Dear Batman (And the Rest of SJ) ...Superman?

Kick back and chat it up with other Jeeves Smackers.

Dear Batman (And the Rest of SJ) ...Superman?

Postby Vitotamito » August 11th, 2009, 4:46 pm

Dear Batman (And the other users of SJ),

I've been wondering this for a while. As a superhero (the best super hero) with no super powers, what are your views on Superman (the one with too many perfection powers)? Is he overpowered? How can you stand working with that pretty-boy?

For those of us who are not Batman: Is Superman the worst superhero ever created? Is he too powerful?

Sincerely,
Vito
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Image
Image
User avatar
Vitotamito
 
Posts: 5719
Joined: May 10th, 2006, 8:33 pm
Location: King's Landing, Westeros

Re: Dear Batman (And the Rest of SJ) ...Superman?

Postby Plagueddy » August 11th, 2009, 4:53 pm

Image
I THINK BATMAN IS THE BEST SUPERHERO EVE-
I mean, no comment.
Image
User avatar
Plagueddy
 
Posts: 78
Joined: October 13th, 2008, 11:31 am
Location: Canada

Re: Dear Batman (And the Rest of SJ) ...Superman?

Postby SuperBiasedMan » August 11th, 2009, 5:02 pm

Ugh, I always though Superman was one of the stupidest, most cliché premises.
...Which makes sense since he was pretty much the first one, as far as I remember...

But the idea he can pretty much do anything as long as a specific element isn't near him is too Deus Ex Machina.
Snuffan and on a separate occasion, my dad wrote:"don´t be a girls who needs a man, be the girl a man need"

Image
User avatar
SuperBiasedMan
 
Posts: 4609
Joined: November 1st, 2007, 1:30 pm
Location: The land of milk and honey. That's right, Ireland

Re: Dear Batman (And the Rest of SJ) ...Superman?

Postby HEEHEEHAHEEHA » August 11th, 2009, 5:32 pm

What does it matter? To you, Superman, Super'heroes', they're just a bunch of freaks–

like me.

You need them. When you don’t… you’ll cast them out. Like lepers. See, your morals, your codes: they're a bad joke. They’re dropped at the first sign of trouble. They’re only as good as the world allows them to be. You’ll see, when the chips are down you civilized people will eat each other. Besides, whether Superman is killable or not, I personally believe that what doesn't kill you... only makes you stranger.
User avatar
HEEHEEHAHEEHA
 
Posts: 4
Joined: August 11th, 2009, 5:03 pm

Re: Dear Batman (And the Rest of SJ) ...Superman?

Postby SuperBiasedMan » August 11th, 2009, 5:35 pm

HEEHEEHAHEEHA wrote:What does it matter? To you, Superman, Super'heroes', they're just a bunch of freaks–

like me.

You need them. When you don’t… you’ll cast them out. Like lepers. See, your morals, your codes: they're a bad joke. They’re dropped at the first sign of trouble. They’re only as good as the world allows them to be. You’ll see, when the chips are down you civilized people will eat each other. Besides, whether Superman is killable or not, I personally believe that what doesn't kill you... only makes you stranger.


Are you... Lex Luthor?
Snuffan and on a separate occasion, my dad wrote:"don´t be a girls who needs a man, be the girl a man need"

Image
User avatar
SuperBiasedMan
 
Posts: 4609
Joined: November 1st, 2007, 1:30 pm
Location: The land of milk and honey. That's right, Ireland

Re: Dear Batman (And the Rest of SJ) ...Superman?

Postby Guest » August 11th, 2009, 6:18 pm

Image
Guest
 

Re: Dear Batman (And the Rest of SJ) ...Superman?

Postby Nicholas » August 11th, 2009, 7:13 pm

As said by other members, Superman is overpowered, that robs the stories of any real suspence. It's like if God had his own comic, no one would read because he can't die or loss or anything, he's God. Also Batman is crazy, and crazy people always make good characters. And Batman has the best villians, Riddler, Joker, Two-Face, and Cat Woman. (my personal favorite being Two-Face). Buuuuuut, Robin kinda sucks, just sayin'. It totaly doesn't vibe with the crazy person batman, only the campy batman. Oh, that another strength of Batman, how his stories can be either funny and campy, or real dark and serious. You have a lot of room to move with him, Superman can be campy or he can be serious but he always comes off dumb. Anyway, fuck Superman. (Oh, and the flash).
The sky was the color of a Tv tuned to a dead channel.
User avatar
Nicholas
 
Posts: 55
Joined: October 12th, 2006, 3:17 pm
Location: A Serious House on Serious Earth

Re: Dear Batman (And the Rest of SJ) ...Superman?

Postby HEEHEEHAHEEHA » August 11th, 2009, 7:16 pm

Batman wrote:Image

Image
User avatar
HEEHEEHAHEEHA
 
Posts: 4
Joined: August 11th, 2009, 5:03 pm

Re: Dear Batman (And the Rest of SJ) ...Superman?

Postby Plagueddy » August 11th, 2009, 7:19 pm

Nicholas wrote:As said by other members, Superman is overpowered, that robs the stories of any real suspence. It's like if God had his own comic, no one would read because he can't die or loss or anything, he's God. Also Batman is crazy, and crazy people always make good characters. And Batman has the best villians, Riddler, Joker, Two-Face, and Cat Woman. (my personal favorite being Two-Face). Buuuuuut, Robin kinda sucks, just sayin'. It totaly doesn't vibe with the crazy person batman, only the campy batman. Oh, that another strength of Batman, how his stories can be either funny and campy, or real dark and serious. You have a lot of room to move with him, Superman can be campy or he can be serious but he always comes off dumb. Anyway, fuck Superman. (Oh, and the flash).


... Have you ever even, like, read a Batman Comic?
I don't think Robin is campy- at least, no more then anyone else in tights. Maybe in the 60's, but he doesn't exactly swing around screaming "LEAPIN LIZARDZZZ BATMAN" anymore.

That's just my opinion anyway. He can hold his own in a fight too, plus it's kind of generalizing since there have been like, over 9000 Robins. Not all of them are hyperactive, chirpy kids bouncing around on wires, and even the one who was like that became the most angsty of them all within a few years.
Last edited by Plagueddy on August 11th, 2009, 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Plagueddy
 
Posts: 78
Joined: October 13th, 2008, 11:31 am
Location: Canada

Re: Dear Batman (And the Rest of SJ) ...Superman?

Postby Nicholas » August 11th, 2009, 7:26 pm

Plagueddy wrote:... Have you ever even, like, read a Batman Comic?
I don't think Robin is campy at all- at least, no more then anyone else in tights. Maybe in the 60's, but he doesn't exactly swing around screaming "LEAPIN LIZARDZZZ BATMAN" anymore.


Course I read Batman! I just don't think he vibes with the more dark version of Batman, have you read Arkham Asylum? That story I think, points out why the boy wonder just doesn't fit with the non campy Batman. What Batman is, to me at least, is this kind of imbodyment of insanity and justice, I don't think a 14 year old boy fits into that world.
The sky was the color of a Tv tuned to a dead channel.
User avatar
Nicholas
 
Posts: 55
Joined: October 12th, 2006, 3:17 pm
Location: A Serious House on Serious Earth

Re: Dear Batman (And the Rest of SJ) ...Superman?

Postby Plagueddy » August 11th, 2009, 7:38 pm

I see where you're coming from, but I think there are some situations in which Batman needs Robin lest he go over the edge. I think his story can be pretty dark as well, depending on how it's told and which Robin it is. Perhaps he's not as edgy as Batman himself, but I wouldn't call him 'sucky'.
Image
User avatar
Plagueddy
 
Posts: 78
Joined: October 13th, 2008, 11:31 am
Location: Canada

Re: Dear Batman (And the Rest of SJ) ...Superman?

Postby MacSimon » August 11th, 2009, 8:26 pm

Nah, Aquaman is worse.

And that fella that could only transform in ice or water.....
THAT was useless.
User avatar
MacSimon
 
Posts: 4481
Joined: February 26th, 2008, 5:47 pm
Location: A planet in space.

Re: Dear Batman (And the Rest of SJ) ...Superman?

Postby Guest » August 11th, 2009, 9:39 pm

You people seriously don't know what you're talking about.

You don't know anything about me, you don't know anything about Superman, you don't know anything about american comic books and you do a terrible job of pretending to be the Joker.

Seriously Heath Ledger? Mark Hamill is obviously the better choice to counterpart my Kevin Conroy.
Guest
 

Re: Dear Batman (And the Rest of SJ) ...Superman?

Postby HEEHEEHAHEEHA » August 11th, 2009, 9:55 pm

Batsy, if I were Mark Hamill they wouldn't even be having this conversation about the Bird Boy!
Have you forgotten the end of "Return of the Joker"?
Perhaps it's just part of the joke! Perhaps I'm Mark Hamill in disguise!

Get with the game, Rich Boy. Give us a smile.
User avatar
HEEHEEHAHEEHA
 
Posts: 4
Joined: August 11th, 2009, 5:03 pm

Re: Dear Batman (And the Rest of SJ) ...Superman?

Postby Plagueddy » August 11th, 2009, 10:07 pm

I-

I like American Comics, B-Batman. :( /reaches out/

Superman isn't exactly my cup of tea, but I don't know, he's been pwned quite a few times. And in his defense, he's a pretty early superhero- though, his first appearance was as a villain. And whuut about Ra's Al Ghul? Feehhh-

Obviously, Deadpool is best. Batman, you've disappointed me with your ridicule.
Image
User avatar
Plagueddy
 
Posts: 78
Joined: October 13th, 2008, 11:31 am
Location: Canada

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 20 guests