An SJ tribute holiday?

Kick back and chat it up with other Jeeves Smackers.

An SJ tribute holiday?

Postby avian-reader » May 14th, 2009, 2:25 pm

I was wondering, maybe with everything that's gone on, wouldn't it be apprpriate to start a tribute holiday in honor of the seven now retired Mods? Maybe I'm just being daft, but I reckon it would be a nice thing to set up. Just dedicate the day on SmackJeeves to them?

I dunno, I just think it would be nice.
Got questions about autism? Feel free to ask :)
avian-reader

Re: An SJ tribute holiday?

Postby Mavander » May 14th, 2009, 2:32 pm

They aren't Jesus, they didn't make a country undependant and they did not smash a meteor aiming at a kitty. A holiday they deserve not. Unless we're starting a religion based on this forum.
Mavander

Postby trenton_dawn » May 14th, 2009, 2:55 pm

No.
Gaia, a fantasy comic
Ghost, an online novel — Sketchbook thread — deviantArt
Need assistance with anything? Feel free to PM me.
Seven Rain wrote:Trenton speaks words of wisdom.
trenton_dawn

Postby avian-reader » May 14th, 2009, 3:11 pm

Ok, bad idea, sorry. I wont bring it up again. I don't really like change, and what with this and end of school tomorrow, I'm feeling a tad off, so doing things I wouldn't normally do. Like bring up stupid ideas like this, ones that are obviously stupid at least.
Last edited by avian-reader on May 14th, 2009, 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got questions about autism? Feel free to ask :)
avian-reader

Postby Afrohawkman » May 14th, 2009, 3:12 pm

Mavander wrote:Unless we're starting a religion based on this forum.

Man I wish I could respond to this.

As for the holiday thing...nah. They were awesome, but constantly reminding ourselves of a past that arguably better is depressing. You could make a tribute comic if you wanted though. Just, make sure it's not sprites. They probably wouldn't appreciate sprites.
Afrohawkman

Postby Vitotamito » May 14th, 2009, 4:59 pm

Maybe we should start a yearly holiday remembering the day we switched forums over. Like, a landmark day where the swearing filters are turned off for just that day. Or where we all worship me as our lord and savior? Or just a day when everyone's like, "Hey, remember the good ol' days?" while they sit on their porch smoking corn pipes.
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Postby SuperBiasedMan » May 14th, 2009, 5:09 pm

Vitotamito wrote:Maybe we should start a yearly holiday remembering the day we switched forums over. Like, a landmark day where the swearing filters are turned off for just that day. Or where we all worship me as our lord and savior? Or just a day when everyone's like, "Hey, remember the good ol' days?" while they sit on their porch smoking corn pipes.

We can actually turn off the swear filter in our profiles anyway, I found that earlier.
And who doesn't worship you?
Snuffan and on a separate occasion, my dad wrote:"don´t be a girls who needs a man, be the girl a man need"

SuperBiasedMan

Postby Vitotamito » May 14th, 2009, 5:13 pm

SuperBiasedMan wrote:
Vitotamito wrote:Maybe we should start a yearly holiday remembering the day we switched forums over. Like, a landmark day where the swearing filters are turned off for just that day. Or where we all worship me as our lord and savior? Or just a day when everyone's like, "Hey, remember the good ol' days?" while they sit on their porch smoking corn pipes.

We can actually turn off the swear filter in our profiles anyway, I found that earlier.
And who doesn't worship you?

You were absolutely correct on both accounts! Congrats, my apprentice!
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Postby Admin » May 14th, 2009, 5:14 pm

I think some sort of Moderator Appreciation Day to revere mods of the present and past would actually be a great idea.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby AFStaff » May 14th, 2009, 6:58 pm

Why does it always seem that anytime a huge change/ event happens in a community someone wants to commemorate it forever? It happens a lot in online games.
AFStaff

Postby tezzle » May 14th, 2009, 7:14 pm

AFStaff wrote:Why does it always seem that anytime a huge change/ event happens in a community someone wants to commemorate it forever? It happens a lot in online games.

Well, this isn't an online game, unless you count the fact that we're all hooked into The Matrix...I just have to prove it...Someday...

Maybe not a holiday...but now that I think about it, what would be cool is if a bunch of us artsy-folks got together & made some kind of awesome action/comedy webcomic that was really a paradoxical allegory for what was happening with the mods & admins on the forum. The protagonists could each be based on a mod...I wonder what Charlie would look like! Maybe he'd be some sort of mythical creature......a jackalope perhaps? Whatever sort of character Cutething would be, she would be a fierce warrior & wield a mighty ban-hammer.
I'm Tooch now.
tezzle

Postby Guest » May 14th, 2009, 8:35 pm

This is highly unnecessary. Just donate or something and thank SJ for letting you host comics.

Postby Twilight. t. Kitsune » May 14th, 2009, 10:16 pm

I say everyday I post a comic is a holiday to me. Ok so that does sound a Bit corny but do you realy need more then to just apretiate every day your given? Think about it.
Twilight. t. Kitsune

Postby MuriraRK » May 14th, 2009, 11:30 pm

Mavander wrote:Unless we're starting a religion based on this forum.

If fangirls can make a religion based on Edward Cullen, I'm sure we can pull something together.

I was thinking something with lots of chanting. And iguanas.
ImageImage
MuriraRK

Postby Guest » May 15th, 2009, 8:17 am

tezzle wrote:
AFStaff wrote:Why does it always seem that anytime a huge change/ event happens in a community someone wants to commemorate it forever? It happens a lot in online games.

Well, this isn't an online game, unless you count the fact that we're all hooked into The Matrix...I just have to prove it...Someday...

Maybe not a holiday...but now that I think about it, what would be cool is if a bunch of us artsy-folks got together & made some kind of awesome action/comedy webcomic that was really a paradoxical allegory for what was happening with the mods & admins on the forum. The protagonists could each be based on a mod...I wonder what Charlie would look like! Maybe he'd be some sort of mythical creature......a jackalope perhaps? Whatever sort of character Cutething would be, she would be a fierce warrior & wield a mighty ban-hammer.

This is cutething with the mod team behind her.

Next

Return to General Discussion