Introduce Yourself Thread

Kick back and chat it up with other Jeeves Smackers.

Just Introducing Myself

Postby REDemptionComic2018 » April 18th, 2018, 10:54 am

Hey there,

My name is Steve, and I am new to the forums. Well, new to posting anyway. I signed up a while back when my webcomic was still active. Then my artist had a lot of personal things come up, and it stalled out. However, now he is back in it to win it, so I figured: "Why not reach out and start talking to others who are already in the game? Maybe take a more successful stab at things this time around?" The link to the comic is on my profile, so feel free to check it out.

I look forward to getting to know people.

Steve
REDemption: the Webcomic
https://redemptionwebcomic.wordpress.com/comic/redemption-05-16-2017/
Everything-INCLUDING-the-Kitchen-Sink Zombie/Post-Apocalyptic Fiction
REDemptionComic2018

Re: Introduce Yourself Thread

Postby Hilo Takenaka » May 23rd, 2018, 4:23 pm

Hey! I’m Hilo and I am new to these forums! I came here due to my friend that uses the SmackJeeves site to host his fanart, and I’ve had ideas to create comics. Unfortunately I can’t draw well, so I have a post in Collaboration seeking assistance.
Hope to see you all in the future!
Hilo Takenaka

Postby Kiki-Wyvern » May 24th, 2018, 11:41 am

Hello, I'm Kiwi-Wyvern but you can call be Kiwi or Aspyn! I came here because I'd like a place just for comics to post some comics I'm working on!
I'm currently working on a Pokemon themed comic known as Poke-Nightmare, and should be posting the front cover and first page pretty soon! And, unlike my first comic, I'll actually be working on it.
I hope I'm able to make new friends on here, and I hope you guys can enjoy my new comic as much as I'm currently enjoying drawing it!

I'm totally looking forward to meeting people on here!

Aspyn
Kiki-Wyvern

Postby elementcomic » May 24th, 2018, 7:47 pm

Hi everybody, I'm Trey, currently working as a storyboard artist for a certain corporate entity I'll just refer to as "the mouse". Webcomic artist on the side, but as often as possible. Currently writing what'll likely be my only big personal project due to its scale, Element, the manga style webcomic that takes the shonen thing and runs with it full speed. I hope you'll give my work a chance, as only a few chapters are currently up despite me currently inking Volume 3. The art improves massively over time, and I'm glad to say I've been able to apply my story and composition know-how that I got from my experience storyboarding to Element. If you'll have me, it'll be a wild and crazy ride. I'm also happy to talk and give feedback to any fellow creators, it's just nice being in a community that values comics!
elementcomic

Postby derp man » May 25th, 2018, 8:36 pm

MEOW!!!
derp man

Postby nella-puddin » May 25th, 2018, 11:51 pm

I'm Nel, I hope you're all doing well (feel free to brick me for that) this is my second account on smack Jeeves, the first one I created waaayyy back in elementary, and it had like this one really bad PMD sprite comic.
but now things have changed. I'm currently working on a film noir/80s themed webcomic, called 'heaven is a place on earth'. I've always been meaning to do honest to god comics for a while, and now here I am. I think it's a great way to push yourself and improve your art skills. not to mention that it keeps me busy and gives me something to look forward too, hahaha. I think after I'm done with this comic I'll move onto original projects. consider it as a 'training ground', if you will!

so yeah lmao, nice to meet you all.
nella-puddin

Postby WWH_Reika » May 30th, 2018, 12:26 am

Hey hey! I prefer to be called Minty and I'm part of a four-man team running a newly launched manga-style project called World Without Horizons. I'm no artist (although I wish I didn't stop drawing years ago) but I do what I can to help around with the story-writing and promotion of our original manga. We're really new to this whole comic/manga producing thing so I decided to join as many comic communities as I can to learn from other creators as well.

Really looking forward to making new friends and hope everyone's doing well! :>
WWH_Reika

Postby Faerieflower » June 12th, 2018, 1:44 am

Hello!

I'm here because I enjoy comics and like to learn from them as well. I hope to start my own comic in the future =) But not until I feel very comfortable with my drawing skills (that means it might take a while! :roll: ).

I hope to make a few friends here too =)
Faerieflower

Postby darioush3 » June 12th, 2018, 2:26 am

hello
im new here and like smack jeeves
cheers
darioush3

Postby lolichencute » July 2nd, 2018, 3:50 am

Hi! My name’s lolichencute and I’ve only just started posting my comic, ‘Headphones’, it’s a BL slice-of-life drama~
I’ve been working on it for years but only just started drawing it because I kept chickening out thinking my art skills weren’t good enough
WELL this post is a lot more angsty than I meant it to be??
It’s nice to meet you all and I’m excited to be a part of the smackjeeves community!
lolichencute

Postby eishiya » July 2nd, 2018, 9:18 am

lolichencute wrote:Hi! My name’s lolichencute and I’ve only just started posting my comic, ‘Headphones’, it’s a BL slice-of-life drama~
I’ve been working on it for years but only just started drawing it because I kept chickening out thinking my art skills weren’t good enough
WELL this post is a lot more angsty than I meant it to be??
It’s nice to meet you all and I’m excited to be a part of the smackjeeves community!

No better way to get your skills good enough than draw a comic :D Welcome!
eishiya

Postby mindcat » July 2nd, 2018, 9:46 am

Hi,

I really could use a reintroduction cause I used to use smackjeeves way back in the day. Am I the only one who feels like my stories are ghosts haunting me until I get them down on paper? It's all I can think about and there are so many ideas and just never enough time...

I'm just getting back into the swing of things and I gotta say, it's exhausting but so much fun. Y'know how people say, find your thing and just keep doing that until you die? That's what it's like.
mindcat

Postby Kittenburger » July 2nd, 2018, 10:54 am

Hiya!

Still new to this whole thing, hopefully I can get to know some people on here soon enough.

Iv'e been uploading on comicfury for a while now, thought i'd share it here as well.

Its a sci-fi comic centered around a single planet being used as cosmic zoo.
It'll feature a good bit of action, colourful character designs, all in full coulor and everything of course.

If you like the sound of that, check it out!
Kittenburger

Postby Jacqfruit » July 21st, 2018, 2:44 am

How's it going! I'm Jacq and I'm not entirely new to SJ, but I'm working on my comic currently. It only has one page currently uploaded but I'm getting there.
Jacqfruit

Postby Rhedkiex » August 8th, 2018, 12:21 pm

I am also here.
Rhedkiex

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion