Favorite Genre of Music?

Kick back and chat it up with other Jeeves Smackers.

Re: Favorite Genre of Music?

Postby Guest » May 18th, 2009, 12:57 am

Gouda wrote:Oh, mostly entry level hipster garbage.


Aye.
Guest
 

Re: Favorite Genre of Music?

Postby Sonic-ock » May 18th, 2009, 8:18 am

Tuvan Throat singing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY1pcEtHI_w

Of all the music I listen to, Hip-hop, rock(all kinds, Bluegrass, reaggeaton, et. Almost nothing sounds as good to me as this.
Image
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Sonic-ock
 
Posts: 5962
Joined: January 16th, 2008, 7:21 pm
Location: AMARILLO TEXAS!

Re: Favorite Genre of Music?

Postby Dlouquet » May 18th, 2009, 9:48 am

I'd say it's either 1st wave political punk (Dead Kennedys style) or budget grunge like this ~~~> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpPaeBloCXY
Image
User avatar
Dlouquet
 
Posts: 21
Joined: November 24th, 2008, 12:04 pm
Location: Missoula, MT

Re: Favorite Genre of Music?

Postby Guest » May 18th, 2009, 6:36 pm

Probably goa trance, if I had to pick just one.
Guest
 

Re: Favorite Genre of Music?

Postby The Insomniac » May 19th, 2009, 2:37 am

oh gawd, my favorite genres are all over the place *thinks*
you'd really do better asking me what i /dooon't/ like and that would be country and jazz/blues.

besides that my favorites switch up a lot.
like right now i think i'm liking a lot of pop and alternative.
User avatar
The Insomniac
 
Posts: 4
Joined: May 15th, 2009, 4:09 am

Re: Favorite Genre of Music?

Postby Nahara » May 20th, 2009, 8:41 pm

Indie Rock
mewithoutYou
Wreckless Eric

POST ROCK
God Speed! You Black Emperor
Sigur Ros
Russian Circles

Folk
Fionn Regan
Songs of Green Pheasant
Brett Dennan

Tribal Surf Rock
High Places
High Places

Indie Hip-Hop
The Orphanage

Trip Hop
UNKLE

(gawd my indiecred is so heavy.)
Last edited by Nahara on May 20th, 2009, 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Nahara
 
Posts: 4
Joined: August 14th, 2006, 8:40 pm

Re: Favorite Genre of Music?

Postby Beany » May 20th, 2009, 8:47 pm

I like a vast multitude of genres, most of which can be classified as hipster garabe. Recently I've enjoyed a lot of post-rock/ambient type of things, however now that summer's coming, my tastes are starting to change to happier, more upbeat music. I've really enjoyed listening to Pronk (Progressive Punk) due to Cardiacs, which I must say, is the best band of the 80's. In addition I've also really enjoyed Folk recently, mostly Madeline Ava's cover of In the Aeroplane Over the Sea and The Comedian's Moon Colony Bloodbath EP. I've really grown to detest most Dad Rock and Metal.
Beany
 
Posts: 47
Joined: September 27th, 2005, 9:34 pm

Postby Kazuuu » May 20th, 2009, 10:22 pm

There's no word to describe my music tastes.

Techno-y? Metal-y? Yummy-y?

Let's just say stellar. Stellar is a cool word.

Most people don't know this, but I like a little screamo. Gasp! Only a little, like some lines in the song are screamed. I don't like entire songs where it's like: "MY LIIFFEEE SUUUUCKKKKS! I LIKE CHEEESCAAAAAAAKE. I'M GOING TO DAMAGE MY THROOOOOATTTTTT. WELCOME TO GOOD BURGER HOME OF THE GOOD BURGER MAY I TAKE YOUR ORDEEERRRR" etc, etc.

Some musics I like are Panic! at the Disco, Evanescence, Linkin Park, Weezer, Billy Talent, Queen, Moulin Rouge Soundtrack, Regina Spektor, The Ting Tings, They Might be Giants, Submersed, Europe, Big and Rich, and more.
User avatar
Kazuuu
 
Posts: 59
Joined: March 17th, 2008, 11:32 pm

Re:

Postby Beany » May 20th, 2009, 10:36 pm

Kazuuu wrote:Some musics I like are Panic! at the Disco, Evanescence, Linkin Park, Weezer, Billy Talent, Queen, Moulin Rouge Soundtrack, Regina Spektor, The Ting Tings, They Might be Giants, Submersed, Europe, Big and Rich, and more.


>Evanescence
>Linkin Park
>Billy Talent
>Europe
>Big and Rich

Oh god, I raged. 10/10
Beany
 
Posts: 47
Joined: September 27th, 2005, 9:34 pm

Re: Re:

Postby Gouda » May 21st, 2009, 6:13 am

Beany wrote:
Kazuuu wrote:Some musics I like are Panic! at the Disco, Evanescence, Linkin Park, Weezer, Billy Talent, Queen, Moulin Rouge Soundtrack, Regina Spektor, The Ting Tings, They Might be Giants, Submersed, Europe, Big and Rich, and more.


>Evanescence
>Linkin Park
>Billy Talent
>Europe
>Big and Rich

Oh god, I raged. 10/10

Hey, buddy. You're not in 4chan anymore.
this is my home now.
see you around.
User avatar
Gouda
 
Posts: 21
Joined: January 23rd, 2006, 8:04 am

Re: Favorite Genre of Music?

Postby Beany » May 21st, 2009, 6:27 am

I can't believe you called me a 4channer. 4chan is terrible, there are a multitude of *chans that are easily much better.
Beany
 
Posts: 47
Joined: September 27th, 2005, 9:34 pm

Re: Favorite Genre of Music?

Postby Sonic-ock » May 21st, 2009, 10:57 am

Beany wrote:I can't believe you called me a 4channer. 4chan is terrible, there are a multitude of *chans that are easily much better.

Most chans are pretty terrible, The only reason I can think of to visit any chan besides 4chan is to find porn.

I've addicted to gangsta rap like nobody's business lately.
Image
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Sonic-ock
 
Posts: 5962
Joined: January 16th, 2008, 7:21 pm
Location: AMARILLO TEXAS!

Re: Favorite Genre of Music?

Postby SuperBiasedMan » May 21st, 2009, 11:58 am

Sonic-ock wrote:
Beany wrote:I can't believe you called me a 4channer. 4chan is terrible, there are a multitude of *chans that are easily much better.

Most chans are pretty terrible, The only reason I can think of to visit any chan besides 4chan is to find porn.


Do you need another reason?
Snuffan and on a separate occasion, my dad wrote:"don´t be a girls who needs a man, be the girl a man need"

Image
User avatar
SuperBiasedMan
 
Posts: 4609
Joined: November 1st, 2007, 1:30 pm
Location: The land of milk and honey. That's right, Ireland

Re: Favorite Genre of Music?

Postby AFStaff » May 21st, 2009, 6:25 pm

SuperBiasedMan wrote:
Sonic-ock wrote:
Beany wrote:I can't believe you called me a 4channer. 4chan is terrible, there are a multitude of *chans that are easily much better.

Most chans are pretty terrible, The only reason I can think of to visit any chan besides 4chan is to find porn.


Do you need another reason?


He left off the important modifier: Kiddie.

Also to steer this back at an onramp to the highway of on-topic: I like alternative rock as well.
User avatar
AFStaff
 
Posts: 66
Joined: November 18th, 2005, 5:13 pm

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests