Introduce Yourself Thread (Please don't self-promo here!)

Kick back and chat it up with other Jeeves Smackers.

Re: Introduce Yourself Thread

Postby Greg Kaley » June 25th, 2019, 1:47 am

Hello,
As you can see from my post count, I just signed up for an account. I began drawing and writing a cartoon a little over three years ago and have been able to post a new cartoon panel every Monday morning. I sure hope I can keep this streak alive for as long as possible.

The stuff that I see ya'll post here is truly impressive! The talent displayed is inspiring, not to blow to much hot air, but seriously, all you guys are so darn gifted! Thanks for allowing a hack like me to post
Last edited by eishiya on June 25th, 2019, 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't link to your comic in your posts. You can use the Self-Promotion forum and your signature for that.
Greg Kaley

Postby Pencilz » June 26th, 2019, 9:47 am

I haven't posted here yet huh. Anyways I'm Pencilz, I'm a cartoonist who loves colorful art, surreal mystery, and sci-fi horror.
Pencilz

Postby frischanimations » June 28th, 2019, 4:27 pm

My name is Jim. I'm an animator and cartoonist. I'm currently working on this webcomic (where I draw Loud House characters in Adobe Flash).
frischanimations

Postby DameHelsing » July 15th, 2019, 4:27 pm

Hi! I'm damehelsing I also go by Aggiebun or Aggie.
I write and draw Scarred Eden which is a sci-fi-fantasy webcomic filled with adventure and a bit of romance (that's off in the future though!)
I'm 22 years old, I have a bun named Maximus who is my most precious baby! Not much to say about me besides that.

Kind of took me awhile to write a post here because forums can intimidate me at times but everyone seems lovely here! ^-^

Hope you all have a happy week! <3
DameHelsing

Postby Davey Do » September 19th, 2019, 7:36 am

dj davey do.png
dj davey do.png (339.99 KiB) Viewed 2954 times
Davey Do

Location: Goofy, Illinois (NW of Anomaly, which is way out side of Normal)

Postby MooseMassey » September 21st, 2019, 8:28 pm

Hey there everyone :) I'm Moose. I'm 25, I paint on canvas and scribble a few sketches every now and then so I guess you could say Im some sort of artist as well. I just started uploading my comic Into The Fire on this site. Ive read several of these comics on smackjeeves for years (HUGE fan of When She Was Bad) and even tried uploading one myself a few years back. I'm back again and glad to be here. I hope I can learn from some of ya'll on this site, many of your comics are AMAZING!
MooseMassey

Postby Nefarious » October 19th, 2019, 3:59 am

Hello I’m not new here but I’ve returned after a ten year hiatus... I’m glad to see the community has grown and flourishes if you could please stop by my webcomic and have a look I would greatly appreciate it. I am an artist who drew many old titles and I’m excited to share my new stories with you !
Nefarious

Hello im new

Postby SinAyres » October 27th, 2019, 4:22 pm

Hello mi name is manuel cubas im from Argentina, mi inglish is really Bad!

i love this webpage!
SinAyres

Postby UnstableRupture » October 27th, 2019, 5:37 pm

I'm Ben. I'm writing a sci-fi comedy that I hope will develop into a space opera.
I'm struggling to get it off the ground, as I'm not very active on social media and it doesn't get a lot of traffic.
I post on webtoons and smackjeeves
UnstableRupture

Postby metalmiku » November 1st, 2019, 7:48 am

Hello, I'm Metalmiku from Finland. Many many moons ago when I was 15 years old I drew my first comics. The stories and characters were mostly based on Street Fighter Alpha 2 and other's that era's PS 1 games (and later came original character based stories). After that I did have a long pause from making comic, but at some point the burn inside me to wanting to make a serious/dramatic/longer comic was taking over. And finally at the 2010 I got the story that would motivate me to put time and effort on it, and so at the 2011 the first chapter of the Sons of God uploaded to smackjeeves. Since that I had uploaded 7 chapters here and more are coming (in the future). I have noticed that making a comic take some much time and effort, so in the future I will use to use another form of for telling stories than comic, a form of game, like a visual novel (because I still like telling stories and illustrate them).
metalmiku

Postby BrandonH722 » November 2nd, 2019, 12:59 pm

Yo!
My name is Brandon, and I'm a cartoonist from Michigan.
I focus on action/adventure and fantasy comics, and I'm currently a few months into posting my webcomic here on Smackjeeves, called Autumn Wing and the Crown of Fire, a story of a little half-angel kid going on a dangerous adventure to make his own halo and become whole. I also practice Japanese ink painter, or sumi-e, and I put a lot of that sensibility into my comics work. I've been making comics for essentially my whole life, and I'm trying to my hardest to build a sustainable career from doing what I love.

Nice to meet you all, and hope you enjoy the comic!
Last edited by BrandonH722 on November 2nd, 2019, 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonH722

Postby eishiya » November 2nd, 2019, 1:02 pm

Welcome Brandon!

Please don't self-promote outside of the Self-Promotion section. You're welcome to link to your comic in your signature, though!

Also, it looks like your comic is Hidden, it doesn't show up in your profile. If that's the case, it probably doesn't show up anywhere else on the site either, so people have no way to find it! You can un-hide it in the comic profile & settings page.
eishiya

Postby SupermarketRafflesia » November 6th, 2019, 4:43 pm

I just realised I never actually posted here. I'm Supermarket, I've only recently started posting a comic story I completed here. I love biology, (particularly entomology and marine biology) animals (especially insects and foxes), drawing and weird stuff.

Nice to meet you all!
SupermarketRafflesia

Postby Maldrea » November 6th, 2019, 5:10 pm

Hi, I'm Faith April / Maldrea. I'm 28 and going through stage IV bone cancer. I've been dealing with metastatic (spreading) breast cancer for about three years now, and I deal with my angst through comics.
My comic is A New Calamity, and it's about Linke-- a BOTW linksona who is also a breast cancer survivor.
It's your pretty standard fanfic fare: Linke and Ganondorf get stuck in the Underworld together, where they learn to become friends and lovers. The thing is, I put my ALL into the writing and art, so it turns out pretty good. Linke also joins the Yiga clan, and I challenge you to read my comic and not find yourself relating to Kohga. It happens more often than you'd think.
There's about 200 something pages now, so if you want to sink your teeth into an alternate timeline BOTW adventure, check it out here on Smackjeeves or at my homepage, anewcalamity.tuppencecomic.com
It's free to read, except patrons at patreon.com/faithapril get to see behind the scenes and colored pages. Eventually the colored pages will be free too.
Maldrea

Re: Introduce Yourself Thread (Please don't self-promo here!

Postby Reapeageddon » November 10th, 2019, 7:06 am

I am Reapeageddon. Just a regular dude who likes to draw. Not much else to say, but school's really in the way right now. I like to play XCOM 2, Witcher III, Soul Calibur VI, Geometry Dash and many more! My comic is in the signature below!
Reapeageddon

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion