What was it called again? [Help-me-find-it Thread]

Kick back and chat it up with other Jeeves Smackers.

Re: What was it called again? [Help-me-find-it Thread]

Postby Akkineko22 » January 23rd, 2017, 1:02 pm

Can someone help me find a comic please? I remember what its about but I can't remember the name for the life of me. I think it's about these two guys who met each other at a cosplay convention and were talking. One of them had to leave and was trying to give the other guy his contact info but wasnt able to write it all down. A while after the convention, they end up becoming roommates in college and didnt recognize each other at first until one of them mentioned the cosplay he was in. It's a BL comic. Please help me. I really wanna continue reading it! :!: :(
Akkineko22
 
Posts: 1
Joined: January 13th, 2017, 8:52 am

Re: What was it called again? [Help-me-find-it Thread]

Postby Stitched » January 23rd, 2017, 2:40 pm

Yohji wrote:The comic I'm looking for is a boy love comic and it's about a boy transferring to a popular boarding school. He was shown around the school by a blonde happy go lucky guy and later on eventually the boy ends up seeing a male student masturbating in a classroom. Since then the male student harasses the boy and follows him around. Anyone knows the name of the comic>?


Hello! I don't remember the title but I remember the plot well!!!!
Unfortunately- last time I remember creator's friend, Kushina(one who created that webcomic with a vampire boy being saved by a werewolf and they end up dating, it was heavily comedy. i forgot the name of it as well gah), posted somewhere about it. She said that the one who created the comic you were looking for's parents grounded them and deleted everything off their laptop, including webcomics from what I read. So that particular comic is gone off this site and everywhere else too.
User avatar
Stitched
 
Posts: 7
Joined: June 18th, 2015, 2:18 pm

Re: What was it called again? [Help-me-find-it Thread]

Postby RestlessColour » January 28th, 2017, 6:21 am

Hey guys!

Looking for: So there was this webcomic called "Bark 'n' Bite" I believe, which was mostly drawn in grey but also had some vibrant colors in it, depending on the scene. I also recall the story being told from at least two points of perspectives (I think the first one followed a couple, who did something illegal like selling drugs or something? And the second one was a group of male friends, who were at a bar and just noticed a girl). The characters were all kinda punk-rock looking, if I have to describe them.

But the webcomic doesn't seem to exist anymore? - or at least not under the name, I think I recall. It might already been 5 years since I read a page of it.
I also don't know who created it or if the webcomic continued under another name for example. I would love to reread it or see the story continue or at least find the artist(s) to see their current work.

Thank you in advance for your help!
User avatar
RestlessColour
 
Posts: 1
Joined: January 28th, 2017, 5:58 am

Re: What was it called again? [Help-me-find-it Thread]

Postby DarkGlaive » February 20th, 2017, 4:10 am

Hello everyone! I used to read many comics on here a long time ago, and have just came back to the community (I forgot all my old login info).

Looking for: I am pretty sure I read this comic here - I remember a white haired boy who is attacked, he uses a stick that can control water, like a water sword. I remember there is emphasis on fire - spreading through the village or from someone who attacked... I think there were airplanes, and there was definitely either a floating island or at least mountainous village that the white haired boy is from or goes to. I am sorry it's kind of vague, but I think the name was something like Vagabond or. .. V something.. maybe not.

Either way the most vivid parts are, the sketchy style, white haired boy with a water sword weapon, fire in the village, airplane (maybe), floating island/forest? It would be amazing if anyone knew about this webcomic.
DarkGlaive
 
Posts: 1
Joined: February 20th, 2017, 4:03 am

Re: What was it called again? [Help-me-find-it Thread]

Postby ouchok » February 21st, 2017, 3:51 pm

Old smackjeeves comic.

Looking for: A comic about a girl who constantly has bad luck. She's not too popular, and she gets hit in the head with a soccer ball while sitting outside her school. She spends a lot of time with her fluffy cat. I don't remember much, but I think she somehow ends up in another dimension where she runs into a prince. I think something bad happens, and somehow the prince ends up back in her dimension with her, where she must disguise him as a student. I think his nemesis also ends up in their dimension, and is also disguised.

Sound familiar to anyone? This would be a circa 2008-2010 smackjeeves comic, all pencil, I think.
ouchok
 
Posts: 1
Joined: February 21st, 2017, 3:42 pm

Re: What was it called again? [Help-me-find-it Thread]

Postby valentiores » March 2nd, 2017, 9:24 am

Does anyone remember this webcomic?

A boy, of I think around 13, somehow gets transported into his own future, when he is in his late 20s or so, after a mysterious figure seemingly tried to attack him, for no known reason. The boy is often confused for a girl, and the first friend his age he makes is a girl that is sometimes mistaken for a boy. His older self has to pretend his younger self is his son, that was unknown to everyone. I think the early story that I had read when I first found it included the main character's sister going to be married to his best friend soon, when a mysterious figure attacks the main character(s) and his/their new female friend, who they flee from. I think it took place in Australia (perhaps New Zealand?), in what was then our near future, perhaps 2018.
valentiores
 
Posts: 4
Joined: February 7th, 2016, 7:58 pm

Re: What was it called again? [Help-me-find-it Thread]

Postby ewolf20 » April 3rd, 2017, 12:42 pm

there was a web comic with the image if a girl or boy surrounded by cats. for some reason, no matter what word i typed in the search bar, there's no search results. I'll give you hint to, it's in the front page comic spotlight thing.
User avatar
ewolf20
 
Posts: 13
Joined: December 19th, 2016, 8:24 pm

Re: What was it called again? [Help-me-find-it Thread]

Postby eishiya » April 3rd, 2017, 12:46 pm

ewolf20 wrote:there was a web comic with the image if a girl or boy surrounded by cats. for some reason, no matter what word i typed in the search bar, there's no search results. I'll give you hint to, it's in the front page comic spotlight thing.

I think you're describing the spotlight banner for Anything About Nothing.
Image
User avatar
eishiya
 
Posts: 9393
Joined: December 5th, 2009, 11:17 am

Re: What was it called again? [Help-me-find-it Thread]

Postby Alonaria » April 17th, 2017, 10:35 am

Ugh, it's a really old Smackjeeves comic so it might not exist anymore, but I think it was completed so I don't know why it might have been deleted? It might have existed off of Smackjeeves as well, but SJ is the only place I read it.

I think it might have been called something along the lines of "The Dragon's Dreamland" but I might just be going insane. It was a very mature, dark plot with graphic depictions of torture. I can't remember the exact plot all that well, and sometimes I couldn't even tell what was going on it it, but I'll describe it as best I can.

It was a female MC and in one of the earliest scenes her skin was being peeled away or something like that? Somehow certain characters were able to make people, like, self destruct lol. There was religious/cult involvement somehow. I remember the MC being forced into some kind of giant graveyard thing where she was like supposedly guaranteed to die or something like that? And it turned out she was a dragon? And let me reiterate that the whole thing was very dark. If nothing else, I remember the atmosphere and my young, innocent self's horror at the clearly depicted mutilation and abuse, haha (why am I looking for this comic again xD).

As for the art, it was very detailed and drawn in a "mature" manner. I can't actually remember for some reason whether it was color or not theoughout, but I don't think it was. I know the first few pages at least had some kind of color? They were also in a super realistic painted style rather than flat shading/anime style.

Wow, this is such a ridiculously convoluted explanation. I apologize. I just remember reading this ages ago and enjoying it despite it not being very popular, but now I just can't find it and it's driving me crazy because I'm itching to reread it.
Alonaria
 
Posts: 2
Joined: April 30th, 2011, 9:10 am

Re: What was it called again? [Help-me-find-it Thread]

Postby eishiya » April 17th, 2017, 11:09 am

Alonaria wrote:Ugh, it's a really old Smackjeeves comic so it might not exist anymore, but I think it was completed so I don't know why it might have been deleted? It might have existed off of Smackjeeves as well, but SJ is the only place I read it.

I think it might have been called something along the lines of "The Dragon's Dreamland" but I might just be going insane. It was a very mature, dark plot with graphic depictions of torture. I can't remember the exact plot all that well, and sometimes I couldn't even tell what was going on it it, but I'll describe it as best I can.

It was a female MC and in one of the earliest scenes her skin was being peeled away or something like that? Somehow certain characters were able to make people, like, self destruct lol. There was religious/cult involvement somehow. I remember the MC being forced into some kind of giant graveyard thing where she was like supposedly guaranteed to die or something like that? And it turned out she was a dragon? And let me reiterate that the whole thing was very dark. If nothing else, I remember the atmosphere and my young, innocent self's horror at the clearly depicted mutilation and abuse, haha (why am I looking for this comic again xD).

As for the art, it was very detailed and drawn in a "mature" manner. I can't actually remember for some reason whether it was color or not theoughout, but I don't think it was. I know the first few pages at least had some kind of color? They were also in a super realistic painted style rather than flat shading/anime style.

Wow, this is such a ridiculously convoluted explanation. I apologize. I just remember reading this ages ago and enjoying it despite it not being very popular, but now I just can't find it and it's driving me crazy because I'm itching to reread it.

You're thinking of XTIN, I believe. The author removed the original comic from SJ, started a coloured remake, then I think they stopped that and either reposted the original with tweaks or redid the remake in B&W, I'm not sure as I stopped reading when they started the first remake. In any case, you can find it here.
Image
User avatar
eishiya
 
Posts: 9393
Joined: December 5th, 2009, 11:17 am

Could anyone please help me find this webmanga?

Postby DuckDuckBro » June 15th, 2017, 10:11 am

I've been trying to find it for a long time now, but I still can't find it. Could anyone please help me?

If I remember correctly, it started off with a girl and her father (I think he was a scientist?) were celebrating the girl's birthday, and her father lit fireworks for her. She's amazed by the sight and couldn't be more grateful to her father.

It then cuts to a kingdom of people that have snake powers, led by a king that has a harem of snake-people.

Girl's father goes missing, and she looks for him. She discovered that the world is populated by people with the powers of animals, and she's the only one without animal powers, except she's not. She discovered that she has the powers of every animal, but has no idea how to use them.

There was also this box jellyfish girl that killed anyone who touched her, and an underwater wall that caused some kind of horrible disaster.
DuckDuckBro
 
Posts: 2
Joined: July 23rd, 2016, 9:42 am

Re: Could anyone please help me find this webmanga?

Postby cloverthegreat » August 6th, 2017, 8:38 pm

DuckDuckBro wrote:I've been trying to find it for a long time now, but I still can't find it. Could anyone please help me?

If I remember correctly, it started off with a girl and her father (I think he was a scientist?) were celebrating the girl's birthday, and her father lit fireworks for her. She's amazed by the sight and couldn't be more grateful to her father.

It then cuts to a kingdom of people that have snake powers, led by a king that has a harem of snake-people.

Girl's father goes missing, and she looks for him. She discovered that the world is populated by people with the powers of animals, and she's the only one without animal powers, except she's not. She discovered that she has the powers of every animal, but has no idea how to use them.

There was also this box jellyfish girl that killed anyone who touched her, and an underwater wall that caused some kind of horrible disaster.


Pretty sure you're talking about Hinata I read it for a bit but got creeped out around the end of the snake story.
Image
User avatar
cloverthegreat
 
Posts: 700
Joined: May 17th, 2011, 3:46 pm

What was that called? I swear, it's on the tip of my tounge.

Postby BestBuilder101 » August 7th, 2017, 12:50 pm

Can someone help me find a movie? It was a kid movie in stopmotion, had monkeys as the antagonists, and had Walking On Sunshine as the credits song and was made in the 2010's. I don't remember anything else though.
I draw inside jokes and weird things.
User avatar
BestBuilder101
 
Posts: 3
Joined: March 7th, 2017, 6:15 pm

Re: What was it called again? [Help-me-find-it Thread]

Postby The_Hankerchief » August 11th, 2017, 11:12 pm

So, there's this instrumental metal band that a fellow airman was playing in the work truck a few nights ago, before he caught the rotator home. I recall thinking I should share it with Seven Rain, because I thought he'd like it, but after I got off work, I forgot. Now that I finally remembered to share it, I forgot the band name and that other airman is gone, so I can't ask him who it was.

All I remember is, the band's name consisted of two words, and the first one started with an A. All they play is instrumental metal songs. Any metalheads out there know who that is?

EDIT:
cloverthegreat wrote:
DuckDuckBro wrote:I've been trying to find it for a long time now, but I still can't find it. Could anyone please help me?

If I remember correctly, it started off with a girl and her father (I think he was a scientist?) were celebrating the girl's birthday, and her father lit fireworks for her. She's amazed by the sight and couldn't be more grateful to her father.

It then cuts to a kingdom of people that have snake powers, led by a king that has a harem of snake-people.

Girl's father goes missing, and she looks for him. She discovered that the world is populated by people with the powers of animals, and she's the only one without animal powers, except she's not. She discovered that she has the powers of every animal, but has no idea how to use them.

There was also this box jellyfish girl that killed anyone who touched her, and an underwater wall that caused some kind of horrible disaster.


Pretty sure you're talking about Hinata I read it for a bit but got creeped out around the end of the snake story.

Yeah, that was Hinata. From what I recall, Fish (verticalfish, the author) was taking a break to work on a few other projects. He's done a lot, he has--and as a Med student!
sanspants wrote:Man, I bet the NSA guys know where to find the best porn.

Sonic-ock wrote:I, the procrastination fairy, am glad to have been a positive influence on the community.
User avatar
The_Hankerchief
 
Posts: 4013
Joined: September 2nd, 2010, 1:59 am
Location: (Insert Johnny Cash's "I've Been Everywhere")

Re: What was it called again? [Help-me-find-it Thread]

Postby Seven Rain » August 12th, 2017, 12:43 am

The_Hankerchief wrote:So, there's this instrumental metal band that a fellow airman was playing in the work truck a few nights ago, before he caught the rotator home. I recall thinking I should share it with Seven Rain, because I thought he'd like it, but after I got off work, I forgot. Now that I finally remembered to share it, I forgot the band name and that other airman is gone, so I can't ask him who it was.

All I remember is, the band's name consisted of two words, and the first one started with an A. All they play is instrumental metal songs. Any metalheads out there know who that is?

Was it Angel Vivaldi? Animals as Leaders comes to mind, too, but that's three words.
Image
User avatar
Seven Rain
 
Posts: 23727
Joined: February 21st, 2008, 7:05 am
Location: Nostalgia Town

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests