Introduce Yourself Thread

Kick back and chat it up with other Jeeves Smackers.

Re: Introduce Yourself Thread

Postby MagicalG » August 9th, 2018, 12:20 pm

I guess it is a nice chance of introducing myself to the forum community! Soooooo..., I'm a 17 yo fan of physics and chemistry who finally managed to get her webcomic about scientists fighting evil going. :D
I'm a huge fan of light and funny comics and comic strips as well as cartoons. And cartoonish style is what I am looking forward to master in the future! It may appear unusual but I strongly dislike science fiction stuff (maybe because many of them seem, ummm, kinda similar to one another? idk). But if you know any original sci-fi story, let me know! ;)
I treat Smackjeeves mainly as a storage for my comic pages to keep them in one place as I do not count on gaining many fans here since the theme of my comic might be unappealing (*ekhm* science, science or micropipettes in every joke), but it is still heartwarming to see somebody becoming a fan of my quirky superheroines. Nice to meet you all, smackjeevers!
MagicalG

Postby jarzebiny » August 24th, 2018, 3:53 pm

Howdy, everyone!

I'm Karolina. I write/illustrate Jarzebiny. It's a dark fairy tale about a girl cursed by her mother, ancient gods, creepy forests. It's inspired by my Polish roots and Slavic folklore. I'm a creative director/freelance designer by trade. I love traveling, coffee, animals, breaking out into song. I swear too much.

Still trying to get the hang of posting my comic here on SmackJeeves so I'd appreciate it if you guys checked it out and tell me what you thought! I'm uploading all of episode 1 today but staggering it out over the next hour (I design it with vertical scrolling in mind so I had to split it up).

Happy to be here, seems like a friendly community :D Nice to meet you all! I'm actually more active on WebToon and Tapas so if you're on there, feel free to find me. And check out my Instagram for my weird shenanigans. http://Instagram.com/jarzebiny
Old gods. Curses. Blood magic. Jarzebiny: A dark fairy tale inspired by Slavic myth and folklore.
jarzebiny

Postby Lunaravocados » August 24th, 2018, 7:51 pm

Hello! I'm Lunaravocados and I enjoy making comics. I'm a sophomore in university and going for my biology major and trying to find a job. I like to make stories but sometimes I doubt myself a lot, but I will keep struggling forward.
Lunaravocados

Postby Paulie Blade » August 28th, 2018, 3:15 pm

Sup everyone, I'm Paulie Blade, in real life living a double life: during the day a mathematician working at a university in Poland and after dark an aspiring comic book creator. My attempt, "The Frolic", is linked in my signature.
Paulie Blade

Postby Calyx » September 5th, 2018, 11:47 am

Hello everyone! I'm Calyx, and I'm just here about the making of comics and the one day in the future, I can make my own comic!
I'm currently aspiring to become a better artist and I hop this will be a good learning experience!
Calyx

Postby Otto Gruenwald » October 15th, 2018, 4:10 pm

Hello everyone! My name is Otto Gruenwald, and my webcomic is The Power of Stardust located through that neat looking image in my signature. It's a comic featuring my takes on the public domain superheroes of the 1940's and a cornerstone of a fictional universe I'm building.
Otto Gruenwald

Postby dyohna » November 24th, 2018, 2:14 pm

Howdy y'all, I'm Dyohna and I write/illustrate for my comic, Cafe on Crepe Island. Its a fun romp around a magical island with interesting inhabitants.
I'm new to smackjeeves but I really wanted to jump into discussions with everyone so here I am! I'm one of those people who takes everything they do and thinks about how I can make it into a comic. I watch a lot of tv, cartoons, and anime and I want to be able to share stories that can connect to people like a lot of my favorite shows can. Nice to meet everyone!
dyohna

Postby Blaze » November 25th, 2018, 1:28 am

*in Dr. Nick voice* Hi, everybody! I'm Blaze, I was active here ages ago and I (used to) make icky sprite comics. I moved to Drunk Duck(The Duck) and then I eventually found a home on Comic Fury but I don't feel very welcome or noticed there these days. Last time I was here I trolled a little and I wanna apologize for that. Anyway, I'm back cause I wanted to get back into making comics again and SJ is my roots so what better place right? I'm working on getting my old sprite comic going again with, hopefully, some better skills and storytelling.

So that's me I guess, good to be back and I hope I can become part of this community like I should have from the beginning.
Blaze

Postby yaaboa » December 14th, 2018, 10:50 pm

Hi everyone, finals are over and I thought now would be a good time to introduce myself. My name is Shane. I've been posting comics here since September, but haven't had a chance to participate on the forums. This is the first time that I've ever written or drawn a comic, so it's been a huge learning curve, but I feel I've learned a lot so far. This is really a project to try to do something creative with my free time versus sitting around watching TV. If somebody gets some enjoyment out of it, that would be an added bonus. Looking forward to being a part of the community.
yaaboa

Postby simplykit19 » December 17th, 2018, 12:31 pm

Hey guys, hows it goin? ;)

im simplykit , new guy. glad to be a member of this site

hope to see your great comics , peace
simplykit19

Postby MaruExposito » January 6th, 2019, 5:12 pm

Hi!

It's Mar, a Spanish living in Tokyo, and I will build a media company based on anime/comic. Now, I work full time in marketing (+learning about management), but on the past 4 years I spent my free time creating the Windy Lightning comic. I also was lucky to finish my first animated short as an anime student but there's still a lot to learn and do!

I just joined SJ and I am loving it. The website system allows you to build a nice webcomic site. And, there is such a nice community around it!

Let's bring lots of fun and support to each other ^__^
Webcomic + Anime
What if your magic separates you from who you love?
MaruExposito

Postby Nijuice » January 7th, 2019, 1:31 am

Salutations people!
I'm known as Nijuice and I've actually been a member of Smackjeeves since about 2012! I've always loved drawing comics, and webcomics is a platform that interests me very much! (And a platform I'm still learning to master!) I hope to create works that give people hope and shares the joy I have in creating art! Check out my webcomic, "Shooting Star Mega Man," when you get a chance! (PS: I'm a HUGE Mega Man fan!)
Last edited by eishiya on January 7th, 2019, 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't link to your comic here. You can use the Self-Promotion forum and your signature for that.
Nijuice

Postby Pidgeot Slayer » January 7th, 2019, 8:30 pm

I am new but I might delet my account if it's trash becouse no one reads my comics work on
Pidgeot Slayer

Postby eishiya » January 7th, 2019, 9:54 pm

Pidgeot Slayer wrote:I am new but I might delet my account if it's trash becouse no one reads my comics work on

Building up an audience is a long-term thing. It gets easier over time, too, as your art and writing improve. When you're just starting out, that's the hardest time to gain readers. Don't give up!
eishiya

Postby leegi » January 9th, 2019, 5:28 pm

Hello, name is leegi, I use this site to read nuzlockes and upgraded myself to posting. I work on "Elodie the Dragon" and working on another so feel free to check em out. Woop
leegi

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion