An SJ tribute holiday?

Kick back and chat it up with other Jeeves Smackers.

An SJ tribute holiday?

Postby avian-reader » May 14th, 2009, 2:25 pm

I was wondering, maybe with everything that's gone on, wouldn't it be apprpriate to start a tribute holiday in honor of the seven now retired Mods? Maybe I'm just being daft, but I reckon it would be a nice thing to set up. Just dedicate the day on SmackJeeves to them?

I dunno, I just think it would be nice.
Got questions about autism? Feel free to ask :)
User avatar
avian-reader
 
Posts: 2440
Joined: October 8th, 2008, 4:48 pm
Location: UK

Re: An SJ tribute holiday?

Postby Mavander » May 14th, 2009, 2:32 pm

They aren't Jesus, they didn't make a country undependant and they did not smash a meteor aiming at a kitty. A holiday they deserve not. Unless we're starting a religion based on this forum.
User avatar
Mavander
 
Posts: 5
Joined: April 22nd, 2007, 3:15 pm

Re: An SJ tribute holiday?

Postby trenton_dawn » May 14th, 2009, 2:55 pm

No.
Gaia, a fantasy comic
Ghost, an online novel — Sketchbook thread — deviantArt
Need assistance with anything? Feel free to PM me.
Seven Rain wrote:Trenton speaks words of wisdom.
User avatar
trenton_dawn
 
Posts: 2710
Joined: December 14th, 2006, 7:59 pm
Location: Auberdine, Darkshore (Alliance Territory)

Re: An SJ tribute holiday?

Postby avian-reader » May 14th, 2009, 3:11 pm

Ok, bad idea, sorry. I wont bring it up again. I don't really like change, and what with this and end of school tomorrow, I'm feeling a tad off, so doing things I wouldn't normally do. Like bring up stupid ideas like this, ones that are obviously stupid at least.
Last edited by avian-reader on May 14th, 2009, 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got questions about autism? Feel free to ask :)
User avatar
avian-reader
 
Posts: 2440
Joined: October 8th, 2008, 4:48 pm
Location: UK

Re: An SJ tribute holiday?

Postby Afrohawkman » May 14th, 2009, 3:12 pm

Mavander wrote:Unless we're starting a religion based on this forum.


Man I wish I could respond to this.

As for the holiday thing...nah. They were awesome, but constantly reminding ourselves of a past that arguably better is depressing. You could make a tribute comic if you wanted though. Just, make sure it's not sprites. They probably wouldn't appreciate sprites.
User avatar
Afrohawkman
 
Posts: 3937
Joined: December 26th, 2007, 1:29 pm

Re: An SJ tribute holiday?

Postby Vitotamito » May 14th, 2009, 4:59 pm

Maybe we should start a yearly holiday remembering the day we switched forums over. Like, a landmark day where the swearing filters are turned off for just that day. Or where we all worship me as our lord and savior? Or just a day when everyone's like, "Hey, remember the good ol' days?" while they sit on their porch smoking corn pipes.
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Image
Image
User avatar
Vitotamito
 
Posts: 5716
Joined: May 10th, 2006, 8:33 pm
Location: King's Landing, Westeros

Re: An SJ tribute holiday?

Postby SuperBiasedMan » May 14th, 2009, 5:09 pm

Vitotamito wrote:Maybe we should start a yearly holiday remembering the day we switched forums over. Like, a landmark day where the swearing filters are turned off for just that day. Or where we all worship me as our lord and savior? Or just a day when everyone's like, "Hey, remember the good ol' days?" while they sit on their porch smoking corn pipes.


We can actually turn off the swear filter in our profiles anyway, I found that earlier.
And who doesn't worship you?
Snuffan and on a separate occasion, my dad wrote:"don´t be a girls who needs a man, be the girl a man need"

Image
User avatar
SuperBiasedMan
 
Posts: 4609
Joined: November 1st, 2007, 1:30 pm
Location: The land of milk and honey. That's right, Ireland

Re: An SJ tribute holiday?

Postby Vitotamito » May 14th, 2009, 5:13 pm

SuperBiasedMan wrote:
Vitotamito wrote:Maybe we should start a yearly holiday remembering the day we switched forums over. Like, a landmark day where the swearing filters are turned off for just that day. Or where we all worship me as our lord and savior? Or just a day when everyone's like, "Hey, remember the good ol' days?" while they sit on their porch smoking corn pipes.


We can actually turn off the swear filter in our profiles anyway, I found that earlier.
And who doesn't worship you?


You were absolutely correct on both accounts! Congrats, my apprentice!
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Image
Image
User avatar
Vitotamito
 
Posts: 5716
Joined: May 10th, 2006, 8:33 pm
Location: King's Landing, Westeros

Re: An SJ tribute holiday?

Postby Admin » May 14th, 2009, 5:14 pm

I think some sort of Moderator Appreciation Day to revere mods of the present and past would actually be a great idea.
User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1462
Joined: August 17th, 2005, 11:10 pm

Re: An SJ tribute holiday?

Postby AFStaff » May 14th, 2009, 6:58 pm

Why does it always seem that anytime a huge change/ event happens in a community someone wants to commemorate it forever? It happens a lot in online games.
User avatar
AFStaff
 
Posts: 66
Joined: November 18th, 2005, 5:13 pm

Re: An SJ tribute holiday?

Postby tezzle » May 14th, 2009, 7:14 pm

AFStaff wrote:Why does it always seem that anytime a huge change/ event happens in a community someone wants to commemorate it forever? It happens a lot in online games.

Well, this isn't an online game, unless you count the fact that we're all hooked into The Matrix...I just have to prove it...Someday...

Maybe not a holiday...but now that I think about it, what would be cool is if a bunch of us artsy-folks got together & made some kind of awesome action/comedy webcomic that was really a paradoxical allegory for what was happening with the mods & admins on the forum. The protagonists could each be based on a mod...I wonder what Charlie would look like! Maybe he'd be some sort of mythical creature......a jackalope perhaps? Whatever sort of character Cutething would be, she would be a fierce warrior & wield a mighty ban-hammer.
I'm Tooch now.
User avatar
tezzle
 
Posts: 4014
Joined: September 1st, 2006, 12:32 pm
Location: Yes

Re: An SJ tribute holiday?

Postby Guest » May 14th, 2009, 8:35 pm

This is highly unnecessary. Just donate or something and thank SJ for letting you host comics.
Guest
 

Re: An SJ tribute holiday?

Postby Twilight. t. Kitsune » May 14th, 2009, 10:16 pm

I say everyday I post a comic is a holiday to me. Ok so that does sound a Bit corny but do you realy need more then to just apretiate every day your given? Think about it.
User avatar
Twilight. t. Kitsune
 
Posts: 32
Joined: January 29th, 2009, 9:27 pm

Re: An SJ tribute holiday?

Postby MuriraRK » May 14th, 2009, 11:30 pm

Mavander wrote:Unless we're starting a religion based on this forum.

If fangirls can make a religion based on Edward Cullen, I'm sure we can pull something together.

I was thinking something with lots of chanting. And iguanas.
ImageImage
User avatar
MuriraRK
 
Posts: 56
Joined: December 16th, 2005, 1:34 pm

Re: An SJ tribute holiday?

Postby Guest » May 15th, 2009, 8:17 am

tezzle wrote:
AFStaff wrote:Why does it always seem that anytime a huge change/ event happens in a community someone wants to commemorate it forever? It happens a lot in online games.

Well, this isn't an online game, unless you count the fact that we're all hooked into The Matrix...I just have to prove it...Someday...

Maybe not a holiday...but now that I think about it, what would be cool is if a bunch of us artsy-folks got together & made some kind of awesome action/comedy webcomic that was really a paradoxical allegory for what was happening with the mods & admins on the forum. The protagonists could each be based on a mod...I wonder what Charlie would look like! Maybe he'd be some sort of mythical creature......a jackalope perhaps? Whatever sort of character Cutething would be, she would be a fierce warrior & wield a mighty ban-hammer.


This is cutething with the mod team behind her.
Guest
 

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests