Introduce Yourself Thread

Kick back and chat it up with other Jeeves Smackers.

Re: Introduce Yourself Thread

Postby C-K-H-Comics » January 11th, 2019, 1:33 am

Hello, I am C-K-H! :)

I am a guy who makes art and stuff for fun....and, I hope eventually, profit.
I am also the creator/writer/illustrator of my very first comic, Comet Heavens! Its a story about a blue fox and his destiny to become the ultimate protector of his multiverse! Check it out if you all have the time to. :)

I've been on this site for awhile now and I'm still getting use to things here. I was shy at first to introduce myself but now seems like a good time to do so. I hope everyone accepts me here and like my content. Its nice to meet you all! :)
C-K-H-Comics

Postby Kyulein » January 13th, 2019, 5:39 am

Hey, I'm Sophie (or Kyu, as the remnants of years past seem to indicate). I'm a mid-twenties hobbyist artist with a webcomic.
I've had this accound for years, but obviously never quite used it. I'm looking to change that.

In my spare time I make the webcomic Soul's Journey in which a cursed pendant turns a runaway prince into a wolf.
The comic started out on Smackjeeves and has since moved to its own website, but is still also mirrored on SmackJeeves.
Kyulein

Postby StellarBlitz » January 13th, 2019, 8:41 pm

Hey! I'm StellarBlitz, and I joined around a month ago. I'm an animation student doing comics and other stories on the side. I like drawing, video games, and writing.

My current main project, the one here on SJ, is I Am Ganondorf. It's a Legend of Zelda fancomic. It's been on hiatus for a few months now during school, but it'll be back up and running next Sunday, actually.

I'm excited to see what SJ thinks of my story! I'm a semi-migrant from Tumblr (I still post comics and content there, but I'm here as well just to be safe :D) so it'll be cool to see what this new platform brings!
StellarBlitz

Postby jellyfishin » January 15th, 2019, 12:47 am

Hiya, I'm jellyfishin. I'm a hobbyist when it comes to making comics. Found out about this site through the Tumblr grapevine and decided to mirror my comics here to have a place where it's easily readable and accessible, as well as follow other comic artists and writers who also have their work mirrored on SmackJeeves and well.

I'm currently working on an oddball UnderTale AU comic of sorts, with each chapter being actually more of a mini-story (it's easier for me to make comics that way). Right now, things feel weird for me migrating stuff - you know that feeling you get when you look back on your super old work and compare it to your new work and you feel compelled to make on decision on whether or not to redo it, keep it as is, or scrap it altogether? Yeah, that. You'll have to pardon my use of old art and mismatching styles for banner and comic covers while I work to get the comic up and properly running here on SmackJeeves. :oops:

Fans and readers would be nice, but not my primary aspirations. I'm more excited about the variety of comics around here, and I'm hoping to add some new ones to my reading list. Hope you all have a very nice day. :D
jellyfishin

Postby GreenRaptorStudios » January 16th, 2019, 1:24 pm

Don't remember if I introduced myself on this thread, my name is Peter Ahola the creator of Green Raptor studios. I'm pretty a dinosaur lover, toy collector, and passionate comic artist. This is currently my fifth year here on Smackjeeves. For the past four years I've been working on my on going comic Kalwa and more recently started a new one shot comic called Amber World's Greatest Mer-Thief. Kalwa is updated three times a week while Amber is updated randomly. I'm hoping to finish Amber in 2019 and produce even more titles.
GreenRaptorStudios

Postby RowanBlaez » January 17th, 2019, 11:08 pm

Hello~! Years and years ago I created a webcomic on here called Mon Moki (about a purple eyed girl and a lemur boy from the future). Now that my artistic skills and writing skills are about 20 levels higher than back then, I'm creating a new webcomic called My Cup of Tea. It's a BL comic based on D&D. It's a passion project of mine that I've been working on for several months now and have only begun to make public.

It's good to be back!
Last edited by eishiya on January 18th, 2019, 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't link to your comic here. You can use the Self-Promotion forum and your signature for that.
RowanBlaez

Postby Ikualokatl » January 19th, 2019, 1:02 am

Hello! I'm Ikualokatl, but you can call me Ikual!

I'm a Gamer, a comic artist, and stupid!

My favourite videogames are Kirby 3, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and PMD: Explorers. Meanwhile, my favourite comics are Aezae's Tales (Xael-the-artist) and Sonic IDW.

I have been drawing for 3 years now, and since, I've drawn three versions of the same comic: PMD: Selene. Right now, I hope to deliver fun to everyone who reads my comic.

And I'm sure I won't fail!
Ikualokatl

Postby IrisFlower » January 25th, 2019, 1:54 pm

I feel kind of awkward because I've been on the site since about June or something lol But hopefully it's never too late to introduce oneself.

I'm IrisFlower (or just Iris whatever works). I like drawing and writing stories about my OCs. I'm also into VOCALOID and am an amateur music producer in the community. My current main comic project, Welcome to the Haunting, is actually based off of a series of songs I wrote and it's a way for me to flesh out my characters while also giving myself lots of drawing practice.

Each chapter of my comic(up to 4) will be it's own story centered around a different demon/entity. So, as the chapters change all of the graphics(and site color schemes) will change to reflect that. And at the end, I'd like to maybe make another story that involves all of the characters but that'll be years from now seeing as I'm not even done with the first chapter, yet.

Anyway, it's nice to be here and I hope I get along with everyone~
IrisFlower

Postby Pidgeot Slayer » February 9th, 2019, 5:17 am

I might be quitting
Pidgeot Slayer

Postby eishiya » February 9th, 2019, 9:49 am

Pidgeot Slayer wrote:I might be quitting

The Introduce Yourself Thread is not the place for announcing that, it's for introducing yourself.

If you want to quit, all you have to do is stop visiting the site, you don't have to announce it. If you have friends on the site and want to let them know you're leaving and want to give them another way to contact you, then PM them that information.
eishiya

Postby SchuylerMkII » February 9th, 2019, 5:09 pm

Hey everyone, I'm Schuyler, and my comic is Capybara, about space pirates and mutinies. This is also my first forum post lol

(Also, also, does anyone know how to add an image under your forum posts?)
SchuylerMkII

Postby eishiya » February 9th, 2019, 7:09 pm

SchuylerMkII wrote:Hey everyone, I'm Schuyler, and my comic is Capybara, about space pirates and mutinies. This is also my first forum post lol

Welcome!

Here's an old thread with instructions on adding a banner link in your signature. If you want to add just an image without a link, you just need to not include the URL code parts.
eishiya

Postby SchuylerMkII » February 9th, 2019, 10:56 pm

eishiya wrote:
SchuylerMkII wrote:Hey everyone, I'm Schuyler, and my comic is Capybara, about space pirates and mutinies. This is also my first forum post lol

Welcome!

Here's an old thread with instructions on adding a banner link in your signature. If you want to add just an image without a link, you just need to not include the URL code parts.

Thanks for the welcome!

Also thanks for the help so far, I haven't quite got the signature image thing down yet, does it have to be an image from smackjeeves?
SchuylerMkII

Postby eishiya » February 10th, 2019, 12:35 am

SchuylerMkII wrote:
eishiya wrote:

Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome!

Also thanks for the help so far, I haven't quite got the signature image thing down yet, does it have to be an image from smackjeeves?

No, it can be anywhere. It looks like you're trying to use a webpage as an image, instead of just the image file. Images are files that end in .png, .jpg, etc. The image URL for that image is https://66.media.tumblr.com/88079e9ccec ... 1_1280.png.
However, please note that if you use that image as your signature, you'll be breaking the forum rules, which limit signatures to 200px in height to keep them from overwhelming the page. That image is 400px in height.

If you have any further questions, please post in the Help Desk section.
eishiya

Postby SchuylerMkII » February 10th, 2019, 11:39 am

No, it can be anywhere. It looks like you're trying to use a webpage as an image, instead of just the image file. Images are files that end in .png, .jpg, etc. The image URL for that image is https://66.media.tumblr.com/88079e9ccec ... 1_1280.png.
However, please note that if you use that image as your signature, you'll be breaking the forum rules, which limit signatures to 200px in height to keep them from overwhelming the page. That image is 400px in height.

If you have any further questions, please post in the Help Desk section.

Oh, jeez, alright. Definitely don't wanna go breaking any rules. Hmmm, I'll figure something out, might as well just make a little text blurb and call it a day for the time being.

Thanks anyway!
SchuylerMkII

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion