without someone responding. Twitter is text message masturbation.

And no one will ever sue over WoW, because in order to do so, they would have to stop playing WoW.

Also, the word "stupidity" is spelled wrong in the title of this thread, which makes me giggle.
Gibson Twist

Postby Guest » August 4th, 2009, 11:01 am

Well you got me there. :lol:

Postby Izkata » August 4th, 2009, 11:45 am

Facebook: Twitter + a helluva lot more. Oh, and most people I know are already on Facebook.

I still can't believe Twitter has such a following.
Izkata

Postby Nicholas » August 4th, 2009, 4:56 pm

Gibson Twist wrote:Twitter is one more way by which people who contribute nothing but mediocrity to the world can delude themselves further into thinking they have something to contribute to the world or that anyone anywhere should give a shit about their meaningless lives. Imagine text messaging without someone responding. Twitter is text message masturbation.

So,in other words, their being human.
The sky was the color of a Tv tuned to a dead channel.
Nicholas

Postby Vitotamito » August 6th, 2009, 7:59 pm

"Now you can order America's favorite pizza on your iPhone."

I want to quickly point out that this commercial, which I just watched, was not an iPhone commercial, but a Pizza Hut commercial. So we're all on the same track.
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Postby Guest » August 9th, 2009, 8:09 pm

Before you are too quick to bash Twitter and the like, remember that as webcomic artists these sorts of social sites are simply another way for us to promote our work... even if you do consider it to be the bottom of the internet barrel.

Is it insipid? Yeah, probably. But it is also a tool.

Postby Gibson Twist » August 10th, 2009, 10:36 am

Otto Germain wrote:Is it insipid? Yeah, probably. But it is also a tool.

I agree that Twitter is an insipid tool.

Honestly, I take contest with the notion that Twitter is an effective promotional tool. Don't you pretty much need to know who or what something is before you can, I don't know what the word is, Twat it? Facecult has elements of it that are good for promoting yourself or your cause, since it seems to have a searchable aspect, but from what I see it has more noxious effects than beneficial ones and is mostly just a time-waster...not to mention that your efforts to self-promote are on the same level as someone's pictures from their camping with the girls where I got so hammered OMGLOL. The artist on Our Time in Eden set up not one, but two Facecult groups that promote the comic, and we still get more traffic from a dollar's worth of Project Wonderful ads. MySpace seems still to be the more useful marketing tool, though I can't bring myself to join that either.

And that's the other thing that drives me bananas about Facecult...you have to join it before you know what it's like. I have no idea what it is other than what I hear from others who are members. I can't take a tour of it, I can't view any more of it than a few photos and I can't even see those half the time. The Freemasons aren't as secretive as this fricking website.
Gibson Twist

Postby Nicholas » August 10th, 2009, 11:50 am

Gibson Twist wrote:I agree that Twitter is an insipid tool.

Honestly, I take contest with the notion that Twitter is an effective promotional tool. Don't you pretty much need to know who or what something is before you can, I don't know what the word is, Twat it? Facecult has elements of it that are good for promoting yourself or your cause, since it seems to have a searchable aspect, but from what I see it has more noxious effects than beneficial ones and is mostly just a time-waster...not to mention that your efforts to self-promote are on the same level as someone's pictures from their camping with the girls where I got so hammered OMGLOL. The artist on Our Time in Eden set up not one, but two Facecult groups that promote the comic, and we still get more traffic from a dollar's worth of Project Wonderful ads. MySpace seems still to be the more useful marketing tool, though I can't bring myself to join that either.
And that's the other thing that drives me bananas about Facecult...you have to join it before you know what it's like. I have no idea what it is other than what I hear from others who are members. I can't take a tour of it, I can't view any more of it than a few photos and I can't even see those half the time. The Freemasons aren't as secretive as this fricking website.

But it's not like it costs you anything. If you wanna find out what's it like, just make an account, it'll take you ten minutes max, you can delete in the same amount of time. it's easy dude. And the reason for the "secretive" nature of the site has more to do with privacy then anything else.
The sky was the color of a Tv tuned to a dead channel.
Nicholas

Postby Gibson Twist » August 11th, 2009, 12:02 am

Man, I'm not drinking your Kool-Aid.
Gibson Twist

Postby Izkata » August 11th, 2009, 12:46 pm

Nicholas wrote:But it's not like it costs you anything. If you wanna find out what's it like, just make an account, it'll take you ten minutes max, you can delete in the same amount of time.

Facebook accounts can't be deleted from the standard settings anymore, although one of my friends spent about a week talking to reps. and eventually got his deleted.
Izkata

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion