Dear Batman (And the Rest of SJ) ...Superman?

Kick back and chat it up with other Jeeves Smackers.

Re: Dear Batman (And the Rest of SJ) ...Superman?

Postby gun21 » August 14th, 2009, 3:45 pm

Gibson Twist wrote:
youngcannibals wrote:Frank Miller (before he became a hack).

Frank Miller's driving a cab, now? Damn, he must've got screwed on 300.

You know, Neil Gaiman has refused, despite some reportedly very attractive offers, to write a Batman graphic novel.

Actually he wrote "Whatever happened to the Worlds greatest detective?" this year. It was supposed to be a "last" Batman story similar to Alan Moore's work on "Whatever happened to the Man of Tommorow?" He wasn't going to be bogged down by any continuity, was allowed to do whatever he wanted, and was paired up with a great artist.

To be honest, it wasn't good. It wasn't bad as the current Frank Miller stuff (His latest projects are Batman v.s. Alqueda, and a 300 sequel.) But the fact was that nothing happened. It starts with Batman's funeral with a couple of short stories telling different ways of how he died, and in the end it's just "Oh waitaminute, you're still alive." It wasn't a satisfying read.

Grant Morrison on the other hand has been doing great stuff (with the exception of Batman and Son, I agree with the Dark Knight there.) Batman RIP was a great story where a criminal organization takes him down by trying to convince Batman that everything he knew was a lie.

Batman and Robin (not the movie) is the sequel to Batman RIP following Dick Grayson taking up the cowl with Damian Wayne (His son) as the new Robin. The book itself is just plain fun with a more light hearted Batman and a scowling bad ass Robin (Who wears pants now)
gun21

Postby dead pool » August 14th, 2009, 3:57 pm

SuperBiasedMan wrote:Is kind of hoping that someone will make another account in an attempt to emulate the awesomeness that is Deadpool

You were expecting maybe Van Wilder?

Sorry folks, woulda been here sooner, but some rassa-frassin spriter who hasn't updated his fanless comics in over a year got first dibs on "deadpool." I was almost pissed figuring someone beat me to the punch with this. If Admin doesn't put a stop to all this superhero account crap, we'll have a whole stinkin' Justice League spamming up the place in one month.

And I know what you're thinkin. "But Deadpool! You're definitely not helping the problem by beboppin into the forums like this." No shinola, but I never could resist a good set up. Now I'm gonna split. See ya, true believers!

Th-th-th-th-that's all folks!
dead pool

Postby Guest » August 14th, 2009, 4:10 pm

I take it roleplaying has resurrected from the forums.

I tell you what, a King of the Hill setup...

Postby SuperBiasedMan » August 14th, 2009, 4:21 pm

dead pool wrote:Deadpool-y stuff

He didn't even sing My Sharona...

granmastern wrote:I take it roleplaying has resurrected from the forums.

I tell you what, a King of the Hill setup...

How much you've missed.
Everyone's also doing everything I say.
Go make me a sandwich.
Snuffan and on a separate occasion, my dad wrote:"don´t be a girls who needs a man, be the girl a man need"

SuperBiasedMan

Postby Nicholas » August 14th, 2009, 5:16 pm

Can I take the brief mention of Kingdom Come to say something here? FUCK ALEX ROSS! I hate that guys art, it has no style, no orginality, and nothing eye catching. And I really hate the way he lights stuff just, everything looks like an over exposed photo or a movie poster. BOOOOOOORIIIIIING!
The sky was the color of a Tv tuned to a dead channel.
Nicholas

Postby Guest » August 14th, 2009, 5:22 pm

Nicholas wrote:Can I take the brief mention of Kingdom Come to say something here? FUCK ALEX ROSS! I hate that guys art, it has no style, no orginality, and nothing eye catching. And I really hate the way he lights stuff just, everything looks like an over exposed photo or a movie poster. BOOOOOOORIIIIIING!

Postby Nicholas » August 14th, 2009, 5:29 pm

Okay, yeah, you got me, he does good cover art, and splash pages. Perhaps I went a little ape shit, but never the less, I stand by most of what I said.
The sky was the color of a Tv tuned to a dead channel.
Nicholas

Postby tezzle » August 14th, 2009, 5:35 pm

Nicholas wrote:Okay, yeah, you got me, he does good cover art, and splash pages. Perhaps I went a little ape shit, but never the less, I stand by most of what I said.

I still think it's a good example of what you were talking about. It makes for good epic covers & stuff like that, but I couldn't image an entire comic looking like that. I can barely make out what's what.
I'm Tooch now.
tezzle

Postby gun21 » August 14th, 2009, 5:59 pm

This should be in the American comics section of genre specific discussion.

It's a dead zone there.
gun21

Postby Vitotamito » August 14th, 2009, 7:42 pm

Alright guys, I'll go out and say it:

Deadpool is Marvel, Batman and Superman are DC. So why are we so anxious to throw a character who doesn't belong in the DC universe into the DC universe?

I'll also go on record saying DC has nothing on Marvel.
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Postby Warlin » August 14th, 2009, 8:03 pm

Vitotamito wrote:Alright guys, I'll go out and say it:

Deadpool is Marvel, Batman and Superman are DC. So why are we so anxious to throw a character who doesn't belong in the DC universe into the DC universe?

DC has Vertigo.
I'm starting a tumblr. I hear that's what the cool kids do. I would not mind if you click on it, but be gentle.
Warlin

Postby tezzle » August 14th, 2009, 9:23 pm

Vitotamito wrote:Alright guys, I'll go out and say it:

I honestly don't care much for Marvel. Deadpool's awesomeness transcends those boundaries. I don't know what it is about Marvel & DC that makes me love DC more, but I do...but MAN Deadpool is so badass.
I'm Tooch now.
tezzle

Postby Gibson Twist » August 15th, 2009, 12:07 am

tezzle wrote:I honestly don't care much for Marvel. Deadpool's awesomeness transcends those boundaries. I don't know what it is about Marvel & DC that makes me love DC more, but I do...but MAN Deadpool is so badass.

Here's something I just realized. I love it when Tezzle posts. Every time he does, even when it's about something I could give a shit-covered turd about, like in this thread, just seeing that Tezzle has posted makes me scramble to click my stylus. More often than most any other poster, especially now, Tezzle's posts will either make me laugh like a fiend or give me a moment to pause. I'd put Gouda and Our Man Charlie on that list too, but they're never around anymore. So, that said, Tezzle old sock, here's to you.

Cheers.
Gibson Twist

Postby trenton_dawn » August 15th, 2009, 1:02 am

Gibson Twist wrote:
tezzle wrote:I honestly don't care much for Marvel. Deadpool's awesomeness transcends those boundaries. I don't know what it is about Marvel & DC that makes me love DC more, but I do...but MAN Deadpool is so badass.

Here's something I just realized. I love it when Tezzle posts. Every time he does, even when it's about something I could give a shit-covered turd about, like in this thread, just seeing that Tezzle has posted makes me scramble to click my stylus. More often than most any other poster, especially now, Tezzle's posts will either make me laugh like a fiend or give me a moment to pause. I'd put Gouda and Our Man Charlie on that list too, but they're never around anymore. So, that said, Tezzle old sock, here's to you.

Cheers.

Wait...you navigate the Internet with your stylus? I always default back to my mouse if I'm not drawing.
Gaia, a fantasy comic
Ghost, an online novel — Sketchbook thread — deviantArt
Need assistance with anything? Feel free to PM me.
Seven Rain wrote:Trenton speaks words of wisdom.
trenton_dawn

Postby Gibson Twist » August 15th, 2009, 1:32 am

trenton_dawn wrote:Wait...you navigate the Internet with your stylus? I always default back to my mouse if I'm not drawing.

Brother, I'm not even sure if I still have a mouse. When I use a computer not my own and have to use the mouse, I have trouble using it because it's so clunky and weird. It's like trying to type using a rock. The stylus is so much more natural. And if that blows your mind, I don't even illustrate on the computer, so the one thing I don't use my stylus for is drawing.
Gibson Twist

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion